Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedKnight00 View Post
    Since they already messed with this last year, I would ratter keep it only in Barry's pre-FP memories. In fact, he is the same guy and started the n52 with memories from both realities, only he forgot them at some point, so it would be quite easy to make him and Iris date again.
    Do they even care about Convergence at this point? There is no way you can undo something like COEI, Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis.

I could see him in a YJ Rebirth team, but I guess that would depend on how fast Tim will make his come back. And since all Robins had titles through the n52 no matter how bad they were, I would be really surprised if it doesn't happen at the end of the rebirth arc.

Otherwise, I really hope we can get a second Flash book, with two Flashes plus all the other speedster around or teased since Rebirth soon there will be no room for them in only one.

And I hope Meena is not forgotten, she was good enough for a while (better than the current Iris at least) and the idea of a Flash team has some potential. Especially with so many good characters in flash-family, and the critical success of the current 'tec run.
    A Speed Force book should be a given at this point due to Flash & Titans sales numbers. Brett Booth has been hinting to it for a while. We'll see.

Do they even care about Convergence at this point? There is no way you can undo something like COEI, Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis.
    Well, it has to matter in some level, assuming that Mr-EL, Ma-Lois and Jon stay for the forseable future, that's the event that brought then to the main continuity again.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post

A Speed Force book should be a given at this point due to Flash & Titans sales numbers. Brett Booth has been hinting to it for a while. We'll see.
    *crosses fingers*

Johns was saying that he wanted to do to the Flashverse what he'd done for the Green Lantern line of books. I'm still pretty bitter at DC's slash-and-burn take on the Flashverse in the new 52 and hope that can be fixed.

Flash-verse = poop. I've dropped flash since mid 52, and I just can't get pulled back in right now. Disheartening to new readers.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

First of all I'll say that the Flash-verse is the healthiest it's been in a long time right now, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the Rebirth book. I think by the end of Rebirth we'll have a Barry who's in a relationship with, but not married to, Iris. We'll also have a Wally and Linda romance, but again not a marriage.

The wildcard here is how Jay will factor in, considering this is a Justice Society that presumably the heroes are meeting for the first time, and a possibly younger team at that if Johnny Thunder somehow sent them into the speed force in the 50's.

Would like to see them bring back the original Jay Garrick and leave the New 52 one over on the other earth. There is too much history that is still lost without the original JSA.

BANNED

To me, it was a mistake to get rid of Cold's power. Now he's just a lame dude with a gun again.

Update:

+ So New 52 Thawne is officially out of canon now, Manhattan undid him. We can more or less assume a lot of Venditti/Jensen stuff are no longer canon with that in mind. Thawne's origins are back to what Johns established. (no more dictatorship stuff)

+ James Jesse is implied to be still existing via Trickster's toys.

+ Barry is dating Iris but Wally & Linda are on hold.

+ Barry's death is more or less back at this point.

+ According to Button Part 2, events of Flash: Rebirth (older one) still happened. Thawne is no longer a time manipulator but user of Negative Speed Force.

It seems like status quo will go back to time Barry came back from dead, only with nuWally added to family.

my personal prediction based on other clues that are left.

rebirth ends with the final trinity reunited. conner, tim, and cassie. bart is back with them, and all the flashes are reunited as well and running into a bright new tomorrow.

jay, barry, the wallies, bart, jesse all together once again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

jay, barry, the wallies, bart, jesse all together once again
    Don't forget Max! and Iris II and Jenni, but I know their chances are slim, and in Jenni's case especially that makes me sad.

Jenni is the defacto speedster of LOSH, so she's definitely coming back.

yes jenni and max as well. i actually can foresee jenni grabbing bart and the YJ kids and taking them to the future with her as a final moment for rebirth. and then they restart the legion with a superman, ww, batman, and two flash analogues in there with the rest of the classic legionnaires

Extraordinary Member

Flash #21 basically reinforced what the DCU Rebirth one shot told us: the Silver Age, Bronze Age, etc. all happened but have been taken out of time. I think it also signifies that those adventures/continuity is going to be put back at some point. I would prefer it if Barry and Iris's marriage accompanied that, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Jenni is the defacto speedster of LOSH, so she's definitely coming back.
    Because I didn't read Nu52 Flash, and have only recently been learning things about it, I only JUST put together that the reason Jenni wasn't in the Nu52 Legion, despite joining the retroboot team in Final Crisis, was because Barry and Iris weren't together. With Barry now dating Iris, I'm hopeful we'll get her back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    yes jenni and max as well. i actually can foresee jenni grabbing bart and the YJ kids and taking them to the future with her as a final moment for rebirth. and then they restart the legion with a superman, ww, batman, and two flash analogues in there with the rest of the classic legionnaires
    The YJ kids as Legion members? interesting idea. I certainly wouldn't cry over the merging of my two favorite teams, but I wouldn't want them to stay in the future for more than a few years our time.

My ideal ending to all of this involves commentary on how a Flash always either screws things up or dies in these big events, and this time instead have "everything" fixed by having ALL of the Speedsters run together, symbolizing the importance of legacy.