Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is completely wrong you can't simply choose yourself as regent to be a entire solar system regent. That is completely nosense
    Yeah I agree with you. Storm was just my own personal favorite, though I would still see it as wrong
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Bahahahaha WHAT?!? So we can accept that Storm can control all manner of weather with her mind and Magneto can make himself fly because of... magnetism but now the laws of physics are relevant.
    Magneto flying on space or Storm manipulating weather won't create a major mess with solar system.

Mighty Member

This whole back and forth is really silly considering pretty much all of this is only going to matter in Ewing books.

Like this argument over "king of the solar system" and all that nonsense and it's like you won't even hear a word about it unless you're up in the space books where being the ruler of a back water solar system means precisely jack and ****.

I’m hoping for some exciting news re: SWORD’s future direction with adult Cable back now and Storm possibly joining the team in space soon. Fingers crossed...

Mighty Member

Like all this back and forth about political implications

mutants being so cool

Power plays.

And all I got from that was "Oh, so they're dumping Arrako in Ewing's lap cause they can't be bothered to care about them."

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    This whole back and forth is really silly considering pretty much all of this is only going to matter in Ewing books.

Like this argument over "king of the solar system" and all that nonsense and it's like you won't even hear a word about it unless you're up in the space books where being the ruler of a back water solar system means precisely jack and ****.
    A regent by definition is a person who rules/speaks in place of an absent monarch. So who is the monarch in this situation?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

mutants being so cool

Power plays.

And all I got from that was "Oh, so they're dumping Arrako in Ewing's lap cause they can't be bothered to care about them."
    Eh, given that Ewing was the only one to formally use any of them anyway with replacing Cortez with one of them, seems like at least a reasonably good idea. And given that he’s basically the guy doing cosmic Marvel right now, I’m sure he can give them something to do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m hoping for some exciting news re: SWORD’s future direction with adult Cable back now and Storm possibly joining the team in space soon. Fingers crossed...
    is he actually coming back? i remember hearing that the one shot didn't necessarily mean that. it might just be set in the future.

mutants being so cool

Power plays.

Ewing has many books, but he already has a bloated cast of many characters. They gona be canon fodder sooner

I dunno why you responded with an in universe panel for an out of universe observation.

Everything is big and important 'in universe.'
    Because you stated that nothing will be done with this new development, and I'm saying based on what we've seen it feels very significant to me and won't simply be discarded. That is my out of universe observation.

"And dressing it up as much as they want isn't going to change that." And I disagree, no biggie.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    is he actually coming back? i remember hearing that the one shot didn't necessarily mean that. it might just be set in the future.
    It’s set in the here and now I believe, and part of The Last Annihilation event. I think the article that came out was just trying to not spoil the end of Gerry Duggan and Phil Noto’s Cable series, since the final two issues are very behind schedule. So Marvel basically said, “But this doesn’t necessarily mean that you should skip Cable #11 and 12.” Even though you can. Because the real deal is back now. Thank God.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Eh, given that Ewing was the only one to formally use any of them anyway with replacing Cortez with one of them, seems like at least a reasonably good idea. And given that he’s basically the guy doing cosmic Marvel right now, I’m sure he can give them something to do.
    That's exactly why I think they did it. But it also underscores a problem I have with this era where they introduce kinda interesting things and just have them sit there and make you go "look, there it is... being unimportant."

Like it makes things like Arrako feel wholly superfluous and tells me it's not gonna last no way, no how. It's like a lot of Hickmanisms. Like Ex Nihilio and The Builders where people only remember them when they read the run and go "oh yeah, those were a thing weren't they."

I feel the same way about Arrako.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Because you stated that nothing will be done with this new development, and I'm saying based on what we've seen it feels very significant to me and won't simply be discarded. That is my out of universe observation.

"And dressing it up as much as they want isn't going to change that." And I disagree, no biggie.
    I mean, I can just point to the end of X of Swords and how the arrival of Arrako on Krakoa and Isca's conversation with magneto and Charles felt like big things... and they then proceeded to do nothing with Arrako for almost an entire year.

And the first big thing they do do with them... is kick them off the god damn planet.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

mutants being so cool

Power plays.

Essentially yes. Which is such a weird capstone to an event that was primarily meant to be a transition between Hickmans run and Duggans that the big centerpiece is...Sword? And not the X-Men?

I mean, I can just point to the end of X of Swords and how the arrival of Arrako on Krakoa and Isca's conversation with magneto and Charles felt like big things... and they then proceeded to do nothing with Arrako for almost an entire year.

And the first big thing they do do with them... is kick them off the god damn planet.
    I actually agree because I would have liked to see a lot more of Arrako and its people since X of Swords ended. So I'm hoping the inclusion of the diplomatic ring and the commotion it's causing will give them the chance to be utilized well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!