Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    If those are the only 2 options, yes.
    Geez, what do you have against letting that ginger hair fly free? Let it fly, I say!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I dunno. Not sure if I like this or not. What do you think?

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Good issue.
    I thought it would get same stupidities just like previous death metal issues when I saw the previews
    But it turned out to be a love letter for Wally whom butchered and roughly treated through those year.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

The trick is to give Wally his own look and uniqueness from Barry while still portraying him as the Flash and not a second rate or copy. Which is hard since Barry's suit is the Flash suit.

I think it could work giving Wally his Flash suit back but with his hair out to separate him from Barry. It looked good in Speed Metal when his suit got torn. I would just add some minor tweaks to add some of Wallys own uniqueness such as silver instead of gold and a dark red.

Blue is out of the question for me. Red is the Flash color and anything else is just not the Flash. But a burgundy is a good choice. Different from Barry but still a red.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I dunno. Not sure if I like this or not. What do you think?
    Now he looks kind of like Kikaider.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Geez, what do you have against letting that ginger hair fly free? Let it fly, I say!
    Because it makes him look like Kid Flash. That characteristic is a distinguishing and downright iconic aspect of the KID Flash suit. That is why it looked like that in the first place.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Geez, what do you have against letting that ginger hair fly free? !
    Semiotics.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I like the suit where his hair is out. I don't care that it was designed to evoke Kid Flash vibes. Frankly I think its appropriate. He coined that moniker, I see nothing wrong with a callback to it while at the same time showing that he's moved on up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I mean, the problem is if some random person looks at him the first thing they'll probably think is "oh that's Kid Flash" which is something you'd think all of us Speed Metal readers would catch a hint on

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I mean, the problem is if some random person looks at him the first thing they'll probably think is "oh that's Kid Flash" which is something you'd think all of us Speed Metal readers would catch a hint on
    I don't know if that would be people's immediate thoughts. I think they'd go "Oh hey, it's Wally West" more than they would it being Kid Flash.

I think Kid Flash's color scheme stands out more than the loose hair. At least to me.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I like the hair out for Kid Flash, Impulse, Jesse/Johnny, just about everyone else. But The Flash...whether it's Barry, Wally, Jay, other Jay, even Max...they need their heads covered. John Fox is the only Flash where it works hair-out for some reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if that would be people's immediate thoughts. I think they'd go "Oh hey, it's Wally West" more than they would it being Kid Flash.

I think Kid Flash's color scheme stands out more than the loose hair. At least to me.
    Most randos probably don't know who Wally West is or think he's black.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Most randos probably don't know who Wally West is or think he's black.
    Randos only know Bruce Wayne = Batman, Clark Kent = Superman and Peter Parker = Spider-Man. Nobody else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Randos only know Bruce Wayne = Batman, Clark Kent = Superman and Peter Parker = Spider-Man. Nobody else.
    Tony Stark = Iron Man, Cap America = Steve Rogers, Hulk = Bruce Banner, and any other MCU Heroes. Don't forget that nowadays rando knew them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Tony Stark = Iron Man, Cap America = Steve Rogers, Hulk = Bruce Banner, and any other MCU Heroes. Don't forget that nowadays rando knew them.
    I'd agree with you if it was randos limited to the United States and some other countries. But I travel a bit on business around the world. Hulk is ahead of the rest, and while the MCU has done wonders for those characters, they're still Iron Man, Captain America, etc. of the ones even aware. If I go in the middle of some random province where they're still getting paved roads, gas stations and running water, they'll know Star Wars, Mickey, Bugs Bunny, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man...and oddly enough Mr. Bean seems to have some expansive exposure far beyond what anyone would expect (haha), but Iron Man and Cap aren't there yet.