View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 2 of 1132 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast

artist: Arzeno (via deviantart)

I love so many of hte characters in the poll.
    The only ones on the list that I really can't stand are Prodigy and Shatterstar.
    But all the others range from okay to great.

I did vote for Billy though, because he's my favorite character all around. But I really wanted to vote for Anole and Teddy as well. And Cullan actually. And Phyla, but she wasn't on the list.
    Like I said, I love most of Marvel's LGBT characters. Most of them are just so fun and interesting.

Fave.

artist: Russel Dauterman

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    AWESOME thread! Thank you, Kieron Frost!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    You'e a hero.
    He is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Kieran Frost leading the cause as always. Thanks so much for this thread!

Yay, Cullen Bloodstone! Sad face that there's no Miss America Chavez. But even so, that's going to be a tough poll to pick from. Will have to think on this.
    I'm sad about Ms America... if it was just who I liked most, she'd have made it in instead of Moondragon (I've never read any comic with her in... though visually she's cool). But damn my scruples, I had to do the "right thing" and put in Moondragon.

No problem. I like them. I have yet to read Loki series. I'm waiting for 10-20 issue to came out, then I will read it. I hate waiting for new issue to came out. The suspense is killing me.
    Let me entice you...

Also, have you read Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery? As Rheged said, it's AMAZING! One of the best solo runs I've ever read (and you won't have to wait, because it's all out in TPB). It's witty, tragic, beautifully drawn and intelligently written. Plus if you like KidLoki in YA by Gillen, you know you'll love JiM.

YES! Maybe Miss America can get her own girlfriend. Orr..... Kate Bishop outed as bisexual and she's dating America.
    I like Kate being straight, but HELL YES I want MAC to have a girlfriend. Pity Karolina is taken, they'd be cute together (Karolina's rainbow flight stream vs. MAC's star spangled flyt stream -- they'd made such pretty pictures in the sky, it would be like Eva & Wall.E)

I've got the BKV Mystique series, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
    It's by BKV? I didn't know what... ohhhhhhhh, interested now. Read it soon, and let us know if it's a must buy (regardless of LGBT, a good comic is a good comic).

Two Gun Kid also had an ongoing series, but his sexuality definitely wasn't mentioned in that.
    Sadly not surprised BUT thrilled times are changing, I don't see many LGBT characters having this happen to them any more.

What did you think of that preview art for the YA Original SinS? It's quirk, but after McKelvie's slick, clean style I'm not really feeling this. Hopefully the words will change my mind, though I'm not fond of the Hood either.

I didn't love it... BUT... seeing it coloured, it defintely is better than just inked. I'm good with it... plus Noh-var in underwear, what's not to love? Also, LOVING seeing Teddy, Prodigy and Noh-var fighting together. I assume Wiccan is kidnapped by the Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    No coincidence that several of my recent favorite Marvel teams and books have an LGBT presence.
    I now have three LGBT characters in my "Top 10" (Wiccan 2nd, Daken 7th, Loki 10th); though Loki was in before he was outed. I'm so happy that over the past 3 years I've always had at-least one Marvel comic (mostly 2+, to be honest) comics with an LGBT character in the main cast. Currently I have:
    Amazing X-men
    Avengers Undercover
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    Uncanny X-men
    X-men

and Hawkeye (Kate's supporting cast is an adorable gay married couple)

5 years ago I never, EVER (in my wildest dreams) thought I'd see the day where I can get 5 comics (AND love them) which each have an LGBT character in the main cast.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

I like Kate being straight, but HELL YES I want MAC to have a girlfriend. Pity Karolina is taken, they'd be cute together (Karolina's rainbow flight stream vs. MAC's star spangled flyt stream -- they'd made such pretty pictures in the sky, it would be like Eva & Wall.E)
    MAC is destined to find love with Xavin.
    TRUST.

I didn't love it... BUT... seeing it coloured, it defintely is better than just inked. I'm good with it... plus Noh-var in underwear, what's not to love? Also, LOVING seeing Teddy, Prodigy and Noh-var (or Speed?) fighting together. I assume Wiccan is kidnapped by the Hood?
    Nope. Noh-Var assembles David and Teddy for his own reasons -- likely tied to his creepy dominatrixy Ex.

I love Wiccan, but writers make him out like the Scarlet Witch. Hulkling is my favorite and I LOVED the twist with Prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I think Mercury can be added to that list as well - at the very least as unconfirmed. She and Bling are dating, after all, even though it seems to be happening off panel.
    EXCELLENT point, yes I will add her now.

I've read few Daken issue. Is it just me or he's often topless and showing his tattoo? Even many fan artist draw him half naked.
    And we love him for it!!! Though the best scene of his was post shirtlessness...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I MUST commend Peter David on his remarkable, and entirely unexpected, handling of Shatterstar. I never, in my wildest dreams, would have ever fathomed appreciating --let alone LIKING-- that ridiculous, pony-tailed, He-Man-reject from the 90's. But Peter David scooped him up from character Limbo, gave him a unique voice, expanded on the long abandoned speculations of his relationship with Rictor, and WON. ME. OVER.

So hats off to both Peter David and Shatterstar for doing the impossible.

I think his Shatterstar was as good as his current Gambit (which is AMAZING!). David does have such a skill to take unused or unloved characters and making them awesome. Wish I was reading the current series still, but I dropped it after 4 (some great cast members and a fantastic premise, but it just doesn't grab me in the excussion in the details... and the cast, is not as diverse as I like comics, if I'm being honest). Out Doug and include that new black female, and I'll give it another shot. But the overall problem of not writing action well (which is the main reason I dropped it) I don't think will change.

And double kudos to whomever redesigned Shatterstar, making him leagues cooler looking than his previous design.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

artist: Arzeno (via deviantart)
    I love this picture. I love it so much I'll put it in the OP!

Since I can only chose one of those listed, I refuse to vote. But of them are:

Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Daken
    Mystique
    Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Since I can only chose one of those listed, I refuse to vote. But of them are:
    Oh Greg, apologies, but you know all my polls are single choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I love so many of the characters in the poll.
    Ditto!

I did vote for Billy though, because he's my favorite character all around. But I really wanted to vote for Anole and Teddy as well. And Cullan actually.
    Wonderful characters all.

And Phyla, but she wasn't on the list.
    Apologies; it was purely (based off the last vote) Phylla got 1, Moondragon got 2, so I put her in (had to have one of them, they are (arguably) the most famous lesbian couple of comics.

Like I said, I love most of Marvel's LGBT characters. Most of them are just so fun and interesting.
    Again, agreed. I have wondered why, and truthfully the answer is they are all not A-listers (maybe Mystique is, actually); and I nearly always gravitate to non-A-listers. My favourite teams are the Young Avengers, Thunderbolts, Runaways and X-men; all underdogs. I love the underdog, the perfect perfect Avengers hold zero interest for me (which is why my favourite Avengers team was Dark Avengers).

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Fave.

artist: Russel Dauterman
    These are STUNNING! That Wiccan one especially is beautiful. See people, capes are cool: FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I love Wiccan, but writers make him out like the Scarlet Witch.
    She is his mother, it's a fair comparison. Though with Wiccan being the Demiurge, his destiny has probably surpassed his mother now.

MAC is destined to find love with Xavin.
    TRUST.
    Hmmmmm... I don't hate the idea BUT... I'm still in the grey area about Xavin being LGBT. I feel he (and I call him he) never truly confronted his trans situation.

Nope. Noh-Var assembles David and Teddy for his own reasons -- likely tied to his creepy dominatrixy Ex.
    Ohhhhhh, EXCITING!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-29-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Xavin's sexual identity is... fluid.. for lack of a better term. I mean, like he/she said, changing gender is like changing hair color. Its just window dressing. Love is Love is Love.
    Heck, if you think about it I don't know if physical attraction even plays a factor among the Skrull race, given their shape changing capability.

Xavin presented his/herself to Earth in male form -- possibly due to presumed social norms of Earth history regarding sexual orientation, or what he believed/was told would be acceptable.
    And upon learning Karolina's preferences, Xavin's appearance changed. I imagine, in Skrull society, its no different than a boyfriend or girlfriend wearing a "favorite outfit" of their significant other, y'know? "You like me in this? Well that's what I'll do then."

Just my 2 cents on the Xavin/gender/sexual identity topic.

Xavin's sexual identity is... fluid.. for lack of a better term. I mean, like he/she said, changing gender is like changing hair color. Its just window dressing. Love is Love is Love.
    Heck, if you think about it I don't know if physical attraction even plays a factor among the Skrull race, given their shape changing capability.

Xavin presented his/herself to Earth in male form -- possibly due to presumed social norms of Earth history regarding sexual orientation, or what he believed/was told would be acceptable.
    And upon learning Karolina's preferences, Xavin's appearance changed. I imagine, in Skrull society, its no different than a boyfriend or girlfriend wearing a "favorite outfit" of their significant other, y'know? "You like me in this? Well that's what I'll do then."

Just my 2 cents on the Xavin/gender/sexual identity topic.
    Interesting, see I was looking at it from the OTHER person's perspective. Xavin doesn't identify as female (as you say, it's like window dressing) and therefore the person he's with (if they are a lesbian) isn't really with a lesbian (because gender is fluid to Xavin). Love isn't just about surface level, and would a lesbian want to be with someone who isn't a lesbian? If that makes sense?

I appreciate what BKV was trying to do, but ultimately we need a trans hero, NOT a shapeshifter.

Interesting, see I was looking at it from the OTHER person's perspective. Xavin doesn't identify as female (as you say, it's like window dressing) and therefore the person he's with (if they are a lesbian) isn't really with a lesbian (because gender is fluid to Xavin). Love isn't just about surface level, and would a lesbian want to be with someone who isn't a lesbian? If that makes sense?

I appreciate what BKV was trying to do, but ultimately we need a trans hero, NOT a shapeshifter.

Oooooh, I didn't realize the issue was with Xavin being labeled as TRANS.
    Got it. My mistake. I don't see her as TRANS either. My bad. My blunders.

Although I don't agree that a lesbian wouldn't want to be with someone who isn't a lesbian. People crush on people all the time that aren't the same as them. Gay dudes crush on straight dudes. Lesbians crush on brunettes who are actually blondes. And then there's bisexuals and transgender. Not all bisexuals fall for other bisexuals, etc etc.
    Karolina is certainly more open minded in that regard.

They should just out Anya Corazón and pair her with America... it wouldn't be the first time she expresses interests in patriotic women from other universes...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

And double kudos to whomever redesigned Shatterstar, making him leagues cooler looking than his previous design.
    Don't tell Liefeld that...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Love this image.