Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The very first CAPTAIN MARVEL woman respected!!!

Captain Marvel

by The Husky Bro

^^^ so what's the backstory with the sculpture? how long did it take? what materials?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    I mean f#×! though.
    Dracula. REALLY. AND shes on a TEAM to do this? More filler BS. After taking away her ticket to top tier-dom in terms of respect. First her powers, then her name, then her dignity.

Why aren't her and Adam doing their own thing, away from eveybody else. Since its SO hard to write a story with them at potential. In groups?

Personally, I'd rather a kick ass showing and a Mic drop into limbo then this.

Why we can't win too bruh?
    Monica will likely play a key role in the next Captain Marvel movie, so they're going to continue to give her as much panel time as they can to drum up interest. I agree that the best way to do that is to give Monica her own title. Even if it's a limited series run, it beats turning up in stories that prove that "The House of Ideas" no longer applies to Marvel. Some of the contributors in this forum have better concepts and ideas than what Marvel is pushing these days. They're getting by on their brand, not content, and they know it. A shame.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Monica Captain Marvel in September:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...shed-one-shot/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Roger Stern writing Monica..... SOLD!!!!

Astonishing Member

As much as I like Monica's new outfit as Spectrum, there is something about seeing Monica in her classic Captain Marvel outfit that will always trigger a special spark of joy in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Roger Stern writing Monica..... SOLD!!!!
    Same!

As self-appointed Living Tribunal of the Forum, I hereby declare September Captain Marvel month!!!!!!!
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Monica will likely play a key role in the next Captain Marvel movie, so they're going to continue to give her as much panel time as they can to drum up interest. I agree that the best way to do that is to give Monica her own title. Even if it's a limited series run, it beats turning up in stories that prove that "The House of Ideas" no longer applies to Marvel. Some of the contributors in this forum have better concepts and ideas than what Marvel is pushing these days. They're getting by on their brand, not content, and they know it. A shame.
    Clearly I still buy their comics, but the bolded has been true for over 20yrs.

At the end of the day, I guess we should be thankful that Monica is getting a stealth push. But for the MCU and Disney's insistence on showing an inclusive universe in its films, Monica would probably be in limbo right now, along with several other great characters.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As much as I like Monica's new outfit as Spectrum, there is something about seeing Monica in her classic Captain Marvel outfit that will always trigger a special spark of joy in my heart.

Same!
    Yeah, i dug her original costume. The wings gave her a unique look. Moreso than the trench coat at least.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, i dug her original costume. The wings gave her a unique look. Moreso than the trench coat at least.
    Spider-Woman is wearing her original costume in the upcoming Avengers series. Maybe they'll let Monica do the same? Anything but that trench coat. I never got the appeal of that. Even in human form, it's not like she gets cold.

And what do you know, they both have wings.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-14-2019 at 04:21 PM.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

man i thought the trenchcoat (black not brown) was >>> the wings

the wings just reminded me of a sugar glider
    don't like them on spider-man either

the design worked better for storm, because she looked regal in that stuff. Or atleast it fit better with the character and the overall design and powers.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 06-15-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

the design worked better for storm, because she looked regal in that stuff. Or atleast it fit better with the character and the overall design and powers.
    I thnk you can argue that looking regal sort of fits Monica too. She's sort of like a goddess of the sun or something. New she sort of looks more like a private detective, or a reporter for the daily planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

Technically, Storm had a cape, not merely the demi-winged look. And she was the only one at the time who was given a cape and called a goddess on the X-Men, so it worked naturally. Monica's first costume is admittedly disco era-ish. But the trench is no better. Didn't everyone on the NextWave team have a trenchcoat? That alone pretty much tells you that it was meant to be a fashion trend, not a permanent mainstay look.

Given a choice, I'd ask for a complete new design for Monica and ditch both the wingpits and the trench coat. I'd also make sure that the colorist earned her/his salary and set aside the basic black and white look. Even if it's just adding a third color to the scheme. It's time for a new look that embraces her Spectrum namesake.

And yes, that means even the derivative Starlin star that she wears on her chest should go, especially now that Carol wears the star full time. I'm surprised no villain has clowned Monica yet for wearing that reworked emblem now that Carol is THE Captain Marvel. It looks like she couldn't afford the real thing, so her grandmother folded it over on itself and stitched together a patchwork emblem from spare fabric. Time to let it go. As long as it's not a Power Girl boob window, I'd probably be ok with whatever else they come up with. Not that I'd mind Monica showing some skin -- that would be a first for her -- but I'd prefer tasteful, not tongue in cheek.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Does anyone know how old Monica is?
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It's hard to say but i think she is in her 30's.
    Possibility this to be Captain Marvel's age in the Marvel Cinematic Universe when she makes her debut post Phase 3?