Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Didn't Marvel already suggest this tons?

https://media.giphy.com/media/zOtWZcIRx8qPe/source.gif

They should be imo have the genetics

They need to be clear about what they mean by unlimited potential. If their definition really means unlimited, then we'll never see any of the omegas operating at full capacity.

Extraordinary Member

The current definition does not mean unlimited potential or power. If anything it limits the omegas in a way no previous definition has done. All it means is that they are at the theoretical limit of what one individual with their powerset can achieve so no one can surpass them at that without some sort of outside help. So Jean and Quentin are at the limit of what a single telepath can do. Emma and Rachel cannot surpass that on their own, but maybe if their powers were boosted by the Cukoos or the Phoenix they could surpass them, but that wouldn't count since it involves an outside source instead of coming from within.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Since it is very clear that Storm, Iceman, Jean, Magneto were not Omega-level powerful upon manifestation and "grew" into their powers over time and with experience to the levels they're at now...that same potential can be attributed to Rachel and Lorna and any other mutant really, whose powers don't have quantifiable upper limits of application.

Take Nature Girl.

Currently she's not an Omega but given the scope of her powers she has the potential to be an Elemental Omega equal to Storm and Iceman.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Since it is very clear that Storm, Iceman, Jean, Magneto were not Omega-level powerful upon manifestation and "grew" into their powers over time and with experience to the levels they're at now...that same potential can be attributed to Rachel and Lorna and any other mutant really, whose powers don't have quantifiable upper limits of application.

Take Nature Girl.

Currently she's not an Omega but given the scope of her powers she has the potential to be an Elemental Omega equal to Storm and Iceman.
    I would put Magma on that potential list as well. If she was more popular she could be a total force. She could be to the earth as Storm is to the sky. If only she was rendered like she was intended instead of a Human Torch redux.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Magma should be able to do with earth and magma what Iceman does with ice.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yupp. Magma should be able to do with earth and magma what Iceman does with ice.
    Maybe she'll become sentient magma like he's sentient ice. I think that if X-treme X-Men continued, Claremont would have developed her more and more.

Since it is very clear that Storm, Iceman, Jean, Magneto were not Omega-level powerful upon manifestation and "grew" into their powers over time and with experience to the levels they're at now
    But they were...because it's a designation of potential/undefined upper limits...not just a measure of current capability

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised Mikhail Rasputin isn’t considered Omega Level.

His reality warping powers seems like it would make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Theres already 3 different reality warpers. Mikhail doesnt do anything that they cant do better

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I would put Magma on that potential list as well. If she was more popular she could be a total force. She could be to the earth as Storm is to the sky. If only she was rendered like she was intended instead of a Human Torch redux.
    She's been shown holding a planet together while a fully-grown technarch was attempting to rip it apart. Before that she created a mountain range over the whole of Manhattan. But yeah, she's never been all that popular. She has been shown to use pools of molten magma to heal herself when injured. That's something that could be expanded upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

He is alpha, his warping is much more contained and limited in scope, his power usage tends to be more sober, spatial warps, occasional molecular alterations and energy blasts
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-21-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I really hate this “Omega Level” b.s. That said, Rachel should be considered Omega, IMO, and always should have been. She’s basically the only mutant shown who can harness the Phoenix Force without it corrupting, harming or destroying her. Basically, she ought to be considered as Omega as it gets. She is thoroughly a bad@$$.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Maybe she'll become sentient magma like he's sentient ice. I think that if X-treme X-Men continued, Claremont would have developed her more and more.
    If Bobby is sentient ice wouldn't that mean Piotr is sentient steel and Amara is sentient magma?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    She's been shown holding a planet together while a fully-grown technarch was attempting to rip it apart. Before that she created a mountain range over the whole of Manhattan. But yeah, she's never been all that popular. She has been shown to use pools of molten magma to heal herself when injured. That's something that could be expanded upon.
    I don't recall that particular power stunt... Can you provided said title and issue?
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-21-2021 at 11:50 AM.