Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #95 Preview

Nightwing #95 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

Way to deflate every moment of tension!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Way to deflate every moment of tension!
    look on the bright side, Tom Taylor is having fun writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Well, I believe someone should enjoy the things they do...and fans seem to eat it up and help the book sell...so I guess it works out in the end.

Astonishing Member

And I'm having fun reading it!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Bruno is back, and that's the good point. Dick is really dumb and incompetent in this issue.

Dick’s connections make him OP, lol.

Great issue. Good to see Redondo back at the art duties.

Hopefully this is not going to end like previous runs of Nightwing when Blockbuster knew too much.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Bruno is back, and that's the good point. Dick is really dumb and incompetent in this issue.
    He gets beat up and knocked out every issue. Written to look to incompetent. Without the art this would be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    He gets beat up and knocked out every issue. Written to look to incompetent. Without the art this would be trash.
    Dick is a big coward in this run. He ran away from all the confrontations he had with Blockbuster, the only exception was when he had the Titans on his side.
    What was Dick's big match in that run? The police commissioner?
    In an issue of Zdarsky's Batman Dick showed more courage, proactiveness and competence than in this run, in a fight he lost.
    Where is Hearthless? I thought it would be about him and not about Blockbuster.
    I lost the hype, I'm trying hard to keep buying, but it's getting harder and harder.

This was a very Tom Taylor Nightwing issue.

Incredible Member

Some of the complaints regarding this run come off as hyperbolic. Dick has not been knocked out since like the 4th issue of the run. He`s a coward for not fighting a guy he would gained nothing from fighting in that moment and instead got his sister to safety? I guess running into a burning bldg and sacrificing yourself for kids takes no courage.

My biggest complaint lately is, there has not been as much tension as the first arc but this issue definitely turned that around. In my mind this is one of the most competent versions of Dick Grayson to have a solo. He`s using all of his resources and using his brains to fight crime and make a permanent impact. He has contributed a ton to the city, irreparably damaged Blockbusters organization, taken out the city's dirty cops and during the team ups mentored the new Superman and took down a high level Assassination organization.

My heart goes out to you if you do not like the Babs relationship. I have really enjoyed it this run so I am happy with progress but I know not everyone feels the same. Dicks conversation with Kate definitely means he is going to propose.

The one who targeted the kids was Dick, the one who pulled the trigger for Blockbuster act like that was Dick.
    And I don't think Taylor even noticed it.

Incredible Member

The one who targeted the kids was Dick, the one who pulled the trigger for Blockbuster act like that was Dick.
    He opened a community area for them. Thats not targeting them. Kids and citizens get targeted in comics all the time. I doubt you level the same criticism for every similar story. Should he have just let them live in poverty?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This is the kind of lame thinking that kills super heroes having normal lives and relationships. "Oh, Batman/Dick/ Hero-x can't really be happy because the bad guys will target them!" is a crutch and a cliche not something one is actually support as an interesting plot point.

It wasn't Dick who targeted the kids, Dick did the right thing by trying to do right by them and Blockbuster is just doing bog standard bad guy things for bad guy reasons.

That said, that Blockbuster was able to take Dick out so easily and uncover his secret identity did have me rolling my eyes. Everything else though? Fantastic. I loved that the goons thought it was Blockbuster at the door only for it to be be Dick to the rescue, and then bringing in the whole Batfamily and all his various Superfriends to fix the city in a single bound was really fun.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-16-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!