Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jupiter Gorilla vs Thanos and Darkseid

Where my peeps at!! Who remembers JG!?

For newer Rumblers, Jupiter Gorilla is a composite lifeform with the stacked stats of how many Silverback Gorillas it would take to equal the mass of Jupiter lol.

Fights on planet Apocalypse

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He blitzes the unholy hell out of them, hitting them with sufficient strength to benchpress a couple of Jupiters, as I recall. Given his absurdly high intelligence (even by comic book standards), he will ensure his strikes hit stuff he considers to be weak points.

Alternately he uses Darkseid as a club to beat the snot out of Thanos to get two for one.

Assuming Darkseid survives long enough to use one of his various eyebeams, JG will (again, truly insane speed advantage - he could read a book while waiting for the Flash to attack him) simply stuff Darkseid's head into Thanos' mouth when the beams are primed to fire.

Basically, the only threat here is Thanos managing to keep upright long enough to try for some kind of massive area-frag or mind zorch. I'm not sure how well he'll manage that while being beaten over the head with Darkseid a couple million times every second.

Pity JG doesn't get prep in one of the comic universes, because that would be equally hilarious.

Huh ... doesn't exactly sound like anything Thanos couldn't survive. I mean, he'd be capable of surviving an assault from PC Superman long enough to mind-shablammy, for instance.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Then JG is in trouble. Simple as that.

Have no idea how the board views the whole 'Thanos durability versus extreme bricks' these days. JG is waaaay out there, but not exceeding PC Superman to be sure.

Don't see what *Several Jupiter* strength does against somebody who bitchslaps Star Busters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Don't see what *Several Jupiter* strength does against somebody who bitchslaps Star Busters.
    Uses Darksied like a bludgeon?

Guy is a stacked composite meaning it's ridiculously fast and smart. Like ... Flash fast. It just can't do much more than that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Huh ... doesn't exactly sound like anything Thanos couldn't survive. I mean, he'd be capable of surviving an assault from PC Superman long enough to mind-shablammy, for instance.
    Huh? Since when could Thanos tank a speedblitz from a guy who sneezes solar systems??

JG can bench 3000 planet earths and makes the Flash look like molasses on a glacier. You dont think that kind of blitz would work Thanos down? He would have relative years of time to punch Thanos in the temple compared to Thanos getting a neuron fired.

Alternatively, he gathers every Hellspore on Apocalypse and stuffs thanos inside of them before tossing the lot of few billion miles away in an epic explosion.

Or uses he speed to run around the planet creating something outta Motherbox and New God tech :P

Whoop. There's that - I forgot this is taking place on Apocalypse and not in the arena.

So then JG HAS prep, CAN use the environment (for whatever good it'll do), and can raid Apocalypse tech to see if it can help him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Huh? Since when could Thanos tank a speedblitz from a guy who sneezes solar systems??
    Star, IIRC.

Not Solar System. He does tow a chain of planets, however.

JG can bench 3000 planet earths and makes the Flash look like molasses on a glacier. You dont think that kind of blitz would work Thanos down?
    No.

He would have relative years of time to punch Thanos in the temple compared to Thanos getting a neuron fired.
    Yup. Which is still less constant damage than the time Odin decided to turn his beer-gut's attention at putting Thanos down.

Alternatively, he gathers every Hellspore on Apocalypse and stuffs thanos inside of them before tossing the lot of few billion miles away in an epic explosion.
    Which would be neat ... but there's that time Thanos otherwise shrugged off a rather massive singularity being blown up in his face. Or the time he blew that Gas Giant up in his own face to take out the Fallen One. Or ... see the point I'm trying to make?

Guy is really, really tough.

I suppose though, a BFR would work. Wait ... Thanos can teleport, last time I checked.

Arx Inosaan

This feels like it'll be a redo of the PC Supes v Thanos argument. I'm still on the side that thinks a billion+ punches of Thanos+ strength can knock out Thanos before he does much of anything. I'll see if any new arguments are brought to the table before really wading in haha.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    This feels like it'll be a redo of the PC Supes v Thanos argument. I'm still on the side that thinks a billion+ punches of Thanos+ strength can knock out Thanos before he does much of anything. I'll see if any new arguments are brought to the table before really wading in haha.
    So, the side that required ignoring Thanos' durability feats and attempting to make claims about wading into a constantly damaging effect that did not make any particular sense? You certainly did type a whole lot of stuff that never really answered how you could claim a constant effect constantly doing damage was somehow in any moment not doing damage in order to say a speedblitz was any sort of greater. You definitely tried to compare a constant effect someone was wading into over time to a zap from Cyclops.

Stuff a guy does after being zotted with reality warping screw around with him dust is iffy at best.

Which would be neat ... but there's that time Thanos otherwise shrugged off a rather massive singularity being blown up in his face.
    It imploded on him, he endured it, not shrugged it off, but it's remarkably notable all the same.

JG can bench 3000 planet earths and makes the Flash look like molasses on a glacier. You dont think that kind of blitz would work Thanos down? He would have relative years of time to punch Thanos in the temple compared to Thanos getting a neuron fired.
    If Thanos can survive wading into a continuous energy blast from Odin on a day where Odin is trying hard enough to one shot the Silver Surfer, along with Thanos' other durability showings, he can survive being blitzed long enough to fire a power off, vis a vis pre Crisis Clark for instance.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-10-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Well to be honest, I had this whole multi paragraph debate all ready to go... until you reminded me that Odin one shot Silver "swims through stars" Surfer BEFORE pulling out Gugnir.

I retract my claim that JG could inflict physical harm.

However, ask yourselves... if you gave Reed Richads 2 years on Apocalypse to devise a way to beat Thanos... could he? Cause we are still looking at that possiblility lol.

And yes 3000 Earths. :P I believe Sharp and Estrecca made the original JG calculations.

However, ask yourselves... if you gave Reed Richads 2 years on Apocalypse to devise a way to beat Thanos... could he? Cause we are still looking at that possiblility lol.
    Sure, why not. The one sided prep scenario is another animal. There's wacky ass crap on that planet.

I retract my claim that JG could inflict physical harm.
    Mneh, I wouldn't say he couldn't at all, I would just say Thanos would be able to stay up through it long enough to do a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Sure, why not. The one sided prep scenario is another animal. There's wacky ass crap on that planet.

Mneh, I wouldn't say he couldn't at all, I would just say Thanos would be able to stay up through it long enough to do a thing.
    Fair enough I suppose. But....... could Thanos survive Mr. Explode Face!? :P
    *nukes Pendaran with nostalgia bomb*

No one survived Mr Explode Face. We are all already exploded.

All.

ALL.