Page 100 of 386 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 5790
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    The point stands. Both Vaughn and Miller did not stick with continuity where it suited them.
    With Vaughn it was because of Singer's influence on the story and he originally was going to direct that movie.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-23-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

That hardly matters... but if you're really hung up on me he continuity, the timeline reset after dofp, and in the new timeline sunspot was born looking more like his dad than his mom. See, all fixed, (non existent) continuity preserved. It makes more sense than Warren and jubilee being born twenty years early...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That hardly matters... but if you're really hung up on me he continuity, the timeline reset after dofp, and in the new timeline sunspot was born looking more like his dad than his mom. See, all fixed, (non existent) continuity preserved. It makes more sense than Warren and jubilee being born twenty years early...
    Which was also Singer influenced.

I'm not hung up. I'm just saying that probably influenced the casting choice and that people like JediKage are probably needlessly overcomplicating things.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-24-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    lol if I was being emotional right I'd probably just stop posting all together....maybe. It's not a race obsession dude. Being a black biracial kid surrounded by white faces seeing a black biracial kid surrounded by mostly white faces n the same universe as your favorite Cartoon I guess just really made an impression on me. Sunspot was not some street thug, some African kid from a village, he was brash and cocky and never seemed to be quite able to fit in but tried anyway. I honestly don't know how to explain but it feel as if I've been cheated, or a bit of my childhood is getting a new coat of paint
    Thanks for opening up about how you feel. I understand. I am not seeking to minimize anything about the casting decisions. I wish they made Sunspot black. But I still feel like it's already done , the time to pressure them was BEFORE the decision. It accomplishes nothing right now to complain about it, although I am not blaming anyone for doing so, I vent too sometimes irrationally.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Thanks for opening up about how you feel. I understand. I am not seeking to minimize anything about the casting decisions. I wish they made Sunspot black. But I still feel like it's already done , the time to pressure them was BEFORE the decision. It accomplishes nothing right now to complain about it, although I am not blaming anyone for doing so, I vent too sometimes irrationally.
    How could I have known? racebending.com didnt start till AFTER the cast came out. Sunspots always been black in my opinion, his role in DOFPWAS so small and nonot sensical I figured that if a NM movie came out they'd get it right. When it was announced Josh Boone was directing I sent him a message in instagram explaining to him how important Sunspot being black was to me and other people. The director even confirmed he knew Sunspot was Afro-Brazilian soon this casting choice was a surprise. I'm cautious st starting a separate thread on here in case it's seen as a bait thread or "just another thread about race obsession" I told some of my non comic reading friends about the casting for NM has begun and the first thing they asked was if Sunspot was black cause they know how it nerd out for him and voice my concentrate over his color.
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    How could I have known? racebending.com didnt start till AFTER the cast came out. Sunspots always been black in my opinion, his role in DOFPWAS so small and nonot sensical I figured that if a NM movie came out they'd get it right. When it was announced Josh Boone was directing I sent him a message in instagram explaining to him how important Sunspot being black was to me and other people. The director even confirmed he knew Sunspot was Afro-Brazilian soon this casting choice was a surprise. I'm cautious st starting a separate thread on here in case it's seen as a bait thread or "just another thread about race obsession" I told some of my non comic reading friends about the casting for NM has begun and the first thing they asked was if Sunspot was black cause they know how it nerd out for him and voice my concentrate over his color.
    I am not going to see the movie either because Roberto being black is important. Brazil pretends black people do not exist in their country and they are stereotypically portrayed as poor. So Roberto being a rich black Brazilian is important. Because of the black genocide going on in Brazil I can understand why he could not find a Afro-Brazilian but he still should have made Sunspot black. Too late now though only thing I can do now is not watch the movie out of spite.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVuoX-yg0fd/ (From Maisie's Instagram)

Blu is there now as well, I'm assuming.

Hope to see the bond between Mirage and Wolfsbane start in this film.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm not defending Boone. I'm saying if it bothered you so much why didn't you protest every time Marvel drew him wrong? It would have made this scenario unlikely. Why didn't you complain about the image on his Wikipedia page. Why is THAT image the one chosen to be representative of the character for many folks who are looking him up for the first time? You didn't think any of this mattered? It's odd that people let Marvel represent the character however they wanted for decades and are now shocked that someone cast him wrong thanks to those wrong depictions which made the casting seem okay.
    What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...loading_images

Have you actually edited on Wikipedia before? Any Wikipedia author can add an image to the page and it can placed on the page with consensus or no consensus or whatever (as long as it's fair use or doesn't break protocol). And authors choose to keep or no in their next edit. The cover of X-Treme X-Men with Sunspot on the cover was on the page before. The cover of X-Force #46 was added. And anyone can revert or keep an image with other authors choosing to uphold the edit if it's helpful to the article. You need to read the rules on that.

And "however they wanted for decades"? Not even remotely true. The cases with Sunspot with lighter skin tone are far less than his look based on original depiction. That is fact if you actually know the character's history. You keep bringing up that old pic of Sunspot from the last New Mutants series (and when did that end? years ago) and he's been colored correctly in that series. And the people in Avengers have colored him correctly before. And the people behind USAvengers? Author was aware of the issue and his look with darker skin JUST like New Mutants, X-Force, Avengers, and so on is the current look. People didn't "let Marvel represent the character however they wanted" when this has been an ongoing thing that people HAVE spoken out about.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 06-24-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BVuoX-yg0fd/ (From Maisie's Instagram)

Blu is there now as well, I'm assuming.

Hope to see the bond between Mirage and Wolfsbane start in this film.

I can't wait for these 5 to become brothers and sister's!!!

That's wild she has like what 2 thousand followers and Maisie with like 5 million just shouted her out crazy!

Anya's IG
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-24-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I can't wait for these 5 to become brothers and sister's!!!

That's wild she has like what 2 thousand followers and Maisie with like 5 million just shouted her out crazy!

Anya's IG
    i was about to post that! xd
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i was about to post that! xd
    They appear to be having fun in the hotel....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...loading_images

Have you actually edited on Wikipedia before? Any Wikipedia author can add an image to the page and it can placed on the page with consensus or no consensus or whatever (as long as it's fair use or doesn't break protocol). And authors choose to keep or no in their next edit. The cover of X-Treme X-Men with Sunspot on the cover was on the page before. The cover of X-Force #46 was added. And anyone can revert or keep an image with other authors choosing to uphold the edit if it's helpful to the article. You need to read the rules on that.

And "however they wanted for decades"? Not even remotely true. The cases with Sunspot with lighter skin tone are far less than his look based on original depiction. That is fact if you actually know the character's history. You keep bringing up that old pic of Sunspot from the last New Mutants series (and when did that end? years ago) and he's been colored correctly in that series. And the people in Avengers have colored him correctly before. And the people behind USAvengers? Author was aware of the issue and his look with darker skin JUST like New Mutants, X-Force, Avengers, and so on is the current look. People didn't "let Marvel represent the character however they wanted" when this has been an ongoing thing that people HAVE spoken out about.
    So why didn't anyone send complaints when the lighter skinned image replaced the darker skinned image on Wiki? It's Wikipedia, it's the first place casuals go to check out the character when they hear he or she is included in a movie. So which representative image is chosen matters a LOT. And the reason I brought it up is that since it was allowed to remain on Wikipedia, that was the image Boone used while confirming the Sunspot casting.

Also, that wasn't the only time he was miscolored. Even New Avengers pulled this **** not even a year back and Marvel allowed light skinned depictions of Roberto for US Avengers initially, but this time Comics Alliance called them out: http://comicsalliance.com/sunspot-ne...-whitewashing/

The girls might be catching cabin fever lol

Blu Hunt

love the pics.

on other hand, seeing Maisie and Blu next to each other makes me wish to see Maisie with the classic short and red hair even more, because this way, they have similar looks, hair wise.

The three would have stood out much more with their respective hair colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    makes me wish to see Maisie with the classic short and red hair even more,

Would you prefer a different actress? Because there was zero chance she would dye her hair for this movie.

Me personally I'd rather a brunette Maisie then no Maisie at all.