Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I never argued Wonder Woman wouldn't beat Spider-man easily. Spider-man can't fight Superman, so he certainly can't beat Wonder Woman. What I've argued is that superheroes lifting planets is silver age nonsense.

What do you think divinely empowered means? You do realize Moon Knight is divinely empowered right? Divine Empowerment isn't a power level. It's a power source. Barbara has never been on the top of Diana's hit list. She has never been one of the villains that Diana fears. She isn't Diana's equal at all.
    WW can't fight superman either. Getting overpowered by him. And one or two shotted by him in most battles doesn't mean she can fight him. It means she is totally outclassed by him. and her skills don't make a difference at all. So in that sense, spiderman can fight superman too.

None of what you said makes priscilla a better villain for WW. Since she is even less of a physical threat to WW than Barbra. Barbra not only matched WW in Perez run first battle. She overpowered WW in WW anual 1995. And even if she was only equal in strength to early Post Crisis WW, that already makes Cheetah stronger than spiderman anyway. And she doesn't even need to be on par with WW in strength to beat spiderman. Because unlike the likes of Rihno, Cheetah has super speed. Greater super speed than spiderman by a very good margin. Also zoom never gave her any amp. He taught her how to use her own power by helping her to remove her mental block. He literally said her speed being based on magic, has no limit to how much it can grow. Cheetah's speed was still being compared to WW and even Flash in the next runs of post Crisis and new 52 as well. So super strength aside. A properly writen Cheetah should be too fast for spiderman to handle. If she can blitz WW, Superman, move behind Supergirl without Supergirl noticing her, tag Flash etc. Then She can cut spiderman to pieces before he could react. Unless you have pis writin taking away her super speed completely. This is the same way that characters like Flash can be a threat to the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman, without having their physical stats. And even if Cheetah can survive just a couple of blows from a serious WW, that is more than enough to take hits from a far weaker opponent like spiderman.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 10-12-2022 at 08:43 PM.

All-New Member

I would like to see Cheetah forcibly rehabilitated, to the point where she becomes a Vegeta-esque anti-hero and sometimes partner to Wondy's naive Goku. How? By Diana somehow forcing amazon codes onto her via a set of bracers like her own. Every time Cheets gets uppity, pain via the bracers. Also, completing the rehabilitation makes Cheetah an official amazon, and the bracelets provide clarity of mind to overcome Cheetah's dark urges. But whatever...Cheetah was never anyone's favorite character at DC except maybe Sharpe. They're just content to keep her around as a moustache-twirling baddie, no personal growth. Just "Nya-ha-ha, I was faking each and every time!". And now she's back to step 1 as of the latest Wonder Woman issue. She showed more promise for redemption with Sharpe's redesign. Shame they're just throwing that, and a superior design, away.

I am really, REALLY hoping that editor Brittany Holzherr keeps Cheetah off the table, as a villain option, going forward.

I hope she forces writers to create some better villains, ..instead of rehabbing old rogues. We've been stuck, with Cheetah as the go-to archenemy, since SUPER FRIENDS, ..only because Catwoman was unavailable for use, at the time. Cheetah in WW84 was the end of the line for me...bus parked. Now, a historically weak archenemy is poised to become the most fascinating, complex supporting character and friend, Wonder Woman has ever had.

I've been rallying for Mala, Dr. Julia or [Yawn.] Helena Sandsmark to be added to the cast. Honestly, all those picks seem tame, gutless and boring, by comparison.

Let's see what happens, kangaliers.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-25-2022 at 03:16 PM. Reason: graphics
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I am really, REALLY hoping that editor Brittany Holzherr keeps Cheetah off the table, as a villain option, going forward.

I hope she forces writers to create some better villains, ..instead of rehabbing old rogues. We've been stuck, with Cheetah as the go-to archenemy, since SUPER FRIENDS, ..only because Catwoman was unavailable for use, at the time. Cheetah in WW84 was the end of the line for me...bus parked. Now, a historically weak archenemy is poised to become the most fascinating, complex supporting character and friend, Wonder Woman has ever had.

I've been rallying for Mala, Dr. Julia or [Yawn.] Helena Sandsmark to be added to the cast. Honestly, all those picks seem tame, gutless and boring, by comparison.

Let's see what happens, kangaliers.

The whole sacrificing and murdering people thing just goes right out the window, doesn't it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Every time I see people mention Mala I'm like: "yes, but why a Kryptonian?" :P

'cause there was a Kryptonian named Mala in DCAU. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAu2Z3NYDcI

Having her as a recurring character in a WW book might be fun though.