Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Some of the new stuff:

* There's an official timeline for when the Future State books are set, and the directly Superman-associated stuff goes as such:

2025: Batman/Superman
    2030: Superman of Metropolis, Superman: Worlds of War, Suicide Squad
    2040: Justice League
    2050: Superwoman, Superman vs. Imperius Lex
    2070: Superman/Wonder Woman
    3000: House of El, Legion of Superheroes

* Superman's fighting Mongul's more ambitious son in Worlds of War, which Bendis seems to have set up.

* Superman left Earth in part because of some looming massive off-Earth threat, and House of El mentions the family gearing up to face something massive and long-in-the-making; I suspect they're the same thing and that's why PKJ's writing both.

* Conner Kent isn't identified as Superman in the 'who's who' of the Future State promo image.

* There's a concept design for Jon that shows him both with and without a cape, unclear if that was a sketch figuring it out or if we'll see him in both.

* Oddly, it's restated that Superman/Wonder Woman is about a fledgling Jonathan and Yara's first team-up, even though it's set much farther on the timeline than the others: I'd say its 2070 listing is a misprint, but it's the only book set during that year so that seems unlikely? Plus Wonder Woman itself is in 2050. Maybe it's a time-travel thing, or maybe the solicit is misleading and this is about a Superman III or something, hence the different costume. Anyway, Solaris is basically having a pissing match with a local sun god and each of the heroes is only qualified to solve half the problem, so there you go.

* Bendis is making a show of playing coy with how far in the future Legion is set, so the 'Legion 5000' title that was leaked seems likely even though it's listed for 3000.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Another interesting bit about the Bendis interview in the magazine is him stating the book may stay in that timeline after future state ends. Which makes me even more curious if Jon will continue to play a role in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    * There's a concept design for Jon that shows him both with and without a cape, unclear if that was a sketch figuring it out or if we'll see him in both.
    Now I'm just imagining Jon can just pop out the cape whenever he feels like it or needs to look super heroic like he's Golden Knight Garo .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm really confused by this.
    We're told Future State was only a two month event but now it's spawning tv shows? I'm not opposed to it, just confused. And overall concerned with what's going on with DC comics.
    It's a popular concept that DC thought would make money as a tv show, that's perfectly normal for comic book adaptions. Anything which they think will make money will be made money from. This isn't bad, we'd be getting something like this if it wasn't for Covid. They adapted "Red Son" in Supergirl!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I hope capeless jon isn't a mistake. I mean, superman of Metropolis covers had him without cape. Capeless jon just looks better.

I wonder if Conner Kent will be earth 3s superman going up against ultraman? And how the heck did lor zod get there?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hope capeless jon isn't a mistake. I mean, superman of Metropolis covers had him without cape. Capeless jon just looks better.
    I prefer the cape, but I admit it may just be that I'm so used to a Superman with a cape that he just looks wrong to me without one. It's a fine look, but I may just be too old to appreciate it.

I like a cape for a super MAN, and no cape for a Boy, and of ur cool enough a leather jacket lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I like a cape for a super MAN, and no cape for a Boy, and of ur cool enough a leather jacket lol
    The cape was used to accentuate superman's movements when he used to do acrobatic maneuvers in goldenage . It's a left over from old tales of knights, gladiator,old pulp fiction heroes like zorro....etc .Jon isn't a muscle bound strongman like superman. He is lean and acrobatic. We have better mechanisms for printing. Jon as superman doesn't need it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2020 at 08:06 AM.

I also don't think Jon should be a straightforward STRONG Superman who charges in throws hands gets smacked away a bunch of times before ultimately getting the W. He should be swift, lean, maybe add some assasin training from Damian for mobility he needs to be different from Clark, Kara, & Connor.

BANNED

I think we already have enough supers that fight like cavemen, it's time for a super that has real fighting skills, strategy and intelligence and not just talk. I think that a Jon who uses fortress technology, who uses martial arts and who thinks instead of jumping like an idiot would make him his own character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I also don't think Jon should be a straightforward STRONG Superman who charges in throws hands gets smacked away a bunch of times before ultimately getting the W. He should be swift, lean, maybe add some assasin training from Damian for mobility he needs to be different from Clark, Kara, & Connor.
    With his body type, I think rather than an assassin style, his fighting style supposed to be akin to something like Silat, Krav Maga, or jiu jitsu where he will use his lean body to move around his enemy like dancing and then grappling or hitting the enemy until they knock out.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-30-2020 at 08:53 AM.

We know he wears a cape in future/later set comics at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We know he wears a cape in future/later set comics at least.
    I just hate the flying paragon portrayal of Superman .If capeless lean body allows Jon to be more agile like goldenage superman or spiderman. So be it.I don't want Jon to be a savior figure.Just a champion with a legacy to uphold.

For people that think, superman is just a flying strong guy with no dynamic movements.No,what i said was superman is a strongman.There is a difference . This is Superman.If he is portrayed well.

This is cape flapping awesomeness.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2020 at 09:11 AM.

I just hate the flying paragon portrayal of Superman .If capeless lean body allows Jon to be more agile like goldenage superman or spiderman. So be it.I don't want Jon to be a savior figure.Just a champion with a legacy to uphold.
    I don't think a cape necessarily denotes what kind of Superman Jon is (I don't think he needs to move like Spider-Man) but it shows some kind of progression or passage of time with him.
    For people that think, superman is just a flying strong guy with no dynamic movements.No,what i said was superman is a strongman.There is a difference . This is Superman.If he is portrayed well.

This is cape flapping awesomeness.
    I don't see Superman as being all that different from All Might. Maybe less hyper .