Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default October Sales Breakdown

Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Although DC put up a valiant effort with killer Metal sales, Marvel's Legacy relaunch, lenticular scam, and Star Wars inched them forward just enough to win in the end.

If Marvel (and DC, for that matter) would cancel their abysmally low-selling ongoings, they might have a chance in the coming months. Doomsday Clock and New Age of Heroes, along with the inevitable decline in Legacy sales just might tip the scales to DC's favor.

EDIT: Wow, there was some crazy drops in the Legacy titles.
    Deadpool- 94k->34k
    X-Men Gold- 82k->42k
    X-Men Blue- 71k->38k
    Amazing Spider-Man- 110k->53k
    Venom- 76k->26k
    Wolverine- 62k->29k
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 11-14-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Although DC put up a valiant effort with killer Metal sales, Marvel's Legacy relaunch, lenticular scam, and Star Wars inched them forward just enough to win in the end.

If Marvel (and DC, for that matter) would cancel their abysmally low-selling ongoings, they might have a chance in the coming months. Doomsday Clock and New Age of Heroes, along with the inevitable decline in Legacy sales just might tip the scales to DC's favor.
    OK. So what happens then?

Marvel will probably re-launch or something like that again. Then DC do the same and the cycle goes on and on.

BANNED

We will have Avengers No Surrender and Phoenix Ressurection. Marvel wil stay on top.

You should account for how much would be shipped of the Marvel comics that came in lenticular since they kind of did a shakedown to the retailers.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    We will have Avengers No Surrender and Phoenix Ressurection. Marvel wil stay on top.
    Not to mention DC wont have a dozen Batman related one-shots/minis anymore to boost them either.

Unless they do something like "Metal 2: Yet more Batman" or something like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Only through their usual game-baiting tactics. The stories will still be lame and predictable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Through their usual game-baiting tactics. The stories wil still be lame and predictable.
    don't read them then.

I think that Marvel have some very good comics. People still buy more Marvel books than DC books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Not to mention DC wont have a dozen Batman related one-shots/minis anymore to boost them either.

Unless they do something like "Metal 2: Yet more Batman" or something like that.
    I know you're being sarcastic but this is probably what DC is going to do next. If there is a lesson to be taken away from the current sales data it's that Batman sells comics. Even as the rest of the industry falls apart Batman's stranglehold on comic culture only strengthens. Once this whole Metal event has ended I'm sure that DC will be more than happy to create more Batman one-shots and spinoffs.

Forget the usual squabble over who sells more, DC or Marvel. The real shift in this industry is that we may soon have a month where Batman claims all top ten spots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic but this is probably what DC is going to do next. If there is a lesson to be taken away from the current sales data it's that Batman sells comics. Even as the rest of the industry falls apart Batman's stranglehold on comic culture only strengthens. Once this whole Metal event has ended I'm sure that DC will be more than happy to create more Batman one-shots and spinoffs.

Forget the usual squabble over who sells more, DC or Marvel. The real shift in this industry is that we may soon have a month where Batman claims all top ten spots.
    Yeah I wasnt really being sarcastic as much as pointing out exactly what you said here.

I just find it funny when people say stuff like "Marvel is only surviving because of Star wars" or " Why do we need 3 avengers books" when DC literaly puts out over a dozen related batman books in a month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post

Yes, the DC vs Marvel sales debate is tiresome. The real story in the October charts is how dramatically it shows how much DC has become the Batman Universe rather than the DC Universe. It's been their problem for awhile but Metal and the accompanying one-shots have really underlined it. A line that relies so heavily on one character is not a healthy line.

Not to mention the fact that they're not serving the character well, in my opinion. Having a series of one-shots in which we see dark, edgy, "extreme" variations on a character who's normal incarnation is already at parody levels on that count just seems like piling on the silliness. But whatever. That's what today's DC fan seems to want. It's as though their readership is comprised entirety of '90s teens.

But at the end of the day, DC's inability to build up their bench of characters past Batman in any significant way is definitely their greatest weakness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Yeah I wasnt really being sarcastic as much as pointing out exactly what you said here.

I just find it funny when people say stuff like "Marvel is only surviving because of Star wars" or " Why do we need 3 avengers books" when DC literaly puts out over a dozen related batman books in a month.
    To be fair the whole Batman vs Star Wars argument works because DC created Batman, Star Wars just fell into Marvel's lap thanks to Disney.

Up until the Disney take over Dark Horse was publishing Star Wars books, by all accounts they were doing a very good job of it as well. I've yet to see Marvel create any Star Wars books that can compare to Dark Empire or Star Wars: Legacy.

If Marvel and Disney keeps running Star Wars into the ground they'll eventually realise that readers can only be pushed so far before they turn away, even with their claws wrapped tightly around the Star Wars IP.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

EDIT: Wow, there was some crazy drops in the Legacy titles.
    Deadpool- 94k->34k
    X-Men Gold- 82k->42k
    X-Men Blue- 71k->38k
    Amazing Spider-Man- 110k->53k
    Venom- 76k->26k
    Wolverine- 62k->29k
    Oh boy, I got a feeling America is going to come crashing and burning in next month sales given where it was.

If Marvel's Legacy titles are going to drop back to their regular numbers after the lenticular issues, what was the point of the whole 100% of orders lenticular plan?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    If Marvel's Legacy titles are going to drop back to their regular numbers after the lenticular issues, what was the point of the whole 100% of orders lenticular plan?
    Deadpool improved his sales by 4 000 (before and after Legacy)
    X-men Blue and Gold +2000 and +200

but for most books... Legacy didn't improve sales