Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You just made me flash back to the ending of Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider. Thank you for that.
    Honestly I blame the rushed unsatisfying endings for 2099 and Scarlet Spider directly on him. He was given 37 and 25 issues respectively for both series, which considering them being more obscure lesser characters, that's really impressive. Yet he still dragged his feet with the plots going at a really slow pace, so when the time finally came up to end the series, instead of trying to wrap up his plot lines as best as he could, he got upset and said screw it, throwing the characters into a sudden position, seemingly to make them unable to be used again in their nature states...until Marvel says nah and just completely ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly I blame the rushed unsatisfying endings for 2099 and Scarlet Spider directly on him. He was given 37 and 25 issues respectively for both series, which considering them being more obscure lesser characters, that's really impressive. Yet he still dragged his feet with the plots going at a really slow pace, so when the time finally came up to end the series, instead of trying to wrap up his plot lines as best as he could, he got upset and said screw it, throwing the characters into a sudden position, seemingly to make them unable to be used again in their nature states...until Marvel says nah and just completely ignores it.
    I think that was more true for Scarlet Spider then 2099.

I think he gave Miguel a reasonable ending, or at least a stopping point, by the end even if it wasn't a clear Happy Ending.

Astonishing Member

PAD hasn’t had a great run of comics since his Captain Marvel in the early 2000s. I’ve never been as disappointed with a book as I was with his Scarlet Spider, because I expected so much more from him. He really phoned it in though, especially the last 5 issues or so.

Astonishing Member

You know in comic books, there's a writer rated as one of the top of a character but you disagree with that assessment? To me, that's PAD on Spider-Man.

Nick L has the energy of a hydrogen bomb.

Nick S lookin' hella fresh, as usual.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

This is the first time I am seeing nick spencer and that other guy. Also I see a Norman or maybe a Harry
    Last edited by Jman27; 11-05-2019 at 04:05 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Who is the woman in the Chameleon/Norman Osborn page?! Is she that symkarian countess?!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Ha, right about Nick Lowe! Hyping this even up the wazoo . But hey, it's working. And it was pretty unexpected no? Sure there was a tease in ASM #25, but it made me go "Huh. What's that all about?" Reading last issue (which by the way, Gleason is pretty amazing (no pun intended) as an artist), whetted the appetite. Watching the clip now? Man, I'm looking forward to this 2099 storyline!

Bring it on!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

I'm hyped! Gotta love Lowe's energy!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Who is the woman in the Chameleon/Norman Osborn page?! Is she that symkarian countess?!

Yes. She is currently under house arrest, but is trying to wrestle back control of Symkaria.

Anyway, really enjoyed this issue. Loving all the callbacks in this issue. Nick has done his homework.

Also, Chameleon is one sneaky bastard.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 11-06-2019 at 05:12 AM.

BANNED

This issue was much better than last one. More dense in terms of balancing stuff.

Only thing is, not sure where Cantwell's Doom series is placed. Either before or after.

I love stories where heroes end up aligned with Doom simply because the people against him are at the moment, bigger jerks than Victor himself.

And that Derrick guy and that "Clairvoyant" device...yep totally a bad guy. Nobody creates a device like that, boasts about it, and makes a pitch like that and amounts to a good guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I love stories where heroes end up aligned with Doom simply because the people against him are at the moment, bigger jerks than Victor himself.
    Well, there is still wriggle room for Doom to be a Doom-Bot. Although, given the accusations levelled against him (fanned by Chameleon no less), it would make sense for him to show up in person. **** will hit the fan if the assassination attempt on him fails. Moreso if he finds out it is part of a bigger scheme of the Baroness (Symkaria and Latvaria are close to war as it is).

I am just waiting to see what this special "ammo" is that Chameleon supplied Hitman with to use on Doom.

And yes, the "clairvoyant" is looking like it might be the reason why 2099 is in trouble (that and the assassination attempt on Doom). Plus, Derrick brings up a clever way to explain the inconsistencies between established 2099 lore and what we are seeing now. Basically the Clairvoyant peers across the various multiverses and gleams knowledge/commonalities in order to come up with the likeliest outcome. So, while we are dealing with 2099, it isn't the "exact" 2099 we know despite being different.

I also like the explanation that the Silver Sable we've had recently has been a LMD avatar being used by the real Silver Sable who was mortally wounded in EOTE and is now on her deathbed.

this issue gave a year of 2019 isnt that not allowed sucks what happened to Sable but it does makes sense
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this issue gave a year of 2019 isnt that not allowed sucks what happened to Sable but it does makes sense
    It’s to drive home the point that 2099 is 80 years away. In 1992, 2099 seemed far away. Now not so much.

That’s why the future is dying on a Doylist level. 2099 doesn’t feel futuristic enough. So this series is an attempt to address that. Eventually the sliding timeline of 616 Peter will transpire in the real 2099. That happened to Iron Man 2020 after all.

I think that at the end Miguel will return to 2099 but it will be altered so as to be less futuristic looking based on current understanding of science.

God, this will be big!!!!