Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I thought Caliban dying before Logan learned he was still alive kinda sucked. He never got the chance to save the guy. If his powers wasn't decaying I'm sure he would have smelled him near by when the Reavers showed up at the farm.
    I dont think they were all that close. I mean chuck and logan were gonna get a boat and leave him behind. But i mean he must have cared for him to some degree but it wasnt a big deal for me. It was more about Caliban atoning for his past, soemthing logan is always doing nd charles aswell even if he didnt remember untill right b4 he died what he had done(really not his fault). I liked Caliban in this he was more inline calibanish then the weird **** we got in apocalypse. Woulda been cool if everyone in theyre got afraid when wolverine and X23 come and caliban feeds off it and beats put. Though thats more of a fan fiction thing id just think would be cool but would definetly not fit or help in this movie. Just wanted to see that predator version of Caliban who feeds on fear for a second given how he was treated by everyone, even chuck calling him "That fu**ing albino"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel that X-24 should have been Sabertooth.
    I agree

They needed a bigger threat the. The reavers who were basically soldiers. So I had no problem with Logan going against "a younger stronger him"

Creed would have been better

My god the nitpicking!!!! In this thread

And thanks, Seinfeld, for convincing Jackman to quit lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I dont think they were all that close. I mean chuck and logan were gonna get a boat and leave him behind. But i mean he must have cared for him to some degree but it wasnt a big deal for me. It was more about Caliban atoning for his past, soemthing logan is always doing nd charles aswell even if he didnt remember untill right b4 he died what he had done(really not his fault). I liked Caliban in this he was more inline calibanish then the weird **** we got in apocalypse. Woulda been cool if everyone in theyre got afraid when wolverine and X23 come and caliban feeds off it and beats put. Though thats more of a fan fiction thing id just think would be cool but would definetly not fit or help in this movie. Just wanted to see that predator version of Caliban who feeds on fear for a second given how he was treated by everyone, even chuck calling him "That fu**ing albino"
    Logan cared enough about him to demand what Pierce did with him. It leads me to believe he would have helped him if had known he was still alive.

Logan blew away the Domestic and International Box Office estimates. Long live comic book movies!

At the end when wolverine says so this is what this feels like. Was he reffering to the relationship with Laura or (the way i took it) dying since you know he never could.

At the end when he says that, my immediate thought was that he was referring to dying. For me, it wasn't about love because I think he knows that feeling (Jean).

He could have been referring to the feeling of being loved by someone else. Hadn't really considered that at the time. Seems overly sentimental, though, and unlikely to me.

So glad I saw this on opening weekend, with a bunch of people who were seeing it for the first time. Everyone was so engaged in the movie.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-06-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Good movie overall, but damn, it's gonna be hard to care about future X-Men movies when you know, no matter what, it'll end in Professor X killing everyone, virtually all mutants being wiped out, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good movie overall, but damn, it's gonna be hard to care about future X-Men movies when you know, no matter what, it'll end in Professor X killing everyone, virtually all mutants being wiped out, etc.
    That have multiple times lines going now. Just think of this movie as a stand alone or part of the wolverine triology, cause **** from his movies nevera dd up with the others. Still not sure how he got his claws coated adamantium again after the Wolverine. Maybe magneto did it for him lol i have no clue how the time line works. Who cares logan was the type of movie we need more of imo. Character driven and had real stakes

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I just rewatched the Weapon X scene in Apocalypse and noticed that there are scientists in the room where Wolverine slaughters everyone in it. Well played.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    My god the nitpicking!!!! In this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I agree

They needed a bigger threat the. The reavers who were basically soldiers. So I had no problem with Logan going against "a younger stronger him"

Creed would have been better
    ...?

Movie was pretty good. Best of the solo Wolverine movies without a doubt (it'd probably be a tie if The Wolverine didn't **** itself in the last act). However, my boyfriend and I saw it Saturday and we haven't even talked about it, like we do with other movies. Not even a simple mention of "that scene was pretty cool".

Did they say what slowed down wolverine healing factor? Was it age or whatever theyre putting in food to get rid of the xgene?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Did they say what slowed down wolverine healing factor? Was it age or whatever theyre putting in food to get rid of the xgene?
    I think it was a combination of those and his adamantium poisoning his system.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

What do we think about X-23 carrying a franchise?

I personally don't see it. Maybe if they didn't kill Logan in this one.

But X-23 and... Rictor with assorted randos are not carrying the franchise in the future by themselves. Going to need some big guns in the future.

Funny I am kinda annoyed that Black Family got slaughtered like that. On the other hand they account for better characterization then all the POC characters in the X-men Movies but together so far. So props for that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    What do we think about X-23 carrying a franchise?
    I want X-23 to take Logan's place in the franchise. If Fox doesn't want to recast Wolverine than Laura would make a fine replacement character.