Page 560 of 719 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    So should we do like a small scene to check on what the characters at the Lookout are doing right now?
    No need. Cleric will take care of that if he needs to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Probably shouldn't be replacing ship parts during combat. Or at all really. Especially when you don't actually have schematics. And before you say 'I had Praxat make her own schematics'

... without taking apart the ship slowly, and very methodically. No. No you do not.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Probably shouldn't be replacing ship parts during combat. Or at all really. Especially when you don't actually have schematics. And before you say 'I had Praxat make her own schematics'

... without taking apart the ship slowly, and very methodically. No. No you do not.
    Yeah, I would atleast wait until the ship is actually damaged to try and jury rig things. It'd work better from a field medic--engineer angle--as opposed to doing it for the sake of. Things get damaged, and one tries to keep things in as close to optimal as one can, even if it means improvising.

Even for a talented, genius mechanic, the moment between replacing one part with another would have a tangible impact on the ship, if only during the exchange.

Given this ship is apparently advanced enough that Jinzi finds himself inspired, it's not exactly a minor task.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Yeah, I would atleast wait until the ship is actually damaged to try and jury rig things. It'd work better from a field medic--engineer angle--as opposed to doing it for the sake of. Things get damaged, and one tries to keep things in as close to optimal as one can, even if it means improvising.

Even for a talented, genius mechanic, the moment between replacing one part with another would have a tangible impact on the ship, if only during the exchange.

Given this ship is apparently advanced enough that Jinzi finds himself inspired, it's not exactly a minor task.
    Don't sugar coat it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I change it to where Praxat isn't do anything to the main cannon. and what about this my post to Tami which she reply to?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4537420

and in one post I had Praxat specifically uses her engineering analysis tool to do a full do a thorough analyzation of the GP Coldlight spaceship.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-28-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I change it to where Praxat isn't do anything to the main cannon. and what about this my post to Tami which she reply to?

and in one post I had Praxat specifically uses her engineering analysis tool to do a full do a thorough analyzation of the GP Coldlight spaceship.
    You may have to run it past Cleric.

That is not how it works. I'd give you that Praxat could copy how the ship looks but simply scanning and drawing what she sees would in no way tell her how the ship operates or how each piece of the ship works together.

She'd actually have to put the effort in to figure it out.

Arx Inosaan

That is not how it works. I'd give you that Praxat could copy how the ship looks but simply scanning and drawing what she sees would in no way tell her how the ship operates or how each piece of the ship works together.

She'd actually have to put the effort in to figure it out.

Actually I correct that mistake . So no Praxat does not have schematics of the GP Coldlight. She has a layout of the ship, basically a map of the ship's interior Which she drew.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Actually I correct that mistake . So no Praxat does not have schematics of the GP Coldlight. She has a layout of the ship, basically a map of the ship's interior Which she drew.

Though Praxat would try harder to change the laws of physics.

Praxat analyzation tools are for structural analysis and failure analysis. Their purpose is for checking to see if something needs maintenance. They can give Praxat a good layout of a machine, but they won't tell her how a machine operates.

To find out how a machine operates. Praxat has to dismantle a machine. Examining and analyzed each tiny part. Put each part though testing, and then reassemble the machine once the figures out how parts of the machine operate and work together.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-28-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    My Forum check it out

"...the Doctor was sloppy when he chose this place." Ishtar commented from over the man's shoulder.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley's got herself some brand new threads.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I'm glad Jinzi let Dash man the scanners. Doing so keeps her distracted enough from what is going on around her, keeps her busy enough not to dwell of how insane this mission might end up being.

What's the purpose of the high tech makeshift battle armor Praxat has on? Well, the armor's main purpose is to provide Praxat a way to temporary channel her electricity and convert it into long-range heat energy-based attacks.
    My Forum check it out

Been a while since we had a split-up sorta mission. How nostalgic.

Sound off where you wanna go, just for organization's sake:

Operation: Doctor

Ochazuke
    Karine
    Totoma
    Charco
    Erosa
    Held

Despair and Destroy

Aleka
    Blizzar
    Sarada
    Tasure
    Cthylla
    Althena
    Dash
    Hops

Demons' Quest

Ishtar
    Parsley
    Nevanlinna
    Etrina
    Sasheem
    Zaofan
    Praxat
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-31-2019 at 06:29 PM.