Page 178 of 360 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It is. Terminal city, Big guy and Rusty and Fifth Beatle are all LE size, Stumptowns are ohc and SB, Lumberjanes and TMNT-Batman are normal hardcovers. The 4 big books are 17inch tall.
    Oh, they are huge then

I was looking for that Terminal City too. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Oh, they are huge then

I was looking for that Terminal City too. Is it good?
    haven't read it yet but planning to do it soon. Hellboydce mentioned that he read it years ago and remembers quite liking it and usually if he likes a book I end up liking it too.
    and indeed artist and gallery editions are huge but that's the point. They reprint the art in original size and form (without colours, all pencilmarks and whatnot visible).

There is al lot to learn for me. I'm back in to comics since july. After the nineties. I've only collected European comics fot the last years, and now I'm switching. I'm discovering a lot. I'll place some pictures of my haul since july tomorrow if I have the time.

Mighty Member

Glad to see you continuing stumptown! That Fifth Beatle was a big disappointment for me. Hope you get more out of it. Plus, I see you finally broke down and got Lumberjanes lol. No more complaining about booms pricing allowed! Lol

Fantastic Member

I got about half way through Terminal City. Found it a tad dull...

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Glad to see you continuing stumptown! That Fifth Beatle was a big disappointment for me. Hope you get more out of it. Plus, I see you finally broke down and got Lumberjanes lol. No more complaining about booms pricing allowed! Lol
    I've found Lumberjanes for 11quid on ebay so I thought I would go for it. Let's see how much I like it, not sure if I'm willing to pay twice as much for v2 if it's just good but not REALLY good. So I think I'm still allowed to complain...until I get Klaus. Because Morrison. Dang it!
    Stumptown v1 was really fun but a bit too quick to read for the price (got it from the LCS). Still it was a really nice read. I heard a lot of praise for the Fifth Beatle and it was only like 11.5 quid so I decided to give it a shot.

Amazing Member

Got Edena today...been waiting for this a long time...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

The day after I've posted my latest haul last week I got all my remaining holiday pay from work. So this happened.
    Still yolo and no regrets. Bought some useful stuff as well not just comics. Adulting like a boss.
    The two IDW AEs were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago they are the ones that were shipped to Germany accidentally. Also a Funko Pop, probably my last one until they release the Shadow or Doc Savage and this is only because it's the War Doctor and I've asked my LCS to get it ages ago.

Awesome stuff, Balakin. The Alien Original Art Edition was actually my second AE/AE-type book. Still haven't read it, though.

Big Guy and Rusty should've been bigger. It's not even as big as the original issues, let alone the b&w collection DH published of it in the 90s. And while we're at it, Darrow needs to get an AE asap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Been meaning to try suicide risk. But without the steeper discount can't bring myself to buy those 4 issue trades.
    Yeah, the trades are a bit overpriced (besides Vol 1 which is $10), but I'm a few issues in and it's pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Storm Dogs a great read and so is Revival, nice selection there Qcomix.
    Thanks! Can't wait to read them both

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Awesome stuff, Balakin. The Alien Original Art Edition was actually my second AE/AE-type book. Still haven't read it, though.

Big Guy and Rusty should've been bigger. It's not even as big as the original issues, let alone the b&w collection DH published of it in the 90s. And while we're at it, Darrow needs to get an AE asap.
    Agreed on all your points about Darrow

tmp_4805-20161111_162621-176901311.jpg

My haul since july, except for the hellboy LE's. Got them earlier this year. BPRD Plague of frogs 1 - 4 in hc, Stumptown 1 and 2 and Chew Omnivore 1 - 3 are on their way.

tmp_4805-20161111_162621-176901311.jpg

My haul since july, except for the hellboy LE's. Got them earlier this year. BPRD Plague of frogs 1 - 4 in hc, Stumptown 1 and 2 and Chew Omnivore 1 - 3 are on their way.
    Thats a very nice haul with basically only quality material

Thats a very nice haul with basically only quality material
    Thanks. I love to discover new stuff. So if you have some titels you think I should read, please tell me

100 Bullets is on my 'To Buy' list, so I'd love to get your take on it

Thanks. I love to discover new stuff. So if you have some titels you think I should read, please tell me
    lot of my favourites are on this pic. Some I would recommend: Sandman, Death (Sandman spin off), Books of magic, League of extraordinary gentlemen, The Boys, Atomic Robo, Metabarons, Blankets, Glory, From Hell, Sweet tooth, Powers, Bendis Daredevil, Satelite Sam, New Frontier, Scott Pilgrim.
    Just off the top of my head. Some might be more miss than hit but I love all of these.
    Also if you like pretencious mind bending bullcrap I would recommend Grant Morrison's stuff. Doom Patrol, Invisibles (the most pretencious and mind bending of all), The Filth (disturbing and mind bending), We3, All star Superman (these 2 are universally praised though).
    I LOVE Morrison but I can understand if his writing is not someones cup of Earl Grey.