Page 191 of 233 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3481

Wow that Nightwing issue was pretty bad. Good art wasted. Justice League was pretty good again though.

Have they ever explored the "Dick Grayson is a multiversal constant" idea?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member

Season 4 of titans confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Season 4 of titans confirmed
    I'm excited about what I've been hearing regarding Dick for season 3. So if it's all good, then GREAT! Another season.

Hopefully I can say the same for Jason. But I'm less confident.

are there any good newer "retro" stories about Dick in his Robin years? Maybe around the first year or so he was with the rebooted teen titans? (Starfire, Changeling, etc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are there any good newer "retro" stories about Dick in his Robin years? Maybe around the first year or so he was with the rebooted teen titans? (Starfire, Changeling, etc.)
    Robin 80th is pretty solid
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

How new? Like modern storytelling or within the past 5 years. There were a lot of good ones in the early '00s.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Robin 80th is pretty solid
    None of the stories are really him as Robin though. One is set as he's transitioning to Nightwing, another is a Nightwing solo story, another one is Nightwing with the 1999 Titans team, and the last is Agent 37 during the Grayson series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not many. Stories with him as Robin are pretty rare these days, especially stories that focus on him as Robin instead of him only having a cameo. I guess it just doesn't make sense to them to make stories with him as Robin when they want to push Tim or Damian in that role. I think Jason has even appeared more as Robin if I look into it.

One that comes to mind is Tomasi's Batman and Robin Annual #2 from the New 52. It sucks that it is set in the messed up New 52 continuity. So it is early in his career, but he is kind of old because of the New 52 timeline. Plus he is in his awful New 52 costume, but some like that costume so it might make it better I guess. Still, it really showcases some fun aspects of the character. I wouldn't call it a great story, but it is a lot of fun. I can't really think of any more from the last 10-15 years that are that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Not really. I'm surprised Seeley got away with that statement tbh. The Dr Hurt arc Seeley did was a good start and was supposed to explore the multiversal constant theme after Clark mentioned it in one of the prior Issues. if I remember correctly it was even supposed to lead into Metal? In the end it just felt unconnected though.

I'd love to read a story that explores the concept, even just a story in which Dick gets roped into multiverse shenanigans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think Jason has even appeared more as Robin if I look into it.
    Depends what you count, Jason in his own book gets more Flashbacks to his time as Robin than Dick, and we get know occasionally versions of Jason's origin story and his death in "Elseworld" settings. But when it comes to full length stories with them as Robin in the main continuity, those are still rarer for Jason
    I think other than the one in the 80 Year Robin book we didn't had one since Retroactive: Batman-The '80, and in most of these stories Jason isn't even the main character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    No coz they don't really let him be a part of multiverse story
    In the past similar ideas exist
    Infinite Crisis, "is this earth's Dick Grayson a corrupted version of yours?" "no"
    Convergence, "your bond with Bruce Wayne echoes in every reality" and "if you're like the Dick Grayson I know, you'll know what to do"
    Both stories involve a Superman in those conversations too btw
    Although those events are limited to two Earths only

Rather than Dick as a Multiversal Constant of being similar too each other and innately good because Deathwing and Nightwing New Order exist, it's more correct to say that Dynamic Duo is the Multiversal Constant. Good and evil, living or dead, past or future, because a Dick Grayson is always paired with a Batman, even crossing earths and crossing time, such as Batman One Million with present Dick, the vampire Batman and vampire hunter Dick, Thomas Wayne Batman and civilian Earth 2 Dick, the robot Batman and Little League Dick.

It's also pretty consistent that the death of one is the other's breaking point, or at least make destabilize them enough. Batman about to kill a Luthor after he almost killed Dick in two continuities, Nightwing New Order, the reason Dick depower all superheroes is Bruce's death, an Elseworld fantasy Batman went insane and keeps Dick's corpse by his throne, vampire hunter Dick couldn't bring himself to vanquish vampire Batman, even though he killed his parents. The whole Owlman subplot in Forever Evil to get a Dick Grayson to replace his.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-24-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Rather than Dick as a Multiversal Constant of being similar too each other and innately good because Deathwing and Nightwing New Order exist, it's more correct to say that Dynamic Duo is the Multiversal Constant. Good and evil, living or dead, past or future, because a Dick Grayson is always paired with a Batman, even crossing earths and crossing time, such as Batman One Million with present Dick, the vampire Batman and vampire hunter Dick, Thomas Wayne Batman and civilian Earth 2 Dick, the robot Batman and Little League Dick.
    Neither versions of Deathwing are actually Dick Grayson. And the New Order Nightwing wasn't a bad person.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Neither versions of Deathwing are actually Dick Grayson. And the New Order Nightwing wasn't a bad person.
    I know the latest one isn't but who's the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know the latest one isn't but who's the first one?
    This weird dude:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Deathwing_(Team_Titans)