Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Did they have rave's in the Hyborian age? I don't see Conan covered with bubbles or in a mosh pit.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Marvel should be the studio to develop any new Conan film or TV properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Marvel should be the studio to develop any new Conan film or TV properties.
    The only problem is Paradox, the owner of the Conan properties, it obsessed with Arnie as Conan and see that as the ultimate goal for the property when they acquired it. They want a third Arnie as Conan film, with an older King Conan, and introducing Conn, son of Conan in it for sequels. That has been their obsession since the day they acquired the property, and the Momoa Conan was only a stopgap for them because Arnie wasn't available at the time. That, and video games, have been the only thing the have seemed to actually care about since they acquired the property, and Conan in print is just a sideline for them. I don't see the owners at Paradox being willing to be hands off on any Conan movie, let alone relinquish it to another studio for development.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 11-28-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The only problem is Paradox, the owner of the Conan properties, it obsessed with Arnie as Conan and see that as the ultimate goal for the property hen they acquired it. They want a third Arnie as Conan film, with an older King Conan, and introducing Conn, son of Conan in it for sequels. That has been their obsession since the day they acquired the property, and the Momoa Conan was only a stopgap for them because Arnie wasn't available at the time. That, and video games, have been the only thing the have seemed to actually care about since they acquired the property, and Conan in print is just a sideline for them. I don't see the owners at Paradox being willing to be hands off on any Conan movie, let alone relinquish it to another studio for development.

-M
    too bad. also too bad that apparently nobody at marvel/disney wanted to outright purchase the Conan concept at any point... ah well.. ?

These books are all gonna tie in to the same continuity as the original Marvel Conan stuff, correct?

Goddammit, Marvel, you couldn't wait to screw this up, could you?!

Not only have they Conan interacting with the Avengers, but they present Crom as reality and a major player. I'm majorly turned off about this.

Extraordinary Member

I really wish I had predicted this out loud because I thought - but can't prove I thought - Conan was the likeliest answer to the question of who the "surprise" character was going to be (literally no one returning from the dead would be a surprise, so it had to be a character from outside the Marvel Universe).

It seems a little pointless offhand to introduce Conan when the Avengers already have their own recurring Conan ripoff, Arkon, though the writers could have some fun by addressing the differences between them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I really wish I had predicted this out loud because I thought - but can't prove I thought - Conan was the likeliest answer to the question of who the "surprise" character was going to be (literally no one returning from the dead would be a surprise, so it had to be a character from outside the Marvel Universe).

It seems a little pointless offhand to introduce Conan when the Avengers already have their own recurring Conan ripoff, Arkon, though the writers could have some fun by addressing the differences between them.
    If you think it's pointless, ask yourself what character would be more likely to drive sales - Conan or Arkon?

Also ask yourself: what character did Marvel just get the license back to and wants to make as big a deal as possible about?

While I don't necessarily want Conan to be a full-fledged member of the MU, I don't begrudge Marvel for putting a spotlight on him either.

I have no worries that the combined team of Waid, Ewing and Zub will do a fine job integrating Conan into the Avengers story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If you think it's pointless, ask yourself what character would be more likely to drive sales - Conan or Arkon?

Also ask yourself: what character did Marvel just get the license back to and wants to make as big a deal as possible about?
    I can't say I care much about either of those things. Those are business reasons. Yes, from a business point of view, it makes sense to introduce Conan into the mainstream Marvel universe to get attention for his books and this Avengers story. But that matters to Marvel, not to me.

I'm not rejecting the idea out of hand, but I think there was a lot to be said for keeping Conan separate, just as we don't see Darth Vader vs. the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I can't say I care much about either of those things. Those are business reasons. Yes, from a business point of view, it makes sense to introduce Conan into the mainstream Marvel universe to get attention for his books and this Avengers story. But that matters to Marvel, not to me.

I'm not rejecting the idea out of hand, but I think there was a lot to be said for keeping Conan separate, just as we don't see Darth Vader vs. the Avengers.
    I think there are more reasons for why Marvel and Star Wars characters don't mingle. Lucasfilms surely has their own opinions on that matter.

And while I agree there's a lot to be said for keeping Conan separate, I'm not adamantly against giving him at least a limited presence in the MU.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Goddammit, Marvel, you couldn't wait to screw this up, could you?!

Not only have they Conan interacting with the Avengers, but they present Crom as reality and a major player. I'm majorly turned off about this.
    Surely not. Is there any evidence that Conan will be interacting with MU? It would seem an utterly ridiculous move to make.

As long as the regular Conan books stay by themselves, I'm fine with this being a one-off story like the old Kulan Gath saga with Red Sonja.

If not, well, I'll just stop buying Conan a lot sooner than I had expected.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Knockagh View Post
    Surely not. Is there any evidence that Conan will be interacting with MU? It would seem an utterly ridiculous move to make.
    It's right there in the solicit. Scarlet Witch goes back to his time period.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's right there in the solicit. Scarlet Witch goes back to his time period.
    I’m gutted. This is suicide for Conan. Utterly bonkers. Which of the three titles is running with this?

Astonishing Member

I was not sure about collecting the Avengers:No Road Home storyline but with Conan i will be getting at least the issues he will be apearing.