Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Would you ignore Nate bc Disassembled reinforced his relationship with Jean which I can only imagine is going to be explored in Age of X-Man
    Nate will probably go to Limbo after age of X-man. I'm not even a fan of the character but i think at the end, age of x-man will do more damage than good for x-man

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nate will probably go to Limbo after age of X-man. I'm not even a fan of the character but i think at the end, age of x-man will do more damage than good for x-man
    Or for the X-Men in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Liking girls, getting her a mini-series, and killing a zombie.
    I am definitely on board for her being bi (preferring girls) or lesbian and that she was just confused about her sexuality all these years. Heck they did it with Bobby and they can do that just as easily with Rachel. It's not like she had some huge past romance that defines her as a character. Korvus > mostly because the Phoenix energy kept pushing them together. Nightcrawler > maybe a little bit, but in her head she will always question if it was Mesmero.

I would love a mini-series, either solo, or with someone from her family, either Scott, Jean, or Cable. Heck have Ahab escape in X-Force and Rachel makes it her mission to take him down once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would love a mini-series, either solo, or with someone from her family, either Scott, Jean, or Cable. Heck have Ahab escape in X-Force and Rachel makes it her mission to take him down once and for all.
    Rachel already took down Ahab during Alan Davis' last Excalibur storyline. It was amazing and cathartic and Rachel had her whole Excalibur family with her when she re-programmed the sentinels to Protect All Life. Unfortunately, every subsequent writer has ignored that run.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Rachel already took down Ahab during Alan Davis' last Excalibur storyline. It was amazing and cathartic and Rachel had her whole Excalibur family with her when she re-programmed the sentinels to Protect All Life. Unfortunately, every subsequent writer has ignored that run.
    Seriously! While it wasn't the intention of Claremont to fully noob her, Yost was told that in order to prepare Rachel's character for the return of Jean (which became Hope), when she was stripped of the Phoenix Echo he was told to revert her back to factory settings and so he did. Houndmarks returned, as did a stronger penchant for being mind controlled. She's been written poorly ever since (small break under Bunn).

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Well this also goes back to Excalibur when the Phoenix resurrected Rachel after the fight with the Necrom and told everyone that Rachel would forever be part of the Phoenix. Of course they let that concept die too after she was lost in time.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they at least keep her on X-Force and don't just write her out of the comics. I am not sure she is a good fit for that combination of the team, but it will be as it will be. I wouldn't mind it if it turns out that just like where it concerned young Cable saving and bringing Scott back, that young Cable wants to save Rachel and get his sister back. I doubt we'll see Rachel on a book with Jean or Scott for the rest of this year, and probably never.

Incredible Member

Well this also goes back to Excalibur when the Phoenix resurrected Rachel after the fight with the Necrom and told everyone that Rachel would forever be part of the Phoenix. Of course they let that concept die too after she was lost in time.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they at least keep her on X-Force and don't just write her out of the comics. I am not sure she is a good fit for that combination of the team, but it will be as it will be. I wouldn't mind it if it turns out that just like where it concerned young Cable saving and bringing Scott back, that young Cable wants to save Rachel and get his sister back. I doubt we'll see Rachel on a book with Jean or Scott for the rest of this year, and probably never.
    I think there is a way higher odds of Rachel working with Scott then Jean but I would prefer to see her working with Magneto or Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I think there is a way higher odds of Rachel working with Scott then Jean but I would prefer to see her working with Magneto or Emma
    My actual preference is to have Rachel working with Emma, perhaps going to Emma for help recovering from the Hound conditioning and then working with Emma for the rest of the year.

Realistically if they don't write Rachel out, kill Rachel off, or turn her into a brainwashed villain for the next two years then she is going to either end up on X-Force with Cable or Uncanny with Scott. What I think they are going to do is write her out of the comics, if she does get rescued from Ahab that will probably the last time we see her in comics for a while. The only way that won't happen is if the people doing young Cable's storyline for the year want to include Rachel in it as his sister.

It's been over a month and Extermination 5 is still making me upset. I wish they had at least had everyone discuss what they were going to do to get Rachel back and not just dropping it completely. The whole thing is Rachel's worst nightmare, being changed into a hound again by Ahab, and her family and friends not caring enough to rescue her. If they were actually realistic about this they would have Rachel suffer from serious PTSD and depression after she is rescued. This feels almost as horrible as the time the Avengers let Carol get brainwashed and taken away by that guy who was obsessed with her. That's one of the creepiest things in comics, and I would place Rachel getting turned back into a slave and taken by Ahab comes in a really close second.

I wish Marvel had decent enough writers to put Rachel and Jean together on a book, I don't think they are even able to write them as mother and daughter because they don't get it, and because they don't know how to differentiate Jean and Rachel on the same book together. That poor girl just needs her Mom for a year or two.

It's worse than Avengers #200, because that was addressed immediately and very well while the Avengers at least thought Carol was in a good position. The X-Men knew Ray was screwed and didn't care.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It's worse than Avengers #200, because that was addressed immediately and very well while the Avengers at least thought Carol was in a good position. The X-Men knew Ray was screwed and didn't care.
    <sigh> Well Uncanny is going in a pretty bleak direction. It looks like Marvel's idea of cleaning house is to kill characters off. I am not sure that Rachel is going to survive at all now, since the Marvel writers find her too hard to write when she is paired up with Jean and Scott I think they are going to kill her off this year. Sheesh reading Uncanny 11 was depressing.

Truth. Carol had it bad there, but this is worse by a lot.

I don't see how the X-Office can get past this one with readers. It was very clear that once Rachel was gone, she was gone from their minds and hearts. 'Rachel who?'

Cable said he was going to get/hunt Ahab, but his focus in X-Force isn't even Ahab. He's hunting down the future weapons Stryfe is handing out. Ahab will be a pleasant coincidence when they meet. So Cable's not even looking for him, or Rachel. Unless there is an explicit flashback panel where it shows the X-Men trying to track/trace Rachel the whole thing will flat really flat. Not that they care, but it will be as tonedeaf as some of the other things they have put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Truth. Carol had it bad there, but this is worse by a lot.

I don't see how the X-Office can get past this one with readers. It was very clear that once Rachel was gone, she was gone from their minds and hearts. 'Rachel who?'

Cable said he was going to get/hunt Ahab, but his focus in X-Force isn't even Ahab. He's hunting down the future weapons Stryfe is handing out. Ahab will be a pleasant coincidence when they meet. So Cable's not even looking for him, or Rachel. Unless there is an explicit flashback panel where it shows the X-Men trying to track/trace Rachel the whole thing will flat really flat. Not that they care, but it will be as tonedeaf as some of the other things they have put out.
    Uncanny made me incredibly pessimistic about what they are going to do with Rachel. If the new mandate at Marvel is to clean the X-Men house by killing characters off then I think Rachel will be killed. I wouldn't even be surprised if it happens off panel and Cable just finds her body after the fact. He can cry out "Rachel!" one time and then they will never mention her again. As upsetting as Rachel's fate is for me, I think a lot of characters are in the X-Books are about to get purged, it's just Rachel is one of the longest written characters, but I think she is probably on the hit list along with some of the newer ones.

Uncanny made me incredibly pessimistic about what they are going to do with Rachel. If the new mandate at Marvel is to clean the X-Men house by killing characters off then I think Rachel will be killed. I wouldn't even be surprised if it happens off panel and Cable just finds her body after the fact. He can cry out "Rachel!" one time and then they will never mention her again. As upsetting as Rachel's fate is for me, I think a lot of characters are in the X-Books are about to get purged, it's just Rachel is one of the longest written characters, but I think she is probably on the hit list along with some of the newer ones.
    Do I think it will play out that way? No. I think that if they were to kill Rachel off they would do it on panel with other X-Men there so that there is some forced poignancy and false grief.

I think she'll either be saved and join X-Force as the moral compass allowing Sam to either leave or have company or she'll be a hound or villain moving forward for years to come seeing as they don't know what to do with her.

Would I put it past the X-Office to kill Rachel off panel and have Cable find her body? No. No one is safe and nothing is sacred. Not even characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Do I think it will play out that way? No. I think that if they were to kill Rachel off they would do it on panel with other X-Men there so that there is some forced poignancy and false grief.

I think she'll either be saved and join X-Force as the moral compass allowing Sam to either leave or have company or she'll be a hound or villain moving forward for years to come seeing as they don't know what to do with her.

Would I put it past the X-Office to kill Rachel off panel and have Cable find her body? No. No one is safe and nothing is sacred. Not even characters.
    I would probably be done with the X-Books if they keep Rachel as a hound or villain. A correct portrayal of Cable should be rescuing Rachel by any means necessary and having her stay with Ahab beyond a few issues is just horrible. Of course saving Rachel doesn't mean she lives, it just means she is saved from Ahab even if it means she dies in the process. I guess we'll see, nothing in the solicits or rumors have her getting free from Ahab so it's impossible to know what will happen. I know there is an upcoming issue where a character is dead on the cover and Cable appears to be grieving, it looks like a male character, but who can say it could easily be Rachel.