Page 283 of 347 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, this isn't the same Red Hulk as General Ross. It's a new Red Hulk, a.k.a. General Maverick, who somehow keeps his mustache when he transforms, though that's probably to make him visually distinct from Ross's Red Hulk. He's one of Sunspot's U.S.Avengers.
    To be fair, keeping the moustache when he transforms is the easy part, complicated is having it being sent to Mephisto's realm like Ross used to .

By the way, something that I haven't seen referenced in any reviews of issue 237. Is nobody surprised by the fact that...

spoilers:
    Rio has a gun?!?!?!? I thought it was weird enough that Jefferson has a ridiculous stash of bills just sitting in a cookie jar (because a former SHIELD agent would just leave that lying around in a Brooklyn apartment) but it was very weird to see Rio casually gripping a gun and putting it in her purse.
    end of spoilers
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

What's weird about that? Especially after finding out Miles is a superhero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Didn’t she always have one though. I remember her spoilers:
    pulling it out of her purse and using it against Venom during the Venom War Saga back in the ultimate universe.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Greekfire13 View Post
    Didn’t she always have one though. I remember her spoilers:
    pulling it out of her purse and using it against Venom during the Venom War Saga back in the ultimate universe.
    end of spoilers
    I went back and looked and sure enough, you're right - spoilers:
    it's a few panels during the hospital battle.
    end of spoilers I still found it a little jarring in the context of this particular run, especially when (in this universe) I hadn't gotten the impression from her of being able to have that steely confidence (this was the most characterization she's ever had). I can see it now as a really subtle nod to the past.
    Last edited by Project37; 02-11-2018 at 05:49 AM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

https://www.newsarama.com/38593-cabl...bloodbath.html

Nrama: Cable is a man defined more by his experiences than his destiny. What mark would you like to leave behind when you say goodbye to Nate Summers?

Brisson: Oh, I’m not saying goodbye to Nate Summers just yet. He and I will be crossing paths again very soon and when that happens… the stuff is gonna hit the fan. Stay tuned for details.
    Starting to believe more and more that it's Brisson taking over this book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38593-cabl...bloodbath.html

Starting to believe more and more that it's Brisson taking over this book.
    Or he's writing a new X-Force or Cable-led team book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or he's writing a new X-Force or Cable-led team book.
    Maybe. It just seems that with the rumor that he's taking over one of Bendis' books and we know it isn't Iron Man or Jessica Jones plus Defenders might be getting cancelled I believe him writing for Miles makes the most since especially after Cable's appearance.

He also called his next book "bucket list". Miles is too new to be that to him.

It would certainly explain Cable's appearance in Spider-Man a few months ago though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He also called his next book "bucket list". Miles is too new to be that to him.

It would certainly explain Cable's appearance in Spider-Man a few months ago though.
    Depends on how he defines it. Say he wanted to write a teenage character or a Spider-Man book, Miles would technically fulfill that quota. :P
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Liev Schreiber talks about the movie.

hat was it about that project that made you say, “I want to do this,”?

Schreiber: It was actually the animation team. The guys who are working on it, I saw their work and said, “Wow! These guys are special.” And it is. It’s going to be pretty special, from what I’ve seen so far. And I haven’t seen much, but it’s pretty special. They’re super-talented. And just working with them in the brief time that we did on my stuff, I’ve been in a bunch of these different situations, and these guys have their ducks in a row. And they’re collaborative. They know what they want and they’re clear, they’ve got all their sequences and their animatics, but you come up at them with a creative idea and they shift, they do it nimbly and with great execution.

It looks like it’s inside a comic book, the animation.

Schreiber: Yeah! That’s what I love about it. But it also is anamorphic … ooo I don’t know if I should have said that. [laughs] If you know something about film, that’s an amazing thing for an animated film to do that well. Anamorphic is the stretched-out format and it really is a much broader, bigger canvas, which is unusual for animation because you’re generally trying to focus the action. These guys have decided to go anamorphic with it and it’s stunning. If you’ve seen that trailer, you already get a sense of what it is.
    How did recording for Isle of Dogs compare to your performance for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?

Liev Schreiber: I don’t know if I’m allowed to talk about that yet, but I will tell you that it was much more of a character and much more of a voice, like a full … We took some big chances on that. By the way, it looks amazing.

Compared to the amount of time though?

Schreiber: It was a lot more work [but] one session. But you know, I’m fast. I’m good at this stuff. I got a lot of practice with this from doing Dogs and spending so much time in the recording both. And also from directing a little bit, I know the short-cuts. I can tell when a director doesn’t like something and I can tell when they want to go … especially with voice work, you can’t be too precious about your work. “That didn’t work. Goodbye.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Purposely making it in Anamorphic format huh? I admit I don't know too much involving camera formatting techniques but if it was enough for one of the voice actors to take note of then I can only guess we haven't even scraped the surface of the visual style of the movie will be like.

Not bad, interesting design on the web shooter.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Not bad, interesting design on the web shooter.
    Gonna be weird seeing this next to his Kid Arachnid toys
    Well if they sell it at the same time.