Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

I get the feeling that the Cotati may be going full on genocide which the Avengers wouldn't support even if some factions of Kree and Skrull screwed over the Cotati in the past. Of course the plant people may have it out for the Humans too so...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    True, but considering everything the Skrulls and the Kree have caused to Earth, they shouldn't have any reason to help them. Their only concern should be keep the aliens out of their planet.
    That's the thing: if they want to keep the aliens out of their planet, and the Cotati are hidden there, then they do have a reason to team up with the Kree/Skrull Empire, specially if the Cotati start to threaten the earthlings too. Another key element is the fact that both races are clearly under new circumstances. They are essentially a new empire ruled by someone who is an Earth citizen AND an Avenger. The heroes may be more inclined to trust both races when they know they respond to someone who's on their side.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Some people mentioned it earlier in the thread, but it is kinda weird how little build up this event has. Sure there's Incoming! (and maybe Ewing's upcoming GOTG) but there's usually a line or two of comics before the main event. I'm just hoping it's not being sent out to "die" for another shindig later in the year. After all, this is basically Al Ewing's retribution for being snubbed out of Eternity War.

Extraordinary Member

These sre some good guesses, but about the X-Men...they also have their plants, those teleporting flowers.

All-New Member

I don't know if it has already been said, but this Iron Man looks like Tony Stark, doesn't he ? We know from Incoming that Empyre happens after Arno became Iron Man, so I guess it is a spoiler for Iron Man 2020 ?

Arno became Iron Man in Tony Stark Iron Man #19, so no, it isn't a spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Arno became Iron Man in Tony Stark Iron Man #19, so no, it isn't a spoiler.
    So you think it's Arno in Empyre ? He looks like Tony to me

Quote Originally Posted by Meras View Post
    So you think it's Arno in Empyre ? He looks like Tony to me
    Did anyone really think that Tony not being Iron Man would be a thing that stuck?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Did anyone really think that Tony not being Iron Man would be a thing that stuck?
    Clearly not, but showing him being back before it happened in his own comics, and moreover with the same writer... Classic Marvel spoiling its own events I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Meras View Post
    Clearly not, but showing him being back before it happened in his own comics, and moreover with the same writer... Classic Marvel spoiling its own events I guess
    Me when it comes to marvel comics:

Last edited by Captain M; 01-03-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Ugh, I misread that post. I thought you meant Iron Man's appearance in Incoming, which was Arno.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Y'all what if Billy and the rest of YA don't even show up in this event. I legit wouldn't be shocked!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Me when it comes to marvel comics:

I don't know, I think the MU is in a very interesting place for an event right now.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    It's like Steve being Cap in everything but his own book.

Even if you go with the theory that Coates' Cap run just predates all these books it's still weird how out-of-sync it all is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like Steve being Cap in everything but his own book.

Even if you go with the theory that Coates' Cap run just predates all these books it's still weird how out-of-sync it all is.
    I can normally create some sort of timeline in my head for all the events, but Coate's series may as well be in a completely different reality. In fact, it actually might be...