Page 953 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 453853903943949950951952953954955956957963100310531453 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 28116
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Ah thank you. Never heard of the WW scorer.

I hope they can reuse Zimmer music cuz that Superman entrance needs that theme!
    Chances are they can't. I didn't care for Superman's theme anyway but (edit) "Beautiful Lie" and "Do You Bleed" were fantastic.
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 02-08-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

"Consumers spent an estimated $4.5B on @DCComics merchandise last yr, contributing to our record performance in Consumer Products–Bewkes" $TWX
    https://twitter.com/twxcorp/status/829325807772368896
    I Knew the merchandise numbers would be pretty solid. Nice to have confirmation not always about BO
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Chances are they can't. I didn't care for Superman's theme anyway but (edit) "Beautiful Lie" and "Do You Bleed" were fantastic.
    The opening of BvS still one of the best openings I have ever seen. Anyway it will suck if they can't use some of Zimmers stuff ngl.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I can't prove it, but I could've sworn I read an interview where they said they can use Zimmer's stuff.

Even if they can't, I agree that Superman's theme wasn't the best. I liked it, but when you compare it to that iconic John Williams theme from the Reeves movies, it just really doesn't compare. So I'd be fine if they give him a new theme. Especially if that theme is at least more reminiscent of the Williams theme. This movie is supposed to be the beginning of turning the DCEU in a more positive direction. Giving Superman a more positive and inspiring theme for his return would be a nice way to show that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Why would they not be able to use Zimmer's stuff is the WW movie did?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Why would they not be able to use Zimmer's stuff is the WW movie did?
    It's in the trailer but we don't know if it's in the actual movie do we?

Besides, the league members are going to need individual themes too so they'll probably start fresh so that there can be some measure of harmony between the themes, unless someone else can do Zimmerman-esque themes for the other members. I think composers like to paint on their own canvases though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Does it? A few lines and that idea is taken care of.
    I don't think they would even need to explain it, just have Cy transform and have Barry say something like 'you can do that? Cool!'

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

It's in the trailer but we don't know if it's in the actual movie do we?

Besides, the league members are going to need individual themes too so they'll probably start fresh so that there can be some measure of harmony between the themes, unless someone else can do Zimmerman-esque themes for the other members. I think composers like to paint on their own canvases though.
    Yeah but the Williams theme wasn't blaring in the MOS trailer

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Forbes: The 'Batman' Movie Gets New Script, New Director, And Likely 2019 Release: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh.../#bcf448a51f8f

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Forbes: The 'Batman' Movie Gets New Script, New Director, And Likely 2019 Release: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh.../#bcf448a51f8f
    Makes sense. Start fresh. Let the new director work with his or her vision for the movie, instead of having to work with someone else's.

I'm hopeful if the new director really is Reeves. If he can bring any of the world building and character development that he brought to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, then this is going to be good.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Makes sense. Start fresh. Let the new director work with his or her vision for the movie, instead of having to work with someone else's.

I'm hopeful if the new director really is Reeves. If he can bring any of the world building and character development that he brought to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, then this is going to be good.
    Reeves start to follow Johns on twitter, it has to mean something.

BANNED

New director, new script lol, what are the odds of a new actor in the role? if this isn't a sign of Affleck trying to get out then I dont know what it. He's been working on the script for a year, possibly more and then it goes down the drain.

Still is confirms that there were indeed serious problems with the script as previously reported. I sincerely hope this is for the best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    New director, new script lol, what are the odds of a new actor in the role? if this isn't a sign of Affleck trying to get out then I dont know what it. He's been working on the script for a year, possibly more and then it goes down the drain.

Still is confirms that there were indeed serious problems with the script as previously reported. I sincerely hope this is for the best.
    I'm disgusted. More broken promises, more bullsh*t. Affleck, the one person with enough leverage over WB to fully realize his vision, is now barely involved with the film aside from acting. He was the one person we could trust not to take any BS from the studio and he's lost all creative control. It's going to be written and directed under the watchful eye of WB now, and we all know how that usually turns out. They might as well hire Snyder to direct the bloody film.

I don't know why the script Affleck and Johns wrote, or even the Terrio rewrite, aren't good enough for WB. But if they had any idea what they were doing in the first place they wouldn't be flushing their entire plan for the film down the $&@!ing toilet. Disgusting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Directors work with other people's scripts all the time. Why should they throw out everything Affleck wrote for the film just because he's not directing? They're wrecking their entire plans for the film for no good reason. It's studio crap, plain and simple. And it sounds to me like you're just willing to defend everything that happens regarding the DCEU no matter what.

If the part about the new script is legit, that proves Johns really has no power in WB. If he did, would he let them throw away his and Affleck's work? This studio disgusts me. Anytime I want to believe they could be on the right path, they prove me wrong.