Page 496 of 613 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    adequately chastised? Dude is a king and leader of the Avengers. Maybe he had **** to do lol.
    And thats the problem. Well ol girl had **** to do too. She didn't blame him she got what she wanted and refused to wait. Those the breaks when everybody got **** to do and choices to make.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thats why anyone saying this is a good look for storm would be hypocritical to me. I'm not sure what the last part has to do with anything though.
    To me it was a good look but i can see how to others it wasn't. Dude should have answered, i mean i can admit he prob would have but in the story he didn't/ No one told her exactly when tchalla would be back only that it would be days. imo they were testing her loyalty and you don't test Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'd be disappointed if the next BP was foolish enough to follow up on anything that happened in this issue. No moping, no revolts, no wars. Let the past die and bring back Nakia and I'll be happy with both franchises.
    I would be happy with this honestly and strip everything that coates did too. Bring forth Lightning Lass, mammie of the Xmen!!! The fans have spoken!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Any good Twitter feeds talking about this?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To me it was a good look but i can see how to others it wasn't. Dude should have answered, i mean i can admit he prob would have but in the story he didn't/ No one told her exactly when tchalla would be back only that it would be days. imo they were testing her loyalty and you don't test Storm.
    but that is the problem! people are saying that tchalla should have done this OR storm should have done that. the writers wrote this story purposefully with the intent on creating division. for four years ororo has been working with the wakanda without issue helping them fight threats from space and on earth, but yet now all the sudden they can't get in contact with one another? storm can't wait a day or hell a few hours to see if tchalla can return? this whole conflict was contrived and created with the sole purpose of erasing her ties to wakanda. anything else I think is nit really relevant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

but that is the problem! people are saying that tchalla should have done this OR storm should have done that. the writers wrote this story purposefully with the intent on creating division. for four years ororo has been working with the wakanda without issue helping them fight threats from space and on earth, but yet now all the sudden they can't get in contact with one another? storm can't wait a day or hell a few hours to see if tchalla can return? this whole conflict was contrived and created with the sole purpose of erasing her ties to wakanda. anything else I think is nit really relevant.
    I agree. At the end of the day if Storm is wakanda goddess as i've already said why didn't shuri and the Queen mother just give her the sword unless they were purposefully trying to test Ororo alliegance. IN my opinion it reads two ways and the one i lean to more with the dialogue from Shur, Queen Ramona, and BP is that BP would have given her the sword but they were testing her alliegance. if it came down to it they were all talking about their people and thei responsibilities and why they had to wait. and i got it all but it would have frustrated me too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I agree. At the end of the day if Storm is wakanda goddess as i've already said why didn't shuri and the Queen mother just give her the sword unless they were purposefully trying to test Ororo alliegance. IN my opinion it reads two ways and the one i lean to more with the dialogue from Shur, Queen Ramona, and BP is that BP would have given her the sword but they were testing her alliegance. if it came down to it they were all talking about their people and thei responsibilities and why they had to wait. and i got it all but it would have frustrated me too.
    baby yes? they had to create some melodramatic conflict to make this story "work". that is the bottom of the line. as I mentioned the only way I think this story would be good would be if you haven't read coates' work, didn't like his work, and/or don't like bp and storm together. but just my opinion maybe there outliers to this conclusion lol

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Yes to all of this. I don't subscribe to the idea that you have to destroy to build. Not that I can see, right now, how this action builds Ororo's character. I mean, she was so freaking extreme in her actions--and self-righteous. And nothing in how Wakanda and the royal family has been written with Ororo would justify this story at all. I think anyone who has actually read Coates's run can see how this does not align with his depictions. All of a sudden T'Challa decides to bail on Ororo, and in her time of need at that, is just insulting to both characters.

But again, the agenda was to break the T'Challa/Wakanda and Ororo link, so story and character alignment goes out the window. Clearly, so too does logic.

This issue was a COMPLETE BULLSH*T!

I really hope that the X-Office stops writing Storm, after all this pointless, out of character, unbelievable behaviour of Storm! I am damn sure that this is all X-Offices Editors... I hope they get tons of negative feedback for what they did on Twitter and all social media.

This was completely broken, out of any other events and hell why Storm issue was just one while Wolverine got WHOLE 2 issues getting his Sword! And WTF? Storm being impatient?! Are you f*cking kidding me? This is so out of character for Storm. I do not blame the writer, she did the best she could with what she was given, but man, do I hate X-Office even more. They keep p*ssing and sh*tting on top of one of their greatest characters and for what? For some drama? Pleaseeee give me break... like seriously. Storm fans, true Storm fans DO NOT appreciate how they are handling her in this issue.

And oh man, why is the whole hate from the BP community? Are they really so happy that Storm and BP ended their relationship once more? It is complete b*llshit.

Even though things are 50/50 right now, I do believe that they are like 60/40 aiming to break Storm ties outside of the X-Office, which is complete b*llshit!

4 years... completely gone, because X-Editors and X-Writers, couldn't handle one simple relationship? Man, I am surprised that they are still working at the X-Offices they shame themselves and how bad they force writers to write something which is unnatural and so out of character for one of the most famous characters out there.

I really do hope that Marvel will change the Editors and the X-Office CEO and replace them with people who actually know how to edit and write stories...

Man so pissed off.

I think that's the problem, why did it have to be written this way?

Why couldn't it been a story where Storm and Shuri teamed up to get a sword from Niganda, Azania or some other country.

Why ass pull a sword created in Wakandan over millennia ago long before this isht came up that Storm needs all of a sudden.

Why put Storm at odds with Wakandans again.

Would Storm and Shuri working together to retrieve a sword from somewhere else been a less compelling story? I think there were better alternatives but this is what they chose to go with. it's done and over with, nothing left to do but move on in different directions.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

I really hope that the X-Office stops writing Storm, after all this pointless, out of character, unbelievable behaviour of Storm! I am damn sure that this is all X-Offices Editors... I hope they get tons of negative feedback for what they did on Twitter and all social media.

This was completely broken, out of any other events and hell why Storm issue was just one while Wolverine got WHOLE 2 issues getting his Sword! And WTF? Storm being impatient?! Are you f*cking kidding me? This is so out of character for Storm. I do not blame the writer, she did the best she could with what she was given, but man, do I hate X-Office even more. They keep p*ssing and sh*tting on top of one of their greatest characters and for what? For some drama? Pleaseeee give me break... like seriously. Storm fans, true Storm fans DO NOT appreciate how they are handling her in this issue.

And oh man, why is the whole hate from the BP community? Are they really so happy that Storm and BP ended their relationship once more? It is complete b*llshit.

Even though things are 50/50 right now, I do believe that they are like 60/40 aiming to break Storm ties outside of the X-Office, which is complete b*llshit!

4 years... completely gone, because X-Editors and X-Writers, couldn't handle one simple relationship? Man, I am surprised that they are still working at the X-Offices they shame themselves and how bad they force writers to write something which is unnatural and so out of character for one of the most famous characters out there.

I really do hope that Marvel will change the Editors and the X-Office CEO and replace them with people who actually know how to edit and write stories...

Man so pissed off.
    Welcome to the club. It's a sad club to join, though. Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post

Man so pissed off.
    For years, there were alot of BP fans who supported and fought for the marriage. Then came AvX and all kinds of bad isht was happening. BP fans gave up on it, stopped defending it and washed their hands. The X-offices got Storm back like they wanted and BP fans moved on.

Then Coates comes back stirring things up again, getting people excited. Again, alot of BP fans didn't want this to happen because of what the X-offices have done in the past. We knew that it wasn't going to last and that BP would get dumped on. People said we were wrong, it would last, they were in love, commited, etc.

4 years later here we are. You didn't need to be a prophet to see what was coming.

I think this is the longest streak of posts i've ever agreed with you this much lol

This issue was conceptually dumb. They created a whole backstory JUST to cause division. Conveniently it is a sword ONLY t'challa can have. Conveniently he isn't there. Conveniently, no one tells storm where he is or when he will be back. Conveniently, he just happens to get back just at the right time to create the maximum amount of division.

There are only like 5 popular black characters at marvel and for a black queer woman (again, what is the deal here? Roxanne **** on Tchalla too?) to cause strife between two of them just because is so disheartening. POC always said we need POC on books to stop **** like this from happening... guess that was a lie
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-07-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Why couldn't it been a story where Storm and Shuri teamed up to get a sword from Niganda, Azania or some other country.

Why ass pull a sword created in Wakandan over millennia ago long before this isht came up that Storm needs all of a sudden.

Would Storm and Shuri working together to retrieve a sword from somewhere else been a less compelling story? I think there were better alternatives but this is what they chose to go with. it's done and over with, nothing left to do but move on in different directions.
    I mean i agree. It really didn't have to be written this way. This is a clear case where i can absolutely see where people are coming from. IT did not have to be written this way. The first scene could have been answering the call and just giving Storm the blade.

Vita is also VERY aware of Coates run as Vita wrote the Shuri Solo in which i read every issue and Vita in that explored Storms godhead with no faith instead she was being affected by mushrooms. But the point was this was a situation where Storm came in to help Shuri no questions asked because she was her "sister" and instead of Shuri just giving Storm the sword she played the same sister card when she needed something but wanted Storm to wait. It could have just as easily been written that Shuri was like yup and the rest of the issue more deeply explored storm herself. But this is what we got and i'm ok with the result.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

You would need to take that up with Vita and ultimately HiX-Man for not writing the story you (all) would have written instead...as it's all so distressing.
    It was clearly writen this way to produce three things...
    1: Storm getting the sword as quickly as possible.
    2: Putting a spoke in the relationship between Storm and T'Challa and between Krakoa and Wakanda
    3: To piss off some readers. (although this is always a given and may not have been too intentional)

It clearly succeeded on all points.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-07-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!