Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Yay! Namor! I will have to buy some boxes and hope I get lucky and find Namor too but I wouldn't mind a Doom also!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And Now We Have The Fourth and Final Unboxing (*trumpet fanfare)

And it's NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER !!!

Hey, looks like we have a special guest appearance by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, accompanied by a Doombot that apparently took a severe blow to the head

So, I struck out on getting Doctor Doom but I'll take this with no complaints. Namor is a 1/24 so he's a more difficult figure to get and now I have half of my Super-Villain Team-Up.

THE QUEST CONTINUES!
    Yesssssss!!!

I'm glad you at least got a Namor. He's adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I wish you luck for your quest, Iron Maiden!

Following the unboxing was quite intense !... Loved it. So one human torch, half a super-villain team up squad, and a full set of Things for a remake of This Man This Monster : not bad! (And now I also imagine full stories with Elvira and Doombot.. )
    I agree. The slow unboxing was a lot of fun. Thanks, Iron Maiden! Also thank you Doom Maiden to sharing your pulls. Getting to see them 'in person from your changed my mind on buying these minis. I'm going to try a few boxes. I'd LOVE to get the entire FF plus Doom and Namor, of course.

Glad you got a kick out of the unboxing. I do have to keep an eye on Elvira. She has been flirting with Namor!
    LOL! They are both ... free spirits.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Anyone following the Robot Revolution? We've seen an emancipated H.E.R.B.I.E already, are Doombots insulated from something like this? I hope Doom and his 'bots (especially Doombot from Avengers A.I.) will be involved, and we get to see Doom interact with Arno Stark.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Anyone following the Robot Revolution? We've seen an emancipated H.E.R.B.I.E already, are Doombots insulated from something like this? I hope Doom and his 'bots (especially Doombot from Avengers A.I.) will be involved, and we get to see Doom interact with Arno Stark.
    I would like to think that the average Doombot is smart enough not to get involved in this half-assed robot uprising. Machine Man and his gang of losers are not Skynet and they never will be. As always, let the rest of the world go through a pointless political upheaval while Latveria (with its Doombots) remains steadfast and undiminished.

iMan 42s

I haven't been to the comic shop yet (isn't new comic day Wednesday?) but I don't think they even defined what robot rights even are to be taking them away from machines over in Iron man. No seriously, outside of Jocasta getting pissy over some things I'm not under the impression it was brought up in a capacity that we could know definitively what is getting taken from them that they'd be up in arms over it. Maybe I have to re-read some of the book but I wasn't under the impression what legislation exists or didn't to define what machines get rights and how they're bestowed. I don't know how or why it would even apply to Latveria who'd have different laws and with machines that are built to stand-in for Doom, but that's about it. Sometimes they're a little too well built but I don't know why they would care since in Doom's absence they've got the run of the place anyways.

Unless it's gotten an info dump in the tie-ins or Iron man 2020 it's just another example of Slott bringing something up which is deep and not doing the work to explain why it is.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I confess I haven't been buying as many titles just on spec to see if they are interesting. Prices are getting out of hand IMO. But out of curiosity, where is this Robot Revolution taking place? And did anyone check out my litte roundup of Doombots in the 12 Days of Santa Doom? (post #26)

We know of at least 3 Doombots that lead or have lead a life of their own. Walt Simonson was the one that put it out there that Doom was not always on Earth after Secret Wars. Doom's original body was destroyed and the Doombots replaced him with Kristoff. I get a bit hazy on the timeline there because Doom does get his body restored by the Beyonder towards the end of Byrne's run. But Byrne would not be around to write the story when Doom returns to the throne, which would come a couple of years later. During Englehart's run, Kristoff and Quicksilver are both being held in confinement in the FF's HQ. This was when Englehart made this half baked attempt to turn Quicksilver evil. Doom would (or if you prefer a Doombot. Simonson would leave it up to the reader) would struggle with Kristoff over the throne, finally succeeding in FF#350.

It is my theory that this Doombot that would try to overthrow Kristoff is the Doombot we see at the end of Books of Doom. Doom had expressed an interest in keeping it around after he had restored Kristoff and he was no longer influenced by the effects of the Remembrancer.

The other two robots I mention in the post are the one seen in GwenPool who lives as a human under the name Vincent Doonan and then of course there is the wonderfully eccentric Doombot in Runaways, who was formerly a member of Avengers A.I. Both of them are aware of being Doombots. The third one being kept in a cell in Books of Doom is not.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-07-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Great News.....I was able to find some Funko Fantastic Four Mystery Minis while shopping at the mall late yesterday afternoon. So there will be ANOTHER UNBOXING
    I tried the FYE store first and they didn't have any new Marvel products there. The store is going under some after holiday clearance but not any of the new Funkos. They were running a clearance on current stock though and there were numerous unopened shipping boxes stacked in the back. So that will warrant another visit.
    The first batch of the Minis I bought online because the mall gets so crazy at Christmas. At the store I struck gold so to speak. They had just about all of the regular sized Fantastic Four Funkos plus to add to the incentive there was a buy one, get the 2nd at half price sale there. So I got a Doctor Doom that I can keep out of the box (although they repack very easily) and for the second one I picked the Silver Surfer.

Here is the new Doctor Doom next to the one I got about 3 or 4 years ago. I think it was produced in 2015 and there were variants like Metallic Doom and Black & White Doom. I did see the metallic one but passed on it at the time. Of course when I went back it was gone.

Here is the older one (on the left) and the new one

Now for the unboxing!!

View from the back

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-07-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh that's awesome stuff Iron Maiden! I've been trying to get a Doom Marvel Legends figure but no store in my area is carrying them or even have the option to preorder/order them! I'll have to buy it online then and no Target near me says they have the mystery blind figures either ): At least my Doom funko is on its way
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh that's awesome stuff Iron Maiden! I've been trying to get a Doom Marvel Legends figure but no store in my area is carrying them or even have the option to preorder/order them! I'll have to buy it online then and no Target near me says they have the mystery blind figures either ): At least my Doom funko is on its way
    I would say to everyone that wants to get these to try out the BoxLunch Marvel section of Funko Pops at their online store They are running a sale now

And now for the FIRST of THREE FANTASTIC FOUR MYSTERY MINIS OF THE DAY!

Doctor Doom's Doombot is assisting in the unboxing and now Ragnarok Thor has joined the others on stage...

AND IT's SILVER SURFER !

Darn, but it's funny because for my half price Funko yesterday I picked the Silver Surfer shown here.

Two More Boxes to go! Be back later

BANNED

The funkopop cool but I just say that's a great art print behind it. Do you know if it's an original peice or related to a specific book run? The character designs seem old school but the line work and colours are clearly modern

Thanks Kintor! I picked up that art print from the colorist himself, Paul Mounts, at C2E2 maybe 5-6 years ago. I have to frame that one day. I keep that boxed up but brought it out to make a background for the photo. It is a variant cover for Fantastic Four #583 which I was also able to get.

AND NOW FOR THE SECOND UNBOXING.........

IT'S GALACTUS, DEVOURER OF WORLDS

Wow......I got one of the more rare figures again. Galactus is a 1/36. I like that I have only got one duplicate so far. Somehow I think that if Doom were 1/36 I wouldn't have been this lucky!

One more box to go
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-07-2020 at 02:23 PM.

AND NOW TO REVEAL THE CONTENTS OF THE THIRD AND FINAL BOX

Just to verify that the seal had not been broken.....

It's... THE ACCURSED RICHARDS!!!!

oh well, at least it's not a duplicate. And it's the rare one according to the chart.

THE QUEST CONTINUES (probably next week)
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-07-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

AND NOW TO REVEAL THE CONTENTS OF THE THIRD AND FINAL BOX

Just to verify that the seal had not been broken.....

Its... THE ACCURSED RICHARDS!!!!

oh well, at least it's not a duplicate. And it's the rare one according to the chart.

THE QUEST CONTINUES (probably next week)
    LOL! The Accursed Richards! I love how Doom appears to be peering over the box at the freshly revealed figures.

Getting both Galactus and Silver Surfer is a nice pull. And now all you need is a Sue to have the whole F4. Sweet!

What a great unboxing. Thank you, again, Iron Maiden.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

You're welcome and I hope everyone found it entertaining. I was surprised at getting a couple of the more rare ones. Makes me wonder how accurate that chart is on the box.

I hope you start on your quest for Namor and let us know in your Namor thread how that goes. He's a fierce looking little fellow!

I will keep trying for Doom or at least for Susan but will wait a while. She is a 1/6 so my odds should be pretty good.

It was very entertaining, Iron Maiden, thanks for sharing! I checked the first one yesterday evening before going to sleep and just discovered the 2nd and the 3rd this morning while drinking my coffee. No Doom yet... but a Galactus is very cool! I wish you luck for the next time!

About the new books, my impressions about Savage Avengers #9. I was happy to buy another issue featuring Kulan Gath of course - I guess that I'm probably still recovering from the reading of Marvel Team Up #79 (Spidey & Red Sonya/MJ...) thirty years ago... I can't say that it's the best comic book I've ever read or even the best I'veread this week, but it was quite fun and there are a few interesting panels or stuffs about Doom to make us talk later.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !