Page 94 of 661 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    : As the Android did that the Chou made note of the Robo liquid metal snake, as he tk tosses one of his blades into his face. To get its attention. As he then smashes the tree in a way to shower Honzi in needles in attempt to jam his guns as he falls. Grabbing a blade to slow it down. Mary Poppins style.:
    Edit

He was really, really tired now. The wind dragon against the mecha was the main factor here. If not used Construct. Would have spam more but now hovering. As the results? Who knows?
    The blade thunks into the metal, which flows away like thick oil. "Kinetic attack with an edged weapon, executed in high gravity against an inorganic target. Flawed stratagem." The hole shudders for a second, then closes as the metal flows back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "What the hell?!" One moment, she was waiting for an opening to pounce on Jinzi from above, the next, she was surrounded by a series of metal tendril things. One of them shape-shifted into her face and started talking to her. Something about her being a glutton and showing it her power.

Serious bad timing.

If it was here doing this, then Jinzi must have had something to do with it. An attempt to divert and divide their attention between him and this newcomer. Very well; if it wanted to fight, she would be more than happy to oblige.

Diving off the branch like she normally would have could only end with her possibly hurting herself, so she hung down by her tail, then dropped and rolled to a safe landing. From there, she quickly checked on Jinzi's location, then turned her full attention to the newcomer. "Alright. You want a fight? You came to the right saiyan." She fell into a defense stance of Saiyan-Do and waited for it to make its move.
    The android drops from the tree like a blob, forming into a roughly humanoid shape. It's face mimics hers again before becoming almost blank. "Fighting stance, subject is a practitioner of martial arts. Compensating." It raises it's hands, which form into smooth metal spheres. "Be aware, I am not subject to the increased gravity in this area. This will taint my findings, but do your best."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    The blade thunks into the metal, which flows away like thick oil. "Kinetic attack with an edged weapon, executed in high gravity against an inorganic target. Flawed stratagem." The hole shudders for a second, then closes as the metal flows back in.

The android drops from the tree like a blob, forming into a roughly humanoid shape. It's face mimics hers again before becoming almost blank. "Fighting stance, subject is a practitioner of martial arts. Compensating." It raises it's hands, which form into smooth metal spheres. "Be aware, I am not subject to the increased gravity in this area. This will taint my findings, but do your best."
    She watched the guy who kept calling Willia "flat-chest" -- Chou, she believed -- attack before her. Normally, she would have gotten angry when someone inserted themselves into her fight without permission, but this was a timely intrusion. She was able to note that the robot's shell was comprised of some kind of liquid-like metal, allowing him to heal almost instantly from the attack.

Conventional attacks weren't going to work.

Alright.

She charged forward and fired a quick kick to its head to test its reflexes.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She watched the guy who kept calling Willia "flat-chest" -- Chou, she believed -- attack before her. Normally, she would have gotten angry when someone inserted themselves into her fight without permission, but this was a timely intrusion. She was able to note that the robot's shell was comprised of some kind of liquid-like metal, allowing him to heal almost instantly from the attack.

Conventional attacks weren't going to work.

Alright.

She charged forward and fired a quick kick to its head to test its reflexes.
    The android's legs pull up into his body, 'crouching' for lack of a better term, followed by an uppercut at her extended leg. "Impressive, on equal footing I could not have avoided that. You are fast, for an organic. Compensating." It's legs form into a single trunk, and it diverts the excess mass into it's arms, which split into four.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma didn't bounce off. He didn't even make contact at all. He landed roughly, though, thankfully, didn't break anything.

...well, probably.

Now Jinzi was... surfing around on some sort of disc? Well, Totoma was proving to be spectacularly useless.

"Alright, think..." His mother had always said that the truly great warriors were ones that exercised their minds, and not just their muscles.

Jinzi was obviously more mobile than they were, so... they had to do something about that. Obviously, he couldn't physically catch up to him, but as far as he knew, Ki wasn't effected by gravity, so...

He lifted his arm and cupped his hands in front of him, all ten fingers extended towards Jinzi. He concentrated for a moment and ki began gathering on his fingertips. A moment later, ten threads lanced out, spreading into a net of ki that would hopefully ensnare their trainer, allowing the others a chance to... do something. Anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    As Chou saw the net attempt he adds on withvweighted chains. In hope to catch Jinzi and immobilize him as the chain net had a summoned anchor at the end for even more weight.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine internally winced at the physic shout, it wasn't an surprise the sudden intrusion would throw at least one person off. Still, better earlier then never. She decided then to leave Ocha alone as they seemed to need the extra concentration for their current task. The link was still open, should they need it however.

"I am unsure myself. Either case, this link is open for anyone with ideas. In the mean time..."

The battle field had shifted once more, making things a much more hectic affair.

When Ocha and Sarada were sent flying, she was only able stop the fall from one of them in time with her tendrils, which softened the landing on the young Sayain. They hadn't gotten on the best start, and she didn't like how they insulted Totoma's parents or himself, but it was about being an adult. Besides, here, all that mattered was the survival and success of the group.

Seeing what Totoma was doing, she attempted her best to assist with the 'ensnaring' thing with her own shadows; part of her training she needed to learn to make more more complicated shapes with them,

Later.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Seeing Jinzi move down to confront them head-on, Midori drew her head back and launched her tongue toward him, aiming a bit higher than him so that it would reach him in spite of the increased gravity, wrapping around his waist once it reached him to hopefully keep him in place.

"Shira!" Midori called, and the paper-white android turned and fired her finger beams at their 'teacher'.
    Jinzi artfully dodges around the strings and shadows and chains, his connection to the arena giving him ample time to find a way around the ensnaring web. He just barely gets out of the way of Midori's tongue and Shiro's beams, though he does seem to be putting more effort into it now.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held felt his knees buckles slightly at the strain of gravity putting even more force upon his body. However he was prepared this time, and with a slight grunt, he endured the weight cast on every fiber of his being.

It was a chore to keep his balance in these conditions, with the sudden disruption of the stable earth.

I think we should probably move a bit quicker....I don't what to know how many weight settings he...Put on this thing. he thought to his comrades.

"I guess we should try a bit harder...."

Taking a deep, strained breath, the Nevadian focused his ki throughout his body, before allowing it to sink down within his legs.

Slowly, he jogged, then it evolved into a sprint, labored, as he picked up speed. After a moment, he became a blur of motion, dashing towards the nearest tree.

He jumped towards it, feet first, kicking off of it with his legs.

Unicorns Gallop!

In an explosion of energy, he ascended skyward, the tree kicked over from the sheer force of his jump.

As his momentum flung him towards the sadistic scientist, he reared back his right hand, preparing a palm strike at the center of Jinzi's chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "RRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" Erosa let out a furious howl as she spun around among the dust and debree where her target had been. "AGAO!"

Hearing Jinzis voice back towards the center of the arena, Erosa gripped the floor and flung herself forward...tearing chucks of the ground out from under her and flinging them backwards as she barreled forward.

As Jack held out his hand towards Ochazuke, time seemed to slow down to a crawl. What followed would most certainly be an effort of teamwork befitting the challenge that lay before them. combined in mind and spirit. His intent communicated with few word and all fighting spirit.

....and then Erosa landed on Ochazukes Shoulders, pounced off with enough force to throw him back off his feet, sailed up past Jacks reach and planted her feet firmly on his head before dive boarding off it into the air. At the magnitude of gravity, Jack impacted jaw first with the floor only moments later....thankfully the impact soften by landing onto a mid roll Etrina. "Spin-to-W~in" She shouted her trademark attack name as she sailed, claws forward, at Jinzi.
    Jinzi, having dodged the ensnaring moves, grabs both of them as they close in and slam them into each other instead before tossing them bot haway again.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan noticed that both Sarada and Held headed for the trees. Sarada was no doubt preparing to pounce at the chance, while Held took to the sky.

Standing straight while using Bojack as a cane, he pondered to the rest of the group. "If he can control the gravity on a whim, who knows how much harder -- or lighter -- he can go!"

"But together, we toppled the giant! We can coordinate ourselves again! And we should look for the source of his gravity control!"

Zaofan took Bojack and started running at Mr. Pantaloon, then dug his bo staff deep into the ground, catapulting him high into the air against the heavy gravity. Near the apex of the jump, he corkscrewed up to gain some draft, and at the height of the jump, he fired a wide angle optic blast to blanket the area around Mr. Pantaloon hoping to tag the speedy flyer. But the force blast also propelled Zaofan towards the dense trees, to which he spun around again to face them, gliding to the trees, into the leaves and landing lightly -- but with great strain -- onto the branches.
    For the first time, Jinzi is on the defensive now. The optic blast actually manages to stagger him, putting him off balance.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post

"...It's worth a try. I'm cutting the mental link for now to concentrate on them."

She would be lying to say she was among the most powerful of mental prowess, there were people of her kind and not which were much more powerful and skilled in that area. With that being said she could certainly attempt to be sufficiently annoying to throw them off. Even if it was only a second, even if only caused a slight blink in a real fight that's all it took for a battle to lead to defeat or success.

Karine stretched her powers, establishing the 'link' with their opponent in her attempt to distract them.

Though with what?

Ah. Of course. Annoying, cliche jokes may do the trick.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
    And a look of surprise stretches across his face, and for a moment further, he seems unguarded.

'What?'
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Deception is the key to succeeding in a game of poker. If you cannot read your opponents as well as keep them guessing, then you're not playing poker.

You're just playing a game of chance.

Jack charged forth seemingly intent on knocking Erosa's head off her shoulders.

In the long run you cannot hope to win at games of chance. The house always wins, the set the odds after all.

"Dead!" Jack roared, as he neared Erosa.

Jinzi was the house in this case and he set the odds. This arena was a game set to test them. A game can always be rigged.

"Man's!" Jack continued as he sidestepped past the I'd and continued towards his true target.

So how does win a rigged game? Something designed to be unfair? In Jack's experience, cheat and lie.

"...bluff...," he whispered as the excess energy disappeared and he ducked low as he could grabbing the Mecha around the waist before falling back hoping to suplex, or toss the suit into his allies attacks.
    As Jinzi is no longer in the mech suit, but his own and stunned, Jack's gambit pays off. With a heave, Jinzi is suplexed into the ground.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    OOC: I smell a lawsuit! ;P

IC:

Their host was Jinzi, a dapper young man she had seen on the news before. He led the group through the facility till they reached an expanse. Asha'rah stopped short, taking a moment to realize they were still underground. It was hard to remember in a cavern with a ceiling higher than skyscrapers. And inside, clouds, sunlight, trees and buildings, an entire city ready to be deployed.

"Your vision leaves me in awe, Mr. Pantaloon."

A talk with the host, later?

"Of course, Mr. Pantaloon. I look forward to it." She nodded.

Asha'rah marveled at the massive underground structure. How much work went into shaping this place, how much planning? There was granduity of vision, nobility of purpose and roaring industriousness in this place. It was a good place to take shelter in, and a better one to meditate. Asha'rah floated gently to the ground, assumed the lotus position, and turned inward. Her necklace of orbs spun in place even more slowly than usual as she re-centered herself. Bit by bit, her thoughts began to settle into order.
    OT: Time warp post!

IC:

Jinzi bows slightly.

"You honor me."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Fantastic Member

After his mighty leap, Zaofan managed to land on a branch (rather than straight to the ground, which would have been risky given the 2.5x gravity), and then dropped from the branch, using his bo staff to brace his impact to the ground. "We're scattered, disorganized. This is disastrous."

Zaofan ran over to Koorimaru and Ochazuke as best he could, under the strain. "Good observation, though. If Ochazuke focuses on detecting the receiver, a couple of us can do a pincer attack in the mean time. I can try a wide angle blast to get the transmitter on his neck, but there's a good chance that he can block or dodge it, even if I tag him. So we would need another fighter or two who can do the something similar from the other side simultaneously."
    Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    Arriving in time to catch the tail end of what Zaofan had said and waved to them all in greeting. One of them looked very.. alien? Foreign was probably the right word to use instead.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting; I'm Ajna. I'm.. uh, not sure if I met any of you earlier," here Ajna had to pause as he slapped a clot of dirt away from his face that came flying his way, kicked up from somewhere or other. In doing so he created a cloud of dust that made him sneeze hard in the middle of his sentence. He continued shortly after, looking apologetic, "Looks like yall have plan. I'm onboard if you'll have me."
    The arrival of two others who clearly intended to aid in carrying out the plan to fruition was a welcome surprise to Koorimaru. Zaofan's suggestion was not without merit, and from the appearance of things, with Jinzi having to fend off so many other separate assaults, the opportunity to put further pressure onto Jinzi was there. While he was unsure as to what the new tan-skinned Earthman, was capable of, the appearance of Jinzi's new arrival might very well provide a new avenue for further destabilising their opponent.

"A most perfect suggestion Zaofan. With the android and Totoma limiting Pantaloon's options for escape, a pincer attack may very well provide more success than we'd anticipated. The attempted assaults from other parties will also provide us more room to deal Pantaloon, but be warned. With as much awareness as he has over what goes on in the arena, he will likely have anticipated every single thing coming at him, and even our own efforts to distract may not be beyond his ability to handle."

Koorimaru once again looked up to Pantaloon, narrowing his eyes, "With so much going on now around Pantaloon, we'd better stick to ranged attacks so we don't get caught in the crossfire. I can snipe at him with my Death Beam and close any avenues either the android or Totoma haven't covered yet. Zaofan, focus on getting rid of the control patch. Focused attacks like mine will likely be deftly avoided but your wide angle blast may pressure him enough into making mistakes. As for you," Koorimaru looked to the new arrival, "Follow my lead, and use ranged attacks to block off Pantaloon's means of escape. Conserve as much energy as you can. We aren't looking to knock him out of the sky, and if all our attempts do fail, we need to keep our reserves full."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi, having dodged the ensnaring moves, grabs both of them as they close in and slam them into each other instead before tossing them bot haway again.
    What?

Having been intercepted in mid-air, the Nevadian had no recourse to evade Jinzi's counter. It was all he could to grit his teeth, and brace himself for the impact that came.
    a
    The sudden, painful thud as he collided with Erosa nearly knocked the wind out of him, leaving his body tingling from the sheer force of the collision with his comrade.

The air was knocked out of him as he was tossed to the floor, landing ungracefully in a heap, some manner of dust rising from the floor from the sheer impact.

The Nevadian was silent for a moment, content merely just to breathe, slightly wheezing as he caught his breath.

After what seemed like an eternity, he began to stir from the prone position on his back.

This guy....He's more annoying than I thought....

Shakily, wearily, the Nevadian grunted, struggling to his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Busy looking deep within herself, Asha'rah felt an instant heaviness. Heaviness in her arms, her legs, her head, everything. And then a word from the outside.

"DODGE!"

"Wha-" was all Asha'rah managed to utter before being blasted into the ground under a rain of fire. I am pain.

Four orbs rose from Asha'rah, a touch slower than usual as they adjusted to the increased gravity. Aura spun out, connect them to each other. Then they accelerated in a circular pattern, and golden light flowed like water into the gap between them, whirling and dispersing the incoming fire. Heaven's Gate!

Safe for the moment, she looked about and got her bearings. It appeared Mr. Pantaloon had started a training session with little warning. How rude. How effective. The others were attacking his machines with great success, but much less so whenever they tried to attack the man himself. Her teammates were all demonstrating formidable skill. A demon with with pallid yellow skin and a violet crest seemed to bend space itself to launch destructive crimson beams from odd angles. There were at least two tailed warriors (Saiyans) in the mix - a muscular woman who for the cover of the forest, seeking to fight on ground of her own choosing; and a male in a splendid blue and wheat gold robe who launched bands of ki in a net shape. A pointy-eared lady (Chromakai) danced about like a leaf in the wind, nary taking a scratch from the blasts around her. A bronze-skinned man leapt up to meet Mr. Pantaloon head on, kicking off from a tree at blurring speed like a horse might smash a foe to its rear. A man in a white gi catapulted himself into the air with a bo staff like an Olympian before shooting lasers from his eyes. Someone in a yellow cloak was trying to surf a tree.The man with the strange hair cut from earlier faked his fearsome attack from before, using the opening created to suplex the robot he was fighting. The man fought smart too.

Amid all this craziness, familiar animal-like movement caught Asha'rah's optical receptors. There was Etrina! And Erosa, tearing up the ground itself for projectiles to hurl at her opponents before leaping through the air, whirling with claws at the ready.

"Spin-to-W~in!" Erosa yelled. Oh my. Asha'rah knew a very good martial artist back in Kame who would have an aneurysm if he heard that.

What an odd place for a toilet.

Ah, and there! Ishtar, her light blue skin standing out anywhere. The ground around her seemed broken by design, and she was waiting for a chance to strike. Perhaps Asha'rah could create that chance for her. Concentrating on the oni, Asha'rah summoned an illusion to make Ishtar look like just another pile of rubble like what lay around her. Visions in the Desert.

Yet even in this increased gravity, Mr. Pantaloon seemed to retain all his mobility and more. He easily dodged every attack, nary a hair our of place, and manhandled two of the stronger looking physical fighters, throwing them into another two. If they were to prevail, they needed to slow the owner of Capsule Corp down...or at least make him feel slower. Asha'rah sent six of her orbs out to form a wide net, coordinating to cover maximum ground alongside the ki bands of the male Saiyan. Then she connected them with her aura, letting them flow into a shield more akin to a curved, moving wall. Heaven's Gate. There was more than one way to use a shield.

She pressed in with the ki wall, not seeking to hit Mr. Pantaloon outright so much as to narrow his movement options. Her orbs could fly, allowing her aura wall to track his vertical movement as well as horizontal. Like a living thing, the wall closed in on Mr. Pantaloon, threatening to envelope him and forcing him to dodge in unfavorable directions, herding him into a fatal position towards the ground where Ishtar lay in wait, camoflaged by Asha'rah's illusion.

An elegant move, that, with Jinzi now laying flat on his back, stunned by the suplex, seems to trap him against the arena floor effectively.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Staying close to the ground due to the increase in gravity, Meagan watched as the others started to join forces, then she noticed a new player joining the game. Only this one appeared to be on Pantaloon's side.

One thing that had her intrigued, was Jinzi's disc.

With her hands on the ground beneath her, she concentrated her Ki to consolidate her smaller discs into one large one. She then tried to will it to lift her up. That it actually worded surprised her, now the tricky part was to maneuver it. Remaining crouched low onto the now flying Ki Disc, she directed it to chase after their host.
    The ki disc was surprisingly easy to move about on, and for some reason, seemed to not be quite as effected by the gravity increase as she was.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Zaofan, in the trees, hidden by leaves and spying on top of some branches, saw the android down below. "Hnh. The game's afoot, eh?"

Regardless, with the android walking through the woods, Zaofan thought it best not to be distracted. He moved back towards the front of the forest, still hidden in the trees. "Acknowledged, Chuan!"

Zaofan reasoned, if the trees are standing normally in this increased gravity, then surely they'll still be useable. He crouched to focus his weight towards the branch, then used used the branch as a springboard, launching himself even further up above the trees -- not as high as he would like with the gravity, but sufficiently up in the air that placed him above the speeding Mr. Pantaloon. His eyes charged up with ruby energy. "OPTIC BLAST!" he yelled, firing a barrage of 8 inch wide flat beams at and around Jinzi.

To Jinzi's luck, Ashra'rah's barrier keeping him in place protects him from the blasts.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem gritted his teeth. It was incredibly simple! How could they...maybe he should attempt to speak.
    "Pants...move much," Sasheem relayed to the others connected in the same telepathic threads, referring to Jinzi. "Cheese...stuck! Ig!" he continued, accompanied with another image. Of a combatant admitting a ki blast.

"Ook! Badaba!" he relayed as Asha'rah had appeared to corner Jinzi. Sasheem glanced near the spot where Jinzi fell near the Oni, which wasn't too close to Sasheem, but there were many trees nearby. Trees that if chopped down could fall towards Jinzi's direction. Looking at the nearby trees, Sasheem attempted to find the biggest one.

Sasheem began to charge up his ki. In his current state he only had enough power to use this attack only a few times in a row before it needed to recharge. Three pips, you could say. A large target like this tree would take up two.

Ki flowing around him, steam shooting out of his pores, Sasheem charged his energy before transferring it all to his antennae, which now sparked with electricity that bounced between them.

"CHEEEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEE!" Sasheem shouted as the beam of electricity shot forth and hit the largest tree he had spotted. Soon enough, where the tree once stood was a giant slice of cheese, currently unmelted. Mozarella, of course.
    Jinzi, still on his back, just watches and sweat drops.

"The hell......?"

His eyes widen and he begins touches his wrist, getting ready to do something even as he is pinned.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM