Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Thread

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, but they ride horses in that getup. And, for whatever it's worth, said getup looks better on women:

Yes, yes, I'd say it does look better on her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think it is a riding outfit. I needed some ridiculous garb worn by the rich for the joke to work.

I Googled silly rich clothes or something.
    I have seen worse, but it was still a good one!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The last Auto Show here in Philly was in late January 2020, a month and a half before the world went to hell from the lockdown. You were allowed to sit in Benzes, Range Rovers, Jaguars and Audis, but not Porsches, Rolls Royces, Bentleys or supercars. As for BMW, they stopped coming to the show after 2018. This year's show never took place, and so far, there's no word on if it'll return for '22.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-25-2021 at 05:11 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

The last Auto Show here in Philly was in late January 2020, a month and a half before the world went to hell from the lockdown. You were allowed to sit in Benzes, Range Rovers, Jaguars and Audis, but not Porsches, Rolls Royces, Bentleys or supercars. As for BMW, they stopped coming to the show after 2018. This year's show never took place, and so far, there's no word on if it'll return for '22.
    Nice! Anaheim last time didn't have Benz, Porche, Audi, but did have BMW M series, including the M5 which I sat in and didn't think was nice. For what it's worth, I also got to sit in a Jag F series, gorgeous car, but someone had set the seat to "very short person", and I was sort of convinced a sword blade would shoot out of the dashboard and impale me if I dared to reset the seat. Didn't like the Mustangs; the Challengers were nice, the Range Rovers very nice, and the Astons were...Aston Martin

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Shown is my dream car that is the Ferrari LaFerrari.

A amazing looking car that has a very unique design including the curves, a hybrid with Fighter Jet looks which no other car in the world has, the long range mirrors on the sides, thin headlights, the Ferrari logo in the center bottom area, red mirrors, 950 Horsepower, flat steering wheel on top and bottom, also the steering wheel transmits a lot of information about the road, etc.

163283310-2013-geneva-auto-show.jpg-850x560.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Shown is my dream car that is the Ferrari LaFerrari.

A amazing looking car that has a very unique design including the curves, a hybrid with Fighter Jet looks which no other car in the world has, the long range mirrors on the sides, thin headlights, the Ferrari logo in the center bottom area, red mirrors, 950 Horsepower, flat steering wheel on top and bottom, also the steering wheel transmits a lot of information about the road, etc.

163283310-2013-geneva-auto-show.jpg-850x560.jpg
    Great car, but it could use a better name. Something dramatic and powerful, maybe with a racing pedigree.

Extraordinary Member

Argh! They cancelled the Orange County, (Anaheim), Auto Show because of the Delta variant which is currently on the downswing here. I was looking forward to that. The LA Auto Show is still on...but honestly, I expect it to be cancelled too.

Extraordinary Member

Saw me one of these yesterday, Say hi to the Mclaren P1, one of 127 the USA got. I've seen this same one before...and one other. Where I am probably has many of the rest as well, along with a dealership nearby the Ferrari/Maserati dealerships, and the Aston dealership till that one moved a few miles down the road.

It was even that color. The pictures don't even do it justice; in person it's the most striking car I've seen.

Extraordinary Member

Tell me you don't want this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59065674

I certainly do. Looks a bit dangerous though...

My hovercraft is full of eels.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

My hovercraft is full of eels.
    So you are a eel and sodium salesman then?

Pretty sure I'd fall through those blades in the first thirty seconds I was on it, while crashing into a building or mountain at 60MPH. Even with those crossguards over the fans. I'd find a way to muck it up.

It's Monty Python.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

It's Monty Python.
    Hmmm, what sketch? I love them, but it's been awhile since I've seen that show.

The other was a reference to a Top Gear episode, wherein they took a look at buying cars for sodium and eel salesmen. Yes, or course this being top gear, the sodium did mix with the eel's water and exploded. Because that's how they used to roll... I don't know, it was funnier to watch then explain.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Tell me you don't want this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59065674

I certainly do. Looks a bit dangerous though...
    The horsepower needed to make that thing fly would have to be crazy!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

The horsepower needed to make that thing fly would have to be crazy!
    Didn't think of that. It's a motorcycle engine? So maybe 130--160 HP? Is that enough? Also, how big would the cubes of person be after that thing crashes? I certain have seen Empire Strikes Back, and I know what happens with something like that...

I'd still give it a go, though.