Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Defeated? Do you mean the New 52 issue where she spread the curse? She didn't defeat him. Matter of fact, she has proved how weak she is many times.
    Barbara Minerva has proven how weak she is, and therefore she should get replaced by Priscilla Rich, who is even weaker by default?

And there's no way to make Barbara Minnerva look cool. She's always gonna look like a woman that got turned into a cat in a laboratory. She's should be a Spider-man villain (like Lizard, Rhino, Green Goblin, Vulture), not the villain of the most fascinating character in comics, Wonder Woman
    The divinely empowered speedster who could slaughter Spider-Man and basically all his villains put together at the same time if she is properly written and as far away from the Bat-family as possible, should be a Spider-Man villain, but the regular criminal in a costume who never got properly modernized should be a Wonder Woman villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    We get it. Cheetah's a weaklink and DC hates Wonder Woman. You don't need to post the same thing over and over.
    It seems warranted, if even Alpha talks about how weak Barbara Minerva is, and that she should be a Spider-Man villain.

I love Minerva, Domaine, Rich, and even Ballesteros, but it definitely makes no sense to have a normal human woman in a cheetah print costume be the arch-enemy of Wonder Woman, unless said normal woman gets a god-level power upgrade or somehow becomes a Luthor-level billionaire/genius/untouchable-foe-that-almost-always-wins Mary Sue. Based on established history, only Minerva and Ballesteros could take on Diana (if written properly).

Having said that, I would love for Rich and/or Domaine to be brought into modern WW continuity; they have so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Still happenbed to a WW that was having trouble with poison ivy. Not impressive.
    LOL that's a weird logic. Poison Ivy is a powerful villain that has handled Superman many times

And funny how your other example is brave and the bold cartoon. Minerva has done better in the super hero girls show.
    Better than easily beating Superman? Like what?

On top of beating Flash,
    not impressive. A man with an ice gun has done the same. As has a man with a boomerang.

WW more than once
    More than once? 3 times at most. Barbara is a weak opponent and Diana has no reason to be scared of her, and almost never is. Barbara can'tbeat Diana. She only got the upoerhand in their first encounter in the Perez run
    In their second encounter Diana was poisoned and still whooped Cheetah's ass. Ad every time since the same thing has happened, except maybe when she was powered up by Zoom.

, Infecting Superman[/quote]
    That's not beating Superman at all

Fighting the JL by herself
    Yup she did that once during the new 52, qnd it wasn't a show of strength, just speed. She didn't beat any of them, just ran and sliced. Liked a catm Weak as hell
    Killing The Goddess Of Love, enslaving Poseidon, Killing
    with a magic sword. She needed a magic sword to do those things)
    Sebastian, the same one that defeated Superman
    So?

A feline beast empowered by a God, is a far better villain for a character like WW, than a crazy lady in a costume.
    You mean a cat lady? A humanoid kittycat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    The divinely empowered speedster who could slaughter Spider-Man and basically all his villains put together at the same time if she is properly written and as far away from the Bat-family as possible, should be a Spider-Man villain, but the regular criminal in a costume who never got properly modernized should be a Wonder Woman villain?
    Spider-man who would Cheetah's ass no trouble. He already has a Lion in his rogue gallery( kraven), he doesn't need a kittycat.

Ladies please put the nails away, this is getting sad.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Nuh uh, my dad can beat up your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nuh uh, my dad can beat up your dad.
    I think this is more of a stepmom vs stepmom situation tbh.

Poor Deborah and Sebastian are missing out on all this Cheetah validation and/or vitriol!

(I’m also realizing that all Cheetah’s must have a three-syllable forename. And yes, I pronounce it BAR-bah-ra and de-BOHR-a.)

The Golden Age Cheetah was pretty poggers, she was a Batman villain before that formula was hashed out. In those stories though she wasn't a superfast, superpower character , which I do think is a broader problem in the modern superhero genre. There is a popular show I got into last year called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and most of the villains of that show aren't OP "I'm more powerful than you by 10 thousand points!" They are very reminiscent of golden and silver age villains that tend to use tricks to overcome superheroes.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

F*** it, I'll play along a bit.

Alpha's idea of Rich being a sort of psychopathic mystical animal hunter that uses the skin of magical animals to get power is really cool. I'll admit it. But it's not Cheetah. It's a revamp and redesign of a previous incarnation of the Cheetah that is drastically different. It is a whole new character and should be treated as such. I would argue that Alpha should focus on this being a new villain idea rather than trying to take Barbara and drag her for reasons solely because of poor writing, editorial shenanigans, and a clear distain for anything Wonder Mythos related on DC's part.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    F*** it, I'll play along a bit.

Alpha's idea of Rich being a sort of psychopathic mystical animal hunter that uses the skin of magical animals to get power is really cool. I'll admit it. But it's not Cheetah. It's a revamp and redesign of a previous incarnation of the Cheetah that is drastically different. It is a whole new character and should be treated as such. I would argue that Alpha should focus on this being a new villain idea rather than trying to take Barbara and drag her for reasons solely because of poor writing, editorial shenanigans, and a clear distain for anything Wonder Mythos related on DC's part.
    Wait, is this from the new Wonder Woman run?

Also, she oughta go by the name "Chimerah" instead of Cheetah
    I like this name.

I've stated many times that a revamped Priscilla Rich is much more interesting than Barbara Minnerva.

But I would abandon the friendemy plot. Never liked that and it's ridiculous for Diana to still arbor any positive feelings for someone that desires intense pain, humiliation and desperation unto others.

Priscilla Rich should be like Marla from Fight Club. Apathetic, unsatisfied with life, bitter and nauseous.

And then when she puts on the skin of the dead mythicals beasts she slaughtered, she gets that "high" of vicious power and pleasure of violence.

I like this idea a lot, but it shouldn't be a replacement for Barbara, just a new/revamped villain. There is no need to remove Barbara because you don't like her, which really means you don't like how DC treats/handles her, let's be real here. You've taken Priscilla and reworked her entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No, it's from Alpha's idea for a Prisilla revamp above.

The new WW run is boring AF right now, idk what they're doing with Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No it's a fanfic idea I've been working on

No it's a fanfic idea I've been working on
    To bad, I got excited for a bit. I do think the character needs a bit of an overhaul.

BANNED

Spider-man who would Cheetah's ass no trouble. He already has a Lion in his rogue gallery( kraven), he doesn't need a kittycat.
    No im a huge spidey fan, spidey and his villians would die to any of wondys foes, kraven isnt on Barbs level in any way.