Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

I just can't over the fact that Dick's actual name appears to be "Dick" and not "Richard" ....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I just can't over the fact that Dick's actual name appears to be "Dick" and not "Richard" ....
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. I kind of ended up chuckling a bit at that.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Insert mandatory "Dick" joke here.

Well, it looks like Iain Glenn's Bruce Wayne is returning as of tomorrow, at least according to the pictures released of the episode. Maybe they will actually address some of the questions about recent developments and Batman's knowledge of them, or lack thereof.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, it looks like Iain Glenn's Bruce Wayne is returning as of tomorrow, at least according to the pictures released of the episode. Maybe they will actually address some of the questions about recent developments and Batman's knowledge of them, or lack thereof.
    Dunno if they exactly answered questions. Bruce shows up, dispenses some sage wisdom and dips out. How exactly he got everyone there is just a bigger question that was raised. I realize..Because Plot, but still... Bats ain't all that to be able to do what he would need to do in this case. At least in my eyes.

Questions about Jason and Rose were answered. They were off knocking boots and knocking out drug dealers. Fun times I am sure. I might care about their relationship ish at some point, but I don't at this moment in time. And Rose was a plant? Answers the question of who was planting stuff in the tower.

Dick and the nightwing symbolism was heavy handed as hell to me. I almost expected when Bruce said "a bird of prey" that he was going to follow things up with "...a night...wing"...didn't happen but in the moment with the bird and the silouette on the floor, I totally expected it.

Mind controlled Tiger Gar will be a fight they will have happen soon. Just seems that things will be rushed in the next two episodes. We shall see. Hoping they had an inkling early enough in the production process that they were going to get renewed for season three and were able to plan things out. Season two has been a bit tighter than season one, but still things are not as tight as they could be from an overall narrative standpoint.

I spoke too soon, I think Gar might have literaly ate someone now lol.

How many episodes are there? 12 or 13?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

As I suspected, this show has completely forgotten about Jason's trauma and development his relationship with Rose offscreen.

Legit starting to get annoyed with the writing on this show. Slightly better episode but not by much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I spoke too soon, I think Gar might have literaly ate someone now lol.

How many episodes are there? 12 or 13?
    When I first saw that I was like, “damn this show doesn’t pull back.”

That was a legit WTF moment for me.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

This Dick Grayson is giving Raimi’s Harry Osborn a run for his money in terms of repetitive melodramatic hallucinations about their father figure representing the inner-turmoil of their conscience.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-16-2019 at 09:55 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This Dick Grayson is giving Raimi’s Harry Osborn a run for for his money in terms of repetitive melodramatic hallucinations about their father figure representing the inner-turmoil of their conscience.
    It is getting out of hand. I mean Arkham Asylum inmates have less hallucinatory melodrama at this point. The writing is just meandering all over the place. Dream Bruce MUST stop now. And why wouldn't real Bruce just call all the Titans and give them assignments. Tell them Dick is in jail and Gar/Conner are kidnapped? Hes freaking Batman.

Its beginning to strain credulity now.

The Gar brain surgery mind control stuff was WHOA. I mean dang, they really fucking him up.

This Dick Grayson is giving Raimi’s Harry Osborn a run for for his money in terms of repetitive melodramatic hallucinations about their father figure representing the inner-turmoil of their conscience.
    During Dick and Bruce's imaginary fight on that stage, did anyone else think they were just using the same location they shot the Rose/Jason scene for economy's sake? Like, "Hey we already have this stage booked, might as well use it for another scene."

We've had a grand total of two episodes with Dick having hallucinations.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It is getting out of hand. I mean Arkham Asylum inmates have less hallucinatory melodrama at this point. The writing is just meandering all over the place. Dream Bruce MUST stop now. And why wouldn't real Bruce just call all the Titans and give them assignments. Tell them Dick is in jail and Gar/Conner are kidnapped? Hes freaking Batman.

Its beginning to strain credulity now.

The Gar brain surgery mind control stuff was WHOA. I mean dang, they really fucking him up.
    They already knew Gar and Connor were kidnapped. Dawn and Donna went to find them. As Donna said, Dick was in prison because he wanted to be there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We've had a grand total of two episodes with Dick having hallucinations.
    And they still feel excessive and it already feels like it’s overstayed it’s welcome. It feels tedious and comically cliche’.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-16-2019 at 10:21 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They already knew Gar and Connor were kidnapped. Dawn and Donna went to find them. As Donna said, Dick was in prison because he wanted to be there.
    Donna knew but, the rest didn't until Bruce led them all on the kooky diner meetup in the middle of nowhere for no reason.