Page 50 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Never mind, was modified, saw the actual interviews on Marvel channel
    Last edited by Robotech Master; 02-11-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Ep. 6: Loved the shout-out to the movie Kick-Ass. Both Quicksilver actors were in that movie.

Regarding the rest...yikes!

Didn’t understand the “commercial” though.

spoilers:
    Her using magic to survive might be the commercial is hinting at?
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Ep. 6: Loved the shout-out to the movie Kick-Ass. Both Quicksilver actors were in that movie.
    During the beginning I thought for a second that Billy was wearing a Kick-Ass costume, or the colors anyway. But yes, they really hammered home that reference, and it made me laugh. (it really would be a multiverse of Madness if she brought Kick-Ass into the MCU and he looked like her brother!)

I know it's partly because the sitcoms are getting closer to present day, but the switch from Westview to SWORD base felt almost similar in tone. Maybe it's because the three amigos were getting into hijinks and their scenes weren't quite as serious, the sitcom tone kinda lingered through their scenes, undermining the drama. (for me anyway)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The era in this episode is a bit debatable now since we have references to both 90's and 00's movies in this episode. But I assumed that Malcolm In The Middle was the base point.

Awesome that Billy had a Wiccan alluding style costume as well.

We STILL don't know who Monica's contact is (outside they're male)! I really hope after all this build up it's someone interesting like Reed or Bruce or Hank.

spoilers:
    I think this episode was a misdirect again. Agness isn't Agatha Harkness. Shes Nightmare and using Wanda. When people like Norm are playing the part the real them is suppressed in a Nightmare. That's why he yelled about stopping her. He didn't mean Wanda he meant Agness. Nightmare wants to manipulate Wanda into extending the hex. That was the point in the Vision scene. Agness wanted to get him to go outaide and for Wanda to extens the hex. Everyone inside is in a constant waking nightmare feeding Nighmares power. This is a bad and flawed theory but it's what i got.. Again like with most every episode my opinion will change next week. I was convinced last week that Pietro was really Mephisto. Jumped off that wagon hard. No Mesphisto, Katheryn Hann is Nightmare..... maybe lol

Also how does Peter know stuff that happened after Pietro died? Even if she gave him her Pietros memories , he wouldn't know Vision died.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-12-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like the sitcom portion of this episode. I grew up watching Malcom in the Middle and this episode was very much in the vein of that. I must say, Elizabeth Olsen looks great in Wanda's classic costume.

spoilers:
    I enjoyed the tension between Wanda and Pietro. Wanda knows he is not her Pietro and he only seems to know what SWORD probably knows about him. He deliberately avoids answering the intimate question that the MCU Pietro should know. Him outright admitting to be a disruption is an interesting take.

Hayward is tracking Vision's body that definitely leads me to believe that Wanda had a justifiable reason to bust his body out of SWORD. His distrust for super powered individuals feels like the building blocks for X-Men status quo when they are eventually integrated. Him throwing Maria's death at Monica's face was a low blow.

Monica being in the Hex is what's gonna give her powers? If that's the case then that should apply to the other residents of Westwood once they are freed from the Hex.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-12-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Someone is feeding on Wanda's magic.

And again I say, Agnes is a red herring. Dottie is the enemy, watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like the sitcom portion of this episode. I grew up watching Malcom in the Middle and this episode was very much in the vein of that. I must say, Elizabeth Olsen looks great in Wanda's classic costume.

spoilers:
    I enjoyed the tension between Wanda and Pietro. Wanda knows he is not her Pietro and he only seems to know what SWORD probably knows about him. He deliberately avoids answering the intimate question that the MCU Pietro should know. Him outright admitting to be a disruption is an interesting take.

Hayward is tracking Vision's body that definitely leads me to believe that Wanda had a justifiable reason to bust his body out of SWORD. His distrust for super powered individuals feels like the building blocks for X-Men status quo when they are eventually integrated. Him throwing Maria's death at Monica's face was a low blow.

Monica being in the Hex is what's gonna give her powers? If that's the case then that should apply to the other residents of Westwood once they are freed from the Hex.
    end of spoilers
    I didn't think it was so much her being in the hex, as passing thru the hex field edge.

Regarding the rest...yikes!

spoilers:
    I'm thinking this is the experience of a child whose parents were Snapped away and starved to death. Perhaps they were reincarnated into Billy, who became the star of the sitcom this episode
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I didn't think it was so much her being in the hex, as passing thru the hex field edge.
    Twice, so far.

spoilers:
    Man, it hit seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson Quicksilver's death again.

It was nice to see the twins settling more into their comic characterizations, right down to Tommy taking so much after Pietro right down to the powers (white hair still incoming) and Billy wearing a homemade version of his comic costume.

Elizabeth Olsen in the classic Scarlet Witch costume has been promoted so much, but man did she look amazing in it. And Paul Bettany in the classic Vision look with those yellow shorts! We even get Evan Peters sporting the classic Quicksilver look.

Hayward's a jerk and shady, but Darcy's comments were uncalled for. There's only so much you can be glib about a guy almost getting killed.

Hey, MCU Jimmy Woo can throw a good punch when he needs to.

Yeah, it seems like Monica is pretty close to gaining her powers at this point. One last dip in the Hex might be enough to do it.

So Agnes seems to be as controlled as everyone else is, but is she manipulating Vision against Wanda?

What is this version of Pietro doing? He's there to fulfill the goofy, mischievous, uncle role in the sitcom, but he's also "in the know" and prodding Wanda about it. It's like there are people in this world who function just to serve but others who are knowingly trying to push Wanda into something.

So SWORD is definitely after Vision, their "asset," and I'm guessing CATARACT was designed to weaponize Vision.

Is the new commercial supposed to represent Wanda discovering magic? It got pretty morbid.

It really would've taken that guy two seconds to unfcuff Darcy instead of just leaving her there. Well, I guess now she gets to join the sitcom, which might be kind of fun.

Wanda needs to save Vision, who can only exist in Westview, so she extends the Hex which covers even more people and area, making things demonstrably worse (especially when some of the people in the Hex are seemingly frozen in place and can't do anything but stand around and maintain the visual of the illusion). Those poor SWORD Agents.
    end of spoilers

Re: the commercial. I think it's a Soul Stone reference. (the way the other commercials each referenced an Infinity Stone) The yogurt image with the opened lid is an orange oval. The kid on the island in the middle of the ocean reminds me of Thanos and Clint waking up in water after getting the Soul Stone. The kid is unable to open the lid, which might mean she (or someone) can't access the Soul, referring to maybe the people she's created or brought back from the dead won't survive without a soul.(Vision, Pietro, her kids?)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the commercial is referencing the big bad. Whatever it is it's feeding on Wanda's magic. I think the kid being unable to open the lid is a representation of the trapped residents of Westview. Considering how much pain they are in it wouldn't surprise me if does kill them. There have been some characters from earlier episodes that straight up disappeared. Where's Dottie been since episode 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think the commercial is referencing the big bad. Whatever it is it's feeding on Wanda's magic. I think the kid being unable to open the lid is a representation of the trapped residents of Westview. Considering how much pain they are in it wouldn't surprise me if does kill them. There have been some characters from earlier episodes that straight up disappeared. Where's Dottie been since episode 2?
    I was curious about Dottie too because they've had her in previews sniffing those flowers but she hasn't appeared again yet.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.