Default What to read: Eternals?

Yeah, so I've finished reading the Gaiman run and the subsequent Eternals series by Knauf.
    Are there any Eternals titles from the 2010s that I'm unaware of?

Hmm, is it really worth it?
    Anyways, thanks. wow, no Eternals in the 2010s. daaaaamn.

Mighty Member

They played a role in James Robinson's Invaders. He was working towards something bigger with them, but the book was cancelled and neither he or anyone else ever picked up the pieces. Unfortunately, as a whole, James Robinson didn't really leave a mark during his short marvel stint.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    They played a role in James Robinson's Invaders. He was working towards something bigger with them, but the book was cancelled and neither he or anyone else ever picked up the pieces. Unfortunately, as a whole, James Robinson didn't really leave a mark during his short marvel stint.
    Which is such a shame cause I liked what he was doing with Invaders in making the team contemporary (invading other worlds now) and he was making Jim Hammond interesting (thats a character I've always been interested in but in most of his stories I've read I haven't really been impressed). Plus it seems at least at the start Marvel was behind his run (I remember it being referred to as the flagship title of that particular period). Shame it didn't do better. I had high hopes. And his Nick Fury series with the amazing art was really fun too but that lasted even less time.

Fantastic Four Unlimited 10 (1995) Fantastic Four vs Eternal

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Could someone please tell my the best Eternals stories to read?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Could someone please tell my the best Eternals stories to read?
    Neil Gaimans is the best run to read, and I imagine will influence the film the most. Never read the Kirby run, though, would anyone here recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Neil Gaimans is the best run to read, and I imagine will influence the film the most. Never read the Kirby run, though, would anyone here recommend it?
    I liked Kirby's run better than the boring Gaiman run.

I would definitely recommend reading the Kirby run (and the Gillis/Simonson mini that came after it, to a lesser extent) to understand the beginnings of the characters.

What Gaiman did, while well-written, was a bit too much "scorched Earth" to really be a good introduction to the franchise. That being said, it was a LOT better than the rather painful-to-read New Eternals one-shot, even if it did have some funky character designs.