Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

New trailer for the upcoming movie.

It looks pretty darn epic, and it seems like the entire class is going to have their moment to shine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Before we get into the new chapter, we also get reveal for this year's Popularity Poll!

Attachment 90252

Bakugo coming in at #1 again, and pretty much doubling Midoryia's numbers, is still so insane to me with just how popular he really is. The usual suspects from pretty much every year are still here (the Big 3, Kirishima, Iida, Uraraka, Aizawa, and Momo). Last year's big surprise rankers have dropped out of Top 10, Endeavor (which I'm surprised he didn't end up remaining in some way), Hawks (which was a huge shock considering he jumped all the way up to #4 after less than 10 appearances), and Best Jeanist (which I still have no idea how he made it up so high in the first place, what happened??). Now we got Shigaraki and Toga, making their way up here for the first time (all thanks to My Villain Academia)
    Though I can't help but notice Shiggy turning his back to everyone...what are you hiding, or are you just that shy
    I'm glad that Uraraka got back into the top ten after missing out last time.

But I agree that the absences of Endeavor and Hawks is quite surprising. And those numbers for Bakugo are still so surprising to me.

And I do love all the redesigns the characters' costumes have on this page. All the extra details just look rad as all get out.
    For the actual chapter itself, another short one not too much new going on, just setting up for what looks to be an eventual payoff and getting some feels in there.

spoilers:
    Gran Torino asks Aizawa and Mic to try and communicate with Kurogiri, as they believe some of Shirakumo's personality and character may have remained in tact and thus could be reasoned with (considering High-End had similar traits to the man it was created from).

We get some flashbacks of the 3 in their past both before and after Shirakumo's death. Aizawa at first doesn't believe talking will do any difference, and Mic can't even believe they're the same in the first place, but once Kurogiri starts asking about Shigaraki, he breaks down and eventually starts to plead with him to try and remember who he is, talking about the deep relationship the 3 had, to Kurogiri's seemingly confusion. Crying Aizawa is not something I was expecting.

We also get to see a brief glimpse of Class 2-A, Aizawa's previous class in which he had famously expelled. Turns out he wanted to be able to expel and re-enroll the students as a test so they can experience what it means to fail or "die", inspiring them to try harder. We also get to hear the conflicting feelings regarding it, as some believe it helped them be better in the long run, while others felt its not worth it compared to the ramifications it could cause them in the future.

As for what's going to happen to Kurogiri, what I feel like they might go with is him remembering, or at least being aware, that he is Shirakumo, but still refusing to betray the villains or reunite with his old friends, because that's not who he is anymore, which probably would end up being more devastating to Aizawa and Mic than if he didn't remember in the first place.
    end of spoilers
    Horikoshi, my man, we know that Aizawa is a giant softie with a tough exterior. You don't need to remind us of this in a way that makes me cry!

spoilers:
    I think that it's going to take a lot more to reach Shirakumo, if he's even in there. High-End only had the most basic instinct of wanting to fight strong opponents, while Kurogiri is a completely new personality. We also don't know if High-End's previous body was alive when he was turned or not. Shirakumo was a corpse that All For One and the doctor revived and experimented on (not necessarily in that order). This encouter might scratch something within him but not enough to break anything yet.

The truth about the expelled students was an actual surprise. I thought for sure he was strict enough to just get rid of those he figured wouldn't be able to cut it. And this isn't the first time somebody has questioned Aizawa's caculated deceptions (Iida did it too when it was announced that the whole class would go to the training camp). I wonder if Aizawa will go too far at some point with this teaching style.

That last page is so effective in breaking your heart since I don't think we've ever seen Aizawa be this emotionally vulnerable ever.
    end of spoilers

The new trailer is really hyping Nine up, hopefully it will be good. Still haven't watched Two heroes yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Horikoshi, my man, we know that Aizawa is a giant softie with a tough exterior. You don't need to remind us of this in a way that makes me cry!

spoilers:
    I think that it's going to take a lot more to reach Shirakumo, if he's even in there. High-End only had the most basic instinct of wanting to fight strong opponents, while Kurogiri is a completely new personality. We also don't know if High-End's previous body was alive when he was turned or not. Shirakumo was a corpse that All For One and the doctor revived and experimented on (not necessarily in that order). This encouter might scratch something within him but not enough to break anything yet.

The truth about the expelled students was an actual surprise. I thought for sure he was strict enough to just get rid of those he figured wouldn't be able to cut it. And this isn't the first time somebody has questioned Aizawa's caculated deceptions (Iida did it too when it was announced that the whole class would go to the training camp). I wonder if Aizawa will go too far at some point with this teaching style.

That last page is so effective in breaking your heart since I don't think we've ever seen Aizawa be this emotionally vulnerable ever.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like with how this series has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Aizawa ultimately gets put in "the right" regarding his questionable decisions, since alot of times you do see characters whose actions are criticized by others, but then are proven to be right in the grand scheme of things (see Bakugo, Endeavor, and Nighteye as similar examples). I do hope there are some lasting consequences regarding Aizawa's actions, since the former 3's best character moments are when they're dealing with some sense of repercussions.

I could see Aizawa facing a sense of doubt, as we know his strictness towards the students is all derived from his guilt regarding Shirakumo's death, so maybe his ghost coming back and haunting him as the evil black fog may lead him to question himself. Or perhaps like you said, go even further and go too far.
    end of spoilers

New trailer for the upcoming movie.

It looks pretty darn epic, and it seems like the entire class is going to have their moment to shine.
    Yeah, its great to see a much greater emphasis on the rest of the class and having them take part in the action this time around. I'm excited to see where Midoryia and Bakugo's relationship is gonna go in the film, since they're gonna be at the centre. Also got some really cool designs for Nine and his group of villains. Especially Not Medusa and Mummy Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The new trailer is really hyping Nine up, hopefully it will be good. Still haven't watched Two heroes yet
    Two Heroes is a really fun movie. It's basically My Hero Academia meets Die Hard. Story is very plain and simple, but makes up for it with some of the best character interactions, and some of the best action in the series. The climax alone may be the best fight yet.

Extraordinary Member

Saw a translation of a Horikoshi interview on twitter where he addresses a few interesting things like creating Deku and Bakugo, the role of familys in the series and relationships between the characters.

Here's a link: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...77073166544898

A few highlights.

- He notes that he finds it strange that Bakugo is so popular despite being so horrible when the manga first started, but he's also aware that there's a lot of people that really hate the character too
    - He thinks that Bakugo needs to apologize before he can be properly forgiven.
    - Kirishima, Kaminari and Mina are the easiest to use to create scenarios where the class is just hanging out since they often take the initiative.

So at least he's cognizant that Bakugo hasn't redeemed himself really and agrees that he's got a lot of work to do. I still kinda wish he could show that in Deku and Bakugo relationship more, cause it feels like we've jumped a few steps already.

Saw a translation of a Horikoshi interview on twitter where he addresses a few interesting things like creating Deku and Bakugo, the role of familys in the series and relationships between the characters.

A few highlights.

- He notes that he finds it strange that Bakugo is so popular despite being so horrible when the manga first started, but he's also aware that there's a lot of people that really hate the character too
    - Kirishima, Kaminari and Mina are the easiest to use to create scenarios where the class is just hanging out since they often take the initiative.

So at least he's cognizant that Bakugo hasn't redeemed himself really and agrees that he's got a lot of work to do. I still kinda wish he could show that in Deku and Bakugo relationship more, cause it feels like we've jumped a few steps already.
    Yeah, it's good to hear that even he believes Bakugo really still needs to grow. After the previous interview where he stated he thought he went too far making Bakugo unlikable, and after the Deku Vs. Kacchan 2 fight, it seemed like that was the most of an understanding the two were gonna get, so I like that he does have more of an awareness regarding what else the character needs to achieve.

The fact that he mentions that he feels he needs to apologize, does make me believe he has plans for that to happen at some point, presumably in the distant future.

A few highlights.

Good to see Bakugo may get a redemption arc, well if Endevour could get one, anyone could

New chapter, mostly just resolving the previous one and giving us some more extra clues. (Also will be skipping next week for Christmas)

spoilers:
    Aizawa continues screaming at Kurogiri to make him remember, when suddenly the face of Shirakumo briefly emerges from within Kurogiri's dark cloud only managing to say "Hospital" before shutting down.

As Aizawa and Mic leave, we see a brief flashback from Gran Torino and All For One, who compares creating the Nomu into making wine, his way of being able to enjoy the flavours.

The Detective sends the message up the chain, which eventually reaches Hawks (who's trying to educate Twice on what Liberation means), who says that "The pieces are now in place."

Lastly we see how Tomura's experimental process is going and it's...something all right, with both him and the Doctor laughing maniacally at how perfect it's all going. A being of ultimate power with full sense of self intact.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    These four months are moving at quite a pace. It should be interesting to see if Shirakumo will ever return or is Kurogiri going to remain the dominant mind.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    The whole Shirakumo/Kurogiri situation is interesting and all, but the entire chapter was stolen by that last panel for me.

It's just such a perfectly beautiful and creepy and awesome and haunting image of mad science body horror. And the doctor's and Shigaraki's sheer glee and what's going on is equally enticing.

What an image to end the year on for the series.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The whole Shirakumo/Kurogiri situation is interesting and all, but the entire chapter was stolen by that last panel for me.

It's just such a perfectly beautiful and creepy and awesome and haunting image of mad science body horror. And the doctor's and Shigaraki's sheer glee and what's going on is equally enticing.

What an image to end the year on for the series.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Shigaraki getting more powerful and you're going, I can wait for the next chapter. Then you see it's not for two weeks Aggh!
    end of spoilers

He's the narrator, but this isn't a thing where the whole story is told from his perspective so the only things we see in the series are the things he knows or will know, which the story has already proven to be untrue given all the times it cuts to other characters and subplots.

Before we get into the new chapter, we also get reveal for this year's Popularity Poll!

Attachment 90252

Bakugo coming in at #1 again, and pretty much doubling Midoryia's numbers, is still so insane to me with just how popular he really is. The usual suspects from pretty much every year are still here (the Big 3, Kirishima, Iida, Uraraka, Aizawa, and Momo). Last year's big surprise rankers have dropped out of Top 10, Endeavor (which I'm surprised he didn't end up remaining in some way), Hawks (which was a huge shock considering he jumped all the way up to #4 after less than 10 appearances), and Best Jeanist (which I still have no idea how he made it up so high in the first place, what happened??). Now we got Shigaraki and Toga, making their way up here for the first time (all thanks to My Villain Academia)
    Though I can't help but notice Shiggy turning his back to everyone...what are you hiding, or are you just that shy
    Bakugo popularity is not surprising when you consider is sort of twist on main Shonen hero formula He is literally Asta, Naturo, Natsu,etc with crappy attitude. He has all of the keys traits they have except he is an a-hole. Under that lens his popularity makes sense people can kinda see the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Bakugo popularity is not surprising when you consider is sort of twist on main Shonen hero formula He is literally Asta, Naturo, Natsu,etc with crappy attitude. He has all of the keys traits they have except he is an a-hole. Under that lens his popularity makes sense people can kinda see the end result.
    I don't even think its necessarily the Shonen trope inversion the reason why he's so popular, I think it's mainly the Vegeta/Sasuke approach, that anime/manga fans just REALLY love the a-hole rivals. Given characters like those's popularity, Bakugo's isn't a surprise in that aspect, I just mostly mean I'm always surprised those characters are so popular in general because they've never been of my personal taste. Vegeta and Bakugo are at their best to me when used for comedic effect, and I've only been able to actually stand Sasuke in Boruto, when he's effectively a different character.

BANNED

I just ordered all 22 volumes of my hero academia and vigilantes mini series of 6 volumes. I can't wait for them to arrive.

Got SMASH! Vol 2 and School Briefs Vol 3 for Christmas, so going to have some Hero Reading