Page 69 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa’s iconic stories and rogues will be stolen and refitted for inferior side characters who will anchor the franchise for a decade+. You think they won’t use Achebe just because Boseman is dead lol? They barely altered their schedule for this franchise through all their heartbreak, everything that made T’Challa great is gonna be given to other characters like the first movie gave us a glimpse of. As far as Disney is concerned they have free reign to tell stories with Achebe and any other arcs centered around T’Challa because the franchise is big enough to continue on without him but not his source material. But let Feige tell it and BP has always been about the extensive world of characters from Wakanda so nothing of too much value was lost with T’Challa gone.

The Client can easily be turned into a War Dog show headlined by Nakia. They have World of Wakanda and A Nation Under Our Feet to explore the complexities of the Dora, all that’s required is some major status quo shift in BP2 (Wakanda gets attacked by Atlantis, Dora play a more rangr/paramilitary role in national defense). They’re not gonna let the internal logic of what was set up before impede their desire to build the world of Wakanda and much like with the comics Coogldr and his friends will have free reign to create their version of the kingdom as long as it doesn’t mess up Disney’s wider plans. I expect a lot of what he does to make its way back into the comics, both the good and the bad.
    So basically stealing the main character's mythos that has been built on for decades and giving it to a supporting character.

And people wonder why I'm mad lol.

From the way things are even though there is no route of quantifying my analysis and it just pure speculation on my part, it seems like the most people are in support of T'Challa not getting recast so why bother.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-02-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    There are many black actors out there that would jump at the chance. I don't know why we're trying to pretend as as if no one wants fame, money, or opportunity. They can do the movie and still respect Boseman it's not mutually exclusive so Johns statement about Chad beingnking is true, but it doesnt mean there are no more black kings in Hollywood. They Can play Tchalla the fictional hero and still consider Bozeman to be our hero In real life
    Like who? Which of these vague black actors do you know that want to do it? That "would jump at the chance" as you put it, because none of them have come forward. None of them have said anything about that. None of them are campaigning.

You want to know why? Because even if they actually wanted to play the part (which we don't know), none of them are stupid. They know damn well that if they publicly put it out there that they wanted it, they would face backlash from many people. Those of you that would be happy about a recast don't represent everyone else, and you may even be in a minority. And even if it was an equal split (which I don't think it is), that's more than enough discouragement. That's enough to tell their agents and Marvel to avoid the controversy.

All of these things you're saying are just projected and idealised notions onto people in an industry you're not part of because of what you want. Not every actor is in it for money and fame, and that isn't even guaranteed. If being Chadwick's replacement while honouring was as easy as you paint it out to be then why haven't any of these black actors said anything about it? Why haven't they protested Marvel's decision? Why aren't they putting their names out there? Answer me that.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 02-02-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Like who? Which of these vague black actors do you know that want to do it? That "would jump at the chance" as you put it, because none of them have come forward. None of them have said anything about that. None of them are campaigning.

You want to know? Because even if they actually wanted to play the part (which we don't know), none of them are stupid. They know damn well that if they publicly put it out there that they wanted it, they would face backlash from many people. Those of you that would be happy about a recast don't represent everyone else, and you may even be in a minority. And even if it was an equal split (which I don't think it is), that's more than enough discouragement. That's enough to tell their agents and Marvel to avoid the controversy.

All of these things you're saying are just projected and idealized notions onto people in an industry you're not part of because of what you want. Not every actor is in it for money and fame, and that isn't even guaranteed. If being Chadwick's replacement while honouring was as easy as you paint it out to be then why haven't any of these black actors said anything about it? Why haven't they protested Marvel's decision? Why aren't they putting their names out there? Answer me that.
    I think it is hard for a lot of people in here to hear this but:

T'challa doesn't really matter to a vast majority of people.

So, it is hard for people in here, who for the most part are fans of T'challa and have been for years, to try and think like an "average" person.

My fear, as someone that ONLY cared about T'challa in the comics, was always that "Wakanda" would become bigger than T'challa and T'challa would start to fade into the background. Which is why I always pushed back against the idea that Wakanda matters at all. Hence the, "kill 10,000 wakandans for one T'challa feat" quote I made many of times. Hence why I never really cared about Wakandan redshirts being used for fodder in IW. Who cares, they don't mean anything to me... T'challa does.

This is basically the worst fear for that and it happened in a way that you can justify it pretty easily because the situation is so shitty.

Hell, look in this very thread thta is labeled "T'challa." Half are pissed and don't wan to move on, and the other half is "just deal with it, go support black people/shuri/wakanda!" AND THIS IS A FAN NICHE THREAD!

If it is that divided in this sort of thread, it is overwhelming in the "real" world that people don't want ot recast.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

So, it is hard for people in here, who for the most part are fans of T'challa and have been for years, to try and think like an "average" person.

My fear, as someone that ONLY cared about T'challa in the comics, was always that "Wakanda" would become bigger than T'challa and T'challa would start to fade into the background. Which is why I always pushed back against the idea that Wakanda matters at all. Hence the, "kill 10,000 wakandans for one T'challa feat" quote I made many of times. Hence why I never really cared about Wakandan redshirts being used for fodder in IW. Who cares, they don't mean anything to me... T'challa does.

This is basically the worst fear for that and it happened in a way that you can justify it pretty easily because the situation is so shitty.

Hell, look in this very thread thta is labeled "T'challa." Half are pissed and don't wan to move on, and the other half is "just deal with it, go support black people/shuri/wakanda!" AND THIS IS A FAN NICHE THREAD!

If it is that divided in this sort of thread, it is overwhelming in the "real" world that people don't want ot recast.
    Most of the people telling fans to get over it don’t post here regularly or are trolls. This thread skews heavily towards recasting and remains salty about it. Twitter is a different beast altogether but there are many websites and social media platforms where the response to Disney’s choices have been more mixed. And there’s no telling what people who aren’t posting online feel about not recasting. But it goes without saying that time heals all wounds and even casuals who aren’t as interested in the IP without T’Challa will get over it (as they would’ve done had Disney recasted). We’ll see how future projects perform without T’Challa and if engagement among general audiences is the same.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-02-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

That might be a part of it but I just think the biggest thing is that there is tragedy involved, and no actor right now wants to associate themselves with that in a controversial way. If Chadwick hadn't unfortunately passed and just walked away from the role, it would be a completely different matter. Unless the reason for walking away was for something terrible, we would definitely see actors throwing their hats into the ring and Marvel would for sure recast. But this is completely different. This is the lead actor of a monumental and groundbreaking franchise with such an iconic portrayal dying. This is a young actor dying as his career just began to take off. It's way too tragic for some other actor to just come in and Marvel to act like nothing happened.

Yes, they can do it coming from a place of respect but that is still very difficult to do. It's a very difficult thing for a megacorporation like Disney and Marvel to sell to the public that it's out of respect. Nobody believes Disney and Marvel pump out these billion dollar grossing year after year for the advancement of art, for the approval of comic book fans or for the upliftment of black people. They sell these movies to everyone to make as much money as possible. Any other thing that comes alongside that is just a bonus and we all just go along with it because we actually enjoy the movies. They aren't about to change that for a small group of people when it seems like the majority is looking the other way.

That might be a part of it but I just think the biggest thing is that there is tragedy involved, and no actor right now wants to associate themselves with that in a controversial way. If Chadwick hadn't unfortunately passed and just walked away from the role, it would be a completely different matter. Unless the reason for walking away was for something terrible, we would definitely see actors throwing their hats into the ring and Marvel would for sure recast. But this is completely different. This is the lead actor of a monumental and groundbreaking franchise with such an iconic portrayal dying. This is a young actor dying as his career just began to take off. It's way too tragic for some other actor to just come in and Marvel to act like nothing happened.

Yes, they can do it coming from a place of respect but that is still very difficult to do. It's a very difficult thing for a megacorporation like Disney and Marvel to sell to the public that it's out of respect. Nobody believes Disney and Marvel pump out these billion dollar grossing year after year for the advancement of art, for the approval of comic book fans or for the upliftment of black people. They sell these movies to everyone to make as much money as possible. Any other thing that comes alongside that is just a bonus and we all just go along with it because we actually enjoy the movies. They aren't about to change that for a small group of people when it seems like the majority is looking the other way.
    Only way T'challa ever comes back to the MCU is if BP2 borderline bombs (aka like Dr Strange).

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

BP2 be damned!
    My more immediate and hand-wringing concern is why in Bast's name have they not released any information on whether or not BP will continue under a new creative team come May 2021?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    BP2 be damned!
    My more immediate and hand-wringing concern is why in Bast's name have they not released any information on whether or not BP will continue under a new creative team come May 2021?
    Back to the pre-MCU dark days we go lol

Only way T'challa ever comes back to the MCU is if BP2 borderline bombs (aka like Dr Strange).
    How was Dr. Strange a borderline bomb?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL...compared to what we have now, those days are twilight. And I'll take it, if only for a short while. So as to cleanse myself of the filth that is current BP.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    How was Dr. Strange a borderline bomb?
    I meant dr strange type sales, sorry for the confusion.

Going from 1.3 billion to 675 million would be a catastrophe business wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL...compared to what we have now, those days are twilight. And I'll take it, if only for a short while. So as to cleanse myself of the filth that is current BP.
    Maybe, but during the same period, thanks to the MCU popularity, we got stuff like Ghost Panther, Rise of the Black Panther, BP vs DP, T'challa leading the Avengers, T'challa being part of the plant people event, and such.

This is a very idealistic view on things. How many of these "talented young actors" would actually want to do it right now? How many of them right now would want to step into Chadwick's shoes?

And before someone mentions John David Washington:

Do I want a recast? Yes, more than anything I want to see T'Challa continue on the big screen in the MCU. However, what we want doesn't always equal what we can get.
    All this does is simply reinforce why marvel should of delayed the movie and went to a D + show instead. But they waited all of 3 months before announcing the movies to continue and the date of T'Challa is unknown entirely but made clear he is NOT continuing on. Maybe not be killed on or off screen, but he ain't around.

So now they have this awkward phase where none of the characters are developed enough or have anything to draw from the comics to really actually do a show or movie, they backed themselves into a corner because all the stories in the franchise center around T'Challa except for a few very weak stories. All of the supporting cast members outside of T'Challa and Erik, klaw, and Ramonda are essentially new characters. And I expect they will receive alot of hell if they claim to be "respectful" While taking T'Challas stories and adapting them to the supporting cast. Sturm, eots, Namor, Doom etc those stories absolutely do not work with T'Challas cast at all.

Really this is a giant mess of a situation that I feel was made in haste when feelings were still raw, mixed with greed, and has a very real potential to remove a very much needed and historically rich and important Black male role model, under the guise of respect, his nation being more important/ always the focus, and greed.

It's a ishtty situation even if they did recast, however, it's Been made shittier due to the retrofitting and faux notion that Wakanda is bigger than T'Challa and that it's always been the case when history shows it's been T'Challa from day one who has held the mythos afloat and kept it out of limbo
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-02-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

wicked snowstorm outside right now, so just spending the day re-reading comics

have a handful on the table, including the first two volumes of Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and Hudlin’s Who is The Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    All this does is simply reinforce why marvel should of delayed the movie and went to a D + show instead. But they waited all of 3 months before announcing the movies to continue and the date of T'Challa is unknown entirely but made clear he is NOT continuing on. Maybe not be killed on or off screen, but he ain't around.

So now they have this awkward phase where none of the characters are developed enough or have anything to draw from the comics to really actually do a show or movie, they backed themselves into a corner because all the stories in the franchise center around T'Challa except for a few very weak stories. All of the supporting cast members outside of T'Challa and Erik, klaw, and Ramonda are essentially new characters. And I expect they will receive alot of hell if they claim to be "respectful" While taking T'Challas stories and adapting them to the supporting cast. Sturm, eots, Namor, Doom etc those stories absolutely do not work with T'Challas cast at all.

Really this is a giant mess of a situation that I feel was made in haste when feelings were still raw, mixed with greed, and has a very real potential to remove a very much needed and historically rich and important Black male role model, under the guise of respect, his nation being more important/ always the focus, and greed.

It's a ishtty situation even if they did recast, however, it's Been made shittier due to the retrofitting and faux notion that Wakanda is bigger than T'Challa and that it's always been the case when history shows it's been T'Challa from day one who has held the mythos afloat and kept it out of limbo
    All I can say is that if Black Panther 2 backfires on them, this could very well end up being The Last Jedi of the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"