Page 9 of 440 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    She used to talk a lot, but also do a lot of things and fight too.
    She doesn't have an identity? Why? Because she is a good girl and not driven by tragedy in her actions? She has an identity. She is the spirit of truth. The objective view. She chose her own path. She didn't become a hero as the result of a tragic backstory. She is not limited by her past, she lives the present. She isn't pessimist, but she isn't naively optimistic either. She keeps it real. And is here to make a difference and help a new world because that's who she is. Somebody driven by a desire to help and find her own place between 2 worlds that she treasures.
    There is certain contradiction in that description, how can Wonder Woman be the spirit of truth and a real person at the same time?

I should mention that I would like to read more stories about Wonder Woman as character. The issues usually center more about her world.

That said, I think Azzarello really focus on her conflicts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    There is certain contradiction in that description, how can Wonder Woman be the spirit of truth and a real person at the same time?

I should mention that I would like to read more stories about Wonder Woman as character. The issues usually center more about her world.

That said, I think Azzarello really focus on her conflicts.
    The Spirit Of Truth is a title. It's simbolic because it refers to Diana's nature as somebody that seeks the truth. The lasso is part of her. So discovering the truth is part of what she is. something she stands for.

azz didn'y focus on her character as much as yo think. His run was centered around her world, the people around her.

I would like more stories about her character. But let's not act like those stories never existed before. Because the way you talk about this, you make it sound like we have never had stories centered around her as a character.

I have a bit of mixed feelings about the whole spirit of truth appellation. It sounds snazzy, but I think it misses the point about Diana (and the whole Spirit of Truth album—while gorgeous to look at—carried with it a lot of baggage and racist tropes). She is not so much about Truth with a capital T as about understanding, empathy, and self-knowledge.

I found that a lot of the Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman shorts (published 2014–2016) are well worth a read for looking at Diana's character in various situations, if you haven't read them. Note that the art styles in them are rather varied.

Astonishing Member

azz didn'y focus on her character as much as yo think. His run was centered around her world, the people around her.

I would like more stories about her character. But let's not act like those stories never existed before. Because the way you talk about this, you make it sound like we have never had stories centered around her as a character.
    Well, I've never said that they've never written about her as a character.

I can only speak on what I've read about her. The pattern I have seen is that they focus on her world rather than on her.

I started reading comics on 2010. I have also read some of her previous comics (although I have not read before 2000). So, I'm not an expert on Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Well, I've never said that they've never written about her as a character.

I can only speak on what I've read about her. The pattern I have seen is that they focus on her world rather than on her.

I started reading comics on 2010. I have also read some of her previous comics (although I have not read before 2000). So, I'm not an expert on Wonder Woman.
    We had stories with her as a character. You tell me that none of her stories from 2000 and onwards were about her character? Sorry but that is not accurate.

Astonishing Member

We had stories with her as a character. You tell me that none of her stories from 2000 and onwards were about her character? Sorry but that is not accurate.
    I've never said I read all stories 2000 and onwards. I just want to say that I have not read almost anything about Wonder Woman before 2000

Can you tell me some stories of Wonder Woman from 2000 and onwards where the focus is in her character? I would like to read that stories.

I've never said I read all stories 2000 and onwards. I just want to say that I have not read almost anything about Wonder Woman before 2000

Can you tell me some stories of Wonder Woman from 2000 and onwards where the focus is in her character? I would like to read that stories.
    For me the best examples are:

George Perez's Wonder Woman run from the 1980s.

Phil Jiminez's run from the 2000s

Greg Rucka's original run from the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For me the best examples are:

George Perez's Wonder Woman run from the 1980s.

Phil Jiminez's run from the 2000s

Greg Rucka's original run from the 2000s.
    Many times I notice many are saying these are one best modern stories for Diana. I wonder where these list stand now. I mean Azz run had stable sales but many fans still hated how many characters were written. For ne Rucka got a very positive run. Robinson not so much but Orlando was okay. I really hope they let Orlando come back

BANNED

Well agent z already gave you good examples. You can take a look at those.

Dc doesn’t want Diana to be strategist and tactician. One thing that doesn’t make sense is Diana isn’t shown to be a top planner . Batman always is but Diana comes from top fighters in dc but can’t come up with a plan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Dc doesn’t want Diana to be strategist and tactician. One thing that doesn’t make sense is Diana isn’t shown to be a top planner . Batman always is but Diana comes from top fighters in dc but can’t come up with a plan
    dc doesn't want her to be a powerhouse either. They just want her to be there and milk her iconic status while doing the bare minimum.

Darkseid's depiction in Castelluci's Female Furies is how Zeus and Poseidon should be written.

Diana doesn't have to be the most powerful of the Amazons. Artemis and Donna should be able to fight her to a draw while Nubia should be able to beat her.

I wonder there seems to be a small written in Diana and magic. Diana can somewhat stay up against some magically attacks. So how resistant should Diana be to magic ? I’m not saying someone up Zatanna or Circe. Just lower forms of magic. What type of defense should she have. One thing that should never be is her turning back into to clay. That’s a no no.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diana doesn't have to be the most powerful of the Amazons. Artemis and Donna should be able to fight her to a draw while Nubia should be able to beat her.
    That sounds like an incredibly terrible idea(especially Nubia being more powerful), even more so considering how that would look like coming from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    That sounds like an incredibly terrible idea(especially Nubia being more powerful), even more so considering how that would look like coming from DC.
    How is it a terrible idea?