Page 5 of 272 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yeah he sent him back to his mum. Actually he accepted him then rejected him after he tried to kill Tim and when Bruce discovered Damian was sent there to mess up his plans.

Bruce is a contradiction with how easily he accepted Damian and even with Talia because this was when we were still working with the Damian is a rape baby origin.
    I would say it's complicated, because Bruce sent Damian back to Talia after Damian killed someone and attacked Tim.

In fact, Bruce seemed to do this, so that Talia and Damian could escape.

However, the fact that Bruce lost contact with Damian after that event seems to be due to external things (like the explosion of the ship)
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-03-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I would say it's complicated, because Bruce sent Damian back to Talia after Damian killed someone and attacked Tim.

However, the fact that Bruce lost contact with Damian after that event seems to be due to external things (like the explosion of the ship)
    He didn't seem to show much resistance when he returned and saw Damian as Robin rather he was complimenting the new Dynamic duo at the end of the night.

However Tomasi representation still rings true to me. Bruce and Damian didn't know each other. bruce hasn't got the temperament required to handle a delicate situation like Damian, insecure kids who need reassurance and patience more than most. There's a reason why Richard was the Batman for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am really dissapointed Damian is dead in injustice vs masters of universe.. Fortunatelly, his murderer WW is dead too.
    How did she die?

I remember when this came out and so many fans were mad because they misunderstood what this was about. Damian acts all superior like he is above the other Robins but this challenge was about him seeking acceptance. He wanted their acceptance and was trying to gain it the only way he knew how.

By proving himself.
    Which he did. Though it turned out he never had anything to prove [at least not to Dick or Jason]

I always felt this was Tomasi getting meta because at the time and even now you hear some fans saying that Damian isn't worthy of Robin. A statement which shows how little some fans get about Robin.
    Noone has to prove they are worthy of Robin because Robin is a mantle created by Dick to help young boys. You don't need to be worthy to be saved.

Tim had to work for Robin in the old continuity because Tim wasn't a boy in need. So his inclusion had to be justified.
    I don't think most Robins believe the mantle has to to earned. Only a certain sub section likes to make that claim or say someone isn't worthy.

As a father Tomasi's B&R has a special place in my heart.

@ Babybats did you read Orlando's The Shadow/Batman? There Damian jokes to Bruce that he's not one his chums. It's actually a really great mini.

i would love a Supersons arc where they met those guys. The chum batman and the Superdickeryman
    That would make an interesting Supersons arc. Or them meeting the old Supersons

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That would make an interesting Supersons arc. Or them meeting the old Supersons
    I saw fan art of that recently. Damian would also be surprised with a batman that kills and wears a cloth mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He didn't seem to show much resistance when he returned and saw Damian as Robin rather he was complimenting the new Dynamic duo at the end of the night.

However Tomasi representation still rings true to me. Bruce and Damian didn't know each other. bruce hasn't got the temperament required to handle a delicate situation like Damian, insecure kids who need reassurance and patience more than most. There's a reason why Richard was the Batman for the job.
    I think Bruce could have gone after Damian and Talia (he's Batman, he could've found them), but chose to let them go. The fact that he was willing to allow his child back into the hands of the people who turned said child into a killer says a lot.

Then when he comes back from the dead, he kinda wipes his hands of him, leaving him entirely to Dick. It's like, Bruce never expected that Damian could be reformed so he didn't even try, then saw someone else did his job better and left him to it. So yeah, it's definitely complicated. And may be too callous for Bruce, but I found it interesting.

Though Morrison also had Bruce call Damian a mistake and fire him from being Robin, which, post-Tomasi-B&R, felt OOC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I can't fault Synder. For someone who wasn't a fan he did give us some good Damian.
    I forever wish he'd included Damian more because I love how Capullo draws him.

Look at his smushed face!

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    How did she die?
    One of He-Man's allies (I can never remember their names outside of He-Man himself) got her with a sword. Warrior woman against warrior woman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Baby's first bat glare and baptism of blood.

5d501a48635a7e382456be7ea786f41e._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Gosh dang, Damian. Chill.
    You too, Talia.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Baby's first bat glare and baptism of blood.

5d501a48635a7e382456be7ea786f41e._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Gosh dang, Damian. Chill.
    You too, Talia.
    Jeez what a way to start. This is so messed up. I like Damian's eyes here

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One of He-Man's allies (I can never remember their names outside of He-Man himself) got her with a sword. Warrior woman against warrior woman.
    Sadly, she actually didn't die. it's implied she was sent to the Phantom Zone to be saved; that's how Injustice Supergirl got out.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Sadly, she actually didn't die. it's implied she was sent to the Phantom Zone to be saved; that's how Injustice Supergirl got out.
    With the things she's done I would rather she die but she is part of the trinity so I guess we need her alive when the dust settles. Also it would have been wrong to have a character fro another series end her.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I forever wish he'd included Damian more because I love how Capullo draws him.

Look at his smushed face!
    One of my favourite hugs. The relief on their faces.

R is for Radical by Dustin Nguyen