Page 7 of 270 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    With how DC treats Kori. I'm not really looking forward to this. Hopefully this is actually good and not bashing on Kori. Not lustfully or anything similar to that.
    I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I often wonder about that. In some like the animated series I think he finished college. If he did what would he even go to college for? I don't mind if he doesn't go. I just wonder if some of the reason they didn't know what to do. I often thought maybe social worker

I'm Curious if Zatanna was the same age has Dick would you guys think she and Dick should Date?
    To me dick dropping out of college should be him realizing that the normal civilian life isnt for him, that dick grayson and nightwing are one and the same. So getting a degree is pointless because his life is being a hero being nightwing, what does nightwing need from a degree.

I which dick could date zee (Dem Fishnets ) but dick is bat grounded, but bruce is aging up zee she needs to be deaged.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-09-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Seeley said that he saw Spyral as Dick's metaphorical college. A civilian life certainly isn't suited to him.

I thought Dick and Zatanna were cute in Young Justice, but in the comics her relationship to Bruce makes that impossible.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I mean how many different jobs has he had ? Also what should his relationship with Jason be? Despite the way he acts I wonder if Jason cares or no. I mean he sees Dick has everything he isn't

I don't think Jason cares about what's going on with Dick's life. He has his own problems.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Seeley said that he saw Spyral as Dick's metaphorical college. A civilian life certainly isn't suited to him.

I thought Dick and Zatanna were cute in Young Justice, but in the comics her relationship to Bruce makes that impossible.
    Huh, that's interesting. Makes sense when you frame his Spyral years that way.

I wish we'd seen more of their relationship in YJ. They were extremely cute and then one timeskip later, they're broken up and moved on. We never got to see how it would work (or wouldn't). Yeah, the Bruce thing makes it a little weird, but this is hardly the first time they've shared love interests unfortunately.

If spyral was dicks college years than id wish that nightwing kept the things that worked for him in spyral and bring them into nightwing, because right now its just dick and a empty city.

What parts of Spyral work ?

Something's like some support characters, gear, locations, themes, genre, global trotting, god garden etc.

Dicks been nightwing for over 3 decades, its time to have more to show from it that a costume and empty setting.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 01-09-2021 at 08:49 PM.

A yes to all of that.

And regarding gear, I'd love for Dick to have the Spyral Implant back or that technology he used in Batman #0 or #1 where he impersonated the Joker. I think gear like that could give more grounded stories another layer and tap into the Dick is a performer backstory/trope. Basically, Dick isn't just investigating as Nightwing but also regularly going undercover. It's not as if Spyral was the first time Dick did undercover work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    To me dick dropping out of college should be him realizing that the normal civilian life isnt for him, that dick grayson and nightwing are one and the same. So getting a degree is pointless because his life is being a hero being nightwing, what does nightwing need from a degree.

I which dick could date zee (Dem Fishnets ) but dick is bat grounded, but bruce is aging up zee she needs to be deaged.
    I don’t think that makes sense especially for a Mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    A yes to all of that.

And regarding gear, I'd love for Dick to have the Spyral Implant back or that technology he used in Batman #0 or #1 where he impersonated the Joker. I think gear like that could give more grounded stories another layer and tap into the Dick is a performer backstory/trope. Basically, Dick isn't just investigating as Nightwing but also regularly going undercover. It's not as if Spyral was the first time Dick did undercover work.
    It sounds like you are talking about Batman #1 from the New 52, which happened before Dick joined Spyral. But yes, if that were his "college experience" I would like for him to apply some of the skills he acquired there a bit more often.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It sounds like you are talking about Batman #1 from the New 52, which happened before Dick joined Spyral. But yes, if that were his "college experience" I would like for him to apply some of the skills he acquired there a bit more often.
    I'd love to see more of his skills going undercover/manipulating enemies as well, that was something Grayson was good at showing.

I agree. To be honest. I do like the idea if they just had him be an acrobat. A freelancer.

I'm curious with how close Donna and Dick were(Before this whole change her origin thing) how would Dick and Diana be able to interacted? I would really like a story with the team
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-10-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Something's like some support characters, gear, locations, themes, genre, global trotting, god garden etc.

Dicks been nightwing for over 3 decades, its time to have more to show from it that a costume and empty setting.
    At one point we did have a growing, flourishing setting, supporting cast, and rogues gallery. We look back on the original solo and Dixon era with a fair degree of scorn now, because the "Bat regression" has devolved Dick into a sidekick (and a poor one at that!) and stripped him of his more unique facets, but those are all problems that really didn't manifest until Infinite Crisis, when DC literally blew up all the world building that had been put into the character. And DC seems to have worked hard to ensure that no amount of world building would stick ever since.

Fortunately, with Dick seemingly getting more page time and respect and higher caliber creators, maybe this is turning around and we can start the slow process of rebuilding his brand. It won't be a quick development but these kinds of things are always a long term investment.....and hopefully DC now realizes how much potential revenue they've lost by disrespecting the IP and will work to correct their screw ups.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.