Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

He saved humans in Bendis run too and even told them he will be looking out for them. They held rallies for him.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm talked to Medusa several times. And Medusa ignored her. Civil war and Dox. Medusa knew exactly what the cloud did from Hellion and Rogue and Beast
    I know she did, but Medusa did not know about the saturation point until someone told her on the battle field, and that was when she decided to destroy the second cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Her side was losing, and she claimed she wanted the violence to stop, so she destroyed the second cloud. Emma then retaliated.
    And no one is denying the story quoted here.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I know she did, but Medusa did not know about the saturation point until someone told her on the battle field, and that was when she decided to destroy the second cloud.

And no one is denying the story quoted here.
    Who cares about the saturation? Genocide was already occurring Extraordinary X-Men already showed hundreds of dead mutants. Civil war showed dead mutants. What number would She have been satisfied with to act on? A million?

With that knowledge Medusa should have destroyed the cloud 8 months ago.

Additionally the cloud could be contained. As beast built a device to contain some and so did forge to contain it all. But the royals wanted it roaming converting inhumans to their side. They wanted an army

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Thank you. I don't get why we Cyke fans and Storm fans occasionally find ourselves at odds when they are the two greatest leaders the X-Men have ever had and are among the greatest characters Marvel has.
    Exactly. Storm and Scott are cut from the same clothe and i don't see why most don't see it. Both have had to hold each other back when they were willing to go to far and both have had to push each other when they didn't go far enough. To me they bring out the best in each other even in the worst situations.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Who cares about the saturation? Genocide was already occurring Extraordinary X-Men already showed hundreds of dead mutants. Civil war showed dead mutants. What number would She have been satisfied with to act on? A million?
    Exactly. Beat me to the punch. The Inhumans were the villains of that narrative, no doubt about it.

That's what bothers me that and the fact(I hate to say this) that many Inhumans just flat out go dead and blind when this is brought up although, I can't really blame them. Mutants were dying...horribly and in large numbers. I mean she had "Cyclops" executed for neutralizing one.

This whole ordeal truly did her no favors.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-23-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Exactly. Beat me to the punch. The Inhumans were the villains of that narrative, no doubt about it.
    And they had devices to contain the cloud. But wanted it roaming around. They didn't even need to destroy it

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. Storm and Scott are cut from the same clothe and i don't see why most don't see it. Both have had to hold each other back when they were willing to go to far and both have had to push each other when they didn't go far enough. To me they bring out the best in each other even in the worst situations.
    I mean he almost freaked when Ororo said she was leaving Utopia. Who can give an X-Men leader better council than an X-Men leader? Not counting Doop.

Where did these events occur? I read All new INhumans and Uncanny INhumans and beast was too busy going back in time helping the inhumans be saved from extinction in a storyline that featured Kang to focus on the mutant plight or helping them and over in all new inhumans they were busy looking sleek in a club like setting and worrying about inhuman issues to save mutants. I don't think Inhumans fans can be upset the xteam played this one better by wasting my dollars on reading the suffrage of mutants while Inhumans seemed to be living the high life in their own books and barely spent any time in said books showing any remorse or help for or to mutants. The most anyone has been able to produce from Inhuman books of them helping is one panel. One panel in 60 issues between two books. Really?
    I can't argue with you. You are right. These events solely took place in the event books DoX and IvX, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. I just hate that characters on both sides suffered due to a very one-sided event where Marvel was clearly pushing an agenda. The X-Men have yet another extinction event that they have to face, so all of the X-books were focused on that and exaggerated that aspect. The Inhumans books were working on building a brand, so they weren't bogged down by what was happening over in the X-books. Is it fair that the Inhumans were being pushed at the expense of the X-Men? No. Were there better ways to do it? For sure. But we got what we got and the Inhumans in their own books, books that Inhumans fans were reading never touched the subject and thusly should in my opinion be judged by what happened in the actual events and not necessarily things that did or didn't happen in another branch of the universe. It's like saying the X-Men don't care that Dr. Doom is taking over the world. Well, if the story is taking place in a Fantastic Four comic then I won't be mad at the X-Men for not being there.

And I understand the frustration of the fans. I really do. I might come off as a total Inhumans fan boy, but I really do try to see everything as objectively as I can. And I hated the events, I hated the backlash and I hate that Marvel is still including things in their books that make topics like this resurface. So I should probably just quit while I'm ahead. playing devil's advocate never got me very far. Haha.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 01-23-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    No, no go there...drag those dirty Avengers.
    Personally i think the reason Avengers only help humans is because they want to feel like gods. They love the idolization they get from protecting those they see as weak and mutants are a obstacle to their status as being the greatest heroes of earth. It's okay if your human that was turned into more because it's far easier to convince you to be one of them, that you were chosen to be a defender of the people rather than being born with power and choosing to do something good with it. IMO the avengers come off like apologists. They would be that group standing in front of confederate monuments talking about "but history". Look how fast they step up to oppress a mutant and how slow they step up to protect one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't know any Scott fan who was glad about Storm's poor handling these last few years.

To this day one of my favorite single issues was during Gillen's run with the Phalanx - Storm and Cyclops feeling the weight of the events on their shoulders? Fantastic.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 01-23-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I can't argue with you. You are right. These events solely took place in the event books DoX and IvX, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. I just hate that characters on both sides suffered due to a very one-sided event where Marvel was clearly pushing an agenda. The X-Men have yet another extinction event that they have to face, so all of the X-books were focused on that. The Inhumans books were working on building a brand, so they weren't bogged down by what was happening over in the X-books. Is it fair that the Inhumans were being pushed at the expense of the X-Men? No. Were there better ways to do it? For sure. But we got what we got and the Inhumans in their own books, books that Inhumans fans were reading never touched the subject and thusly should in my opinion be judged by what happened in the actual events and not necessarily things that did or didn't happen in another branch of the universe. It's like saying the X-Men don't care that Dr. Doom is taking over the world. Well, if the story is taking place in a Fantastic Four comic then I won't be mad at the X-Men for being there.

And I understand the frustration of the fans. I really do. I might come off as a total Inhumans fan boy, but I really do try to see everything as objectively as I can. And I hated the events, I hated the backlash and I hate that Marvel is still including things in their books that make topics like this resurface. So I should probably just quit while I'm ahead. playing devil's advocate never got me very far. Haha.
    I appreciate your insight into this. IvX was a complete travesty, and you won't find many that say it isn't. I'm pissed at it because it started this regression to 1991 for the X-Men that's only gotten worse with the annual today. It's always BS when a character gets assassinated to push an agenda. Magneto got his retcon, Bishop got forgiven, and I hope something positive happens for Emma out of this.

medusa and emma should've conquered the goddamn world together
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

With that knowledge Medusa should have destroyed the cloud 8 months ago.

Additionally the cloud could be contained. As beast built a device to contain some and so did forge to contain it all. But the royals wanted it roaming converting inhumans to their side. They wanted an army
    Medusa was wrong for that, and I'm not taking her side. My side is that Storm did what she could to save lives without more people dying until she took Emma's proposition, which still led to death. It affected her mentally and that is why she gave Kitty the offer to run the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    medusa and emma should've conquered the goddamn world together
    I'd much rather see them conquer a pool of jello together. Preferably by way of Emma's secret wardrobe.