This is why we needed to get the Phoenix out of the way. We get to see how Jean figures things out and how resourceful she is on her own.
    First X-Lady

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think that Jean could still be written like this with the Phoenix, except people would be saying that the power isn't her own. It's the stellar telepathic and telekinetic displays that have me excited.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It's not significant but over in Avengers #2 today Tony namedrops Jean while fighting a bunch of Celestials.

tony.JPG

Interesting. Im assuming he is referring to adult Jean which means she is alive as of that issue's continuity

For me, Jean maintaining the iconic Phoenix look and power signature + Marvel not constantly using the Phoenix as a villain/plot device on Avengers/Thor>>>>> Satisfaction of bragging about Jean's non-Phoenix feats.

Not that I'm not happy with how she's been amazing on Red or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Interesting. Im assuming he is referring to adult Jean which means she is alive as of that issue's continuity
    Yeet. I'm guessing it's set before Red though since that is likely going to be self contained until after the first year, or if it's not it will only bleed into the other X-Books.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeet. I'm guessing it's set before Red though since that is likely going to be self contained until after the first year, or if it's not it will only bleed into the other X-Books.
    Jean being acknowledged in other books doesnt really take away from Red though unless theres some major status quo we dont know about yet. I mean we just saw Jean appear in the Wedding Special and she's on the cover to Gold 30 and will likely make a cameo appearance. Avengers #2 could also take place concurrently to Red as Jean made a very public appearance. Everyone should know she's alive now

Jean being acknowledged in other books doesnt really take away from Red though unless theres some major status quo we dont know about yet. I mean we just saw Jean appear in the Wedding Special and she's on the cover to Gold 30 and will likely make a cameo appearance. Avengers #2 could also take place concurrently to Red as Jean made a very public appearance. Everyone should know she's alive now
    What I mean is though that most of the hero community would likely be unsure if Jean actually killed that woman or believe that she did, and similarly that they wouldn't be entirely aware of what's going on with the sentinites. I am assuming the wedding happens BEFORE Red, as well as most of her appearances, which I also think is completely fine. She can still show up. It doesn't so much change anything that has happened. Unless there's some massively public reveal about Casanova and the Sentinites I don't see the Red team going topside unless they absolutely have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What I mean is though that most of the hero community would likely be unsure if Jean actually killed that woman or believe that she did, and similarly that they wouldn't be entirely aware of what's going on with the sentinites. I am assuming the wedding happens BEFORE Red, as well as most of her appearances, which I also think is completely fine. She can still show up. It doesn't so much change anything that has happened. Unless there's some massively public reveal about Casanova and the Sentinites I don't see the Red team going topside unless they absolutely have to.
    I know people have had their issues with Cap A' but I think he (and the rest) of the hero community would know that Jean didnt just kill an ambassador in cold blood while trying to make a proposal for peace at the UN. That just sounds ludicrous and the only ones swayed would be the public that Nova was trying to instill anti-mutant hostility in. After seeing the news reports, I just dont think anyone that knew Jean would be questioning her innocence. With that said, none of this negates my original point in that Jean is alive as of Avengers #2. Whether it takes place before or after Red, she's at least acknowledged

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Love Tony name dropping Jean like that.

Well Tony has met teen Jean as well, so he could be referring to either of them.

But now that Nova is going around convincing world leaders how dangerous Jean is, she indeed likely won't be making any open-air appearances unless absolutely necessary.

I know people have had their issues with Cap A' but I think he (and the rest) of the hero community would know that Jean didnt just kill an ambassador in cold blood while trying to make a proposal for peace at the UN. That just sounds ludicrous and the only ones swayed would be the public that Nova was trying to instill anti-mutant hostility in. After seeing the news reports, I just dont think anyone that knew Jean would be questioning her innocence. With that said, none of this negates my original point in that Jean is alive as of Avengers #2. Whether it takes place before or after Red, she's at least acknowledged
    Generally I think that I'd agree but in a world filled with Sentinites...

I'm just amused Tony specifically names Jean, even though the Avengers know the X-Men have telepaths coming out of their ears.
    I like the implication they consider Jean a reserve Avenger they can call when necessary.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 05-16-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well Tony has met teen Jean as well, so he could be referring to either of them.

But now that Nova is going around convincing world leaders how dangerous Jean is, she indeed likely won't be making any open-air appearances unless absolutely necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm just amused Tony specifically names Jean, even though the Avengers know the X-Men have telepaths coming out of their ears.
    I like implication they consider Jean a reserve Avenger they can call when necessary.
    It’s Cap and I thought he named her bc she has history with the Celestials and therefore would be a better fit

But didn't Jean already learn everything Beast knew about the human/mutant body, before her last death? I thought Jean used that knowledge to reform Emma after her diamond form was shattered? Wouldn't Jean have retained that info?