Page 228 of 324 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4858

Good Daredevil issue, I'd say. Certainly the calm before the storm. 600 next!

Daredevil #599 good.

Defenders #10 writing bad. Art good.

I have a feeling the Hood story line is going to transfer over to Daredevil though.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Daredevil #599 good.

Defenders #10 writing bad. Art good.

I have a feeling the Hood story line is going to transfer over to Daredevil though.
    I briefly skimmed through Defenders and realized it had next to nothing to with the solit description and could not care less. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually just to find out how it concluded. The art was as good as ever.

It wasn't even next to nothing. It was the furthest thing from the solicit. Over the course of the entire series.. Matt definitely spoke the least. I get that it was the last issue so the cover changed and the script probably had to change too but damn. I really wish Matt had more to do. That said, I really hope we get to see him drawn by Marquez again soon.

It wasn't even next to nothing. It was the furthest thing from the solicit. Over the course of the entire series.. Matt definitely spoke the least. I get that it was the last issue so the cover changed and the script probably had to change too but damn. I really wish Matt had more to do. That said, I really hope we get to see him drawn by Marquez again soon.
    Yes! I always felt like he had the least amount of presence throughout the series which didn't help since he was the main draw of this title for me. That's probably why I so excited for this issue since it was supposed to spotlight him but alas it all ends as was the series as a massive disappointment. It feels like there was a ton of potential for this series completely squandered. All that said, plans seemed to have changed and this issue in particular with them so it may have been awesome. Ah, well.

Soule has been doing a fantastic job, I have especially been enjoying the mayor Fisk arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Yes! I always felt like he had the least amount of presence throughout the series which didn't help since he was the main draw of this title for me. That's probably why I so excited for this issue since it was supposed to spotlight him but alas it all ends as was the series as a massive disappointment. It feels like there was a ton of potential for this series completely squandered. All that said, plans seemed to have changed and this issue in particular with them so it may have been awesome. Ah, well.
    Basically... "Oh well" is all it comes down to. I liked the overall story. But seriously wish Matt was more involved as he was obviously the main draw for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Soule has been doing a fantastic job, I have especially been enjoying the mayor Fisk arc.
    Yes he has. Cool to see that final page with everyone on it. Funny how both today's Daredevil and Defenders ended basically the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Absolutely.

Basically... "Oh well" is all it comes down to. I liked the overall story. But seriously wish Matt was more involved as he was obviously the main draw for me too.

Yes he has. Cool to see that final page with everyone on it. Funny how both today's Daredevil and Defenders ended basically the same way.
    In addition to that, and this may be biased, of course, but I think he should been the team leader more so than Luke. DD impresses as a natural leader (as I'm sure we're about to see on display in DD 600), not to mention his many years dealing with NY crime unlike the others who have been Avengers mainstays for the most part. Who better to direct the team specifically formed for street level crime than the one who has the most experience fighting it? DD just never felt right as the background player he's largely came off as throughout this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    In addition to that, and this may be biased, of course, but I think he should been the team leader more so than Luke. DD impresses as a natural leader (as I'm sure we're about to see on display in DD 600), not to mention his many years dealing with NY crime unlike the others who have been Avengers mainstays for the most part. Who better to direct the team specifically formed for street level crime than the one who has the most experience fighting it? DD just never felt right as the background player he's largely came off as throughout this series.
    Oh yeah, absolutely. I feel like that transition is going to happen into Daredevil now. He called everyone to meet him. He's leading the charge against Fisk now. And it looks like that's going to carry over past #600

I'm excited. Garney's send off. It's gonna be awesome!

(Secretly hoping he continues to do covers for the series)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Muse has continued to be impressive. He's got a wonderful manic menace about him. There's also a great ad for Daredevil #600 that wonderfully parallels the cover for the original Daredevil #1.

This issue of Defenders might be the most Bendis issue of anything I've ever read. There are some moments early on in the dialogue that feel directly lifted from his Daredevil run. Overall, this felt like a relatively dull, talkey issue. I'm not even necessarily worrying about Daredevil screentime, he's got his own book, but the whole thing fell flat.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Muse has been excellent. The outcome of what happened to Sam is a little worrisome. But he's been a great third party in this Daredevil/Mayor Fisk arc.

You're right about Daredevil not getting as much screen time in Defenders, but having his own book. Still, I would have liked to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Muse has continued to be impressive. He's got a wonderful manic menace about him. There's also a great ad for Daredevil #600 that wonderfully parallels the cover for the original Daredevil #1.

This issue of Defenders might be the most Bendis issue of anything I've ever read. There are some moments early on in the dialogue that feel directly lifted from his Daredevil run. Overall, this felt like a relatively dull, talkey issue. I'm not even necessarily worrying about Daredevil screentime, he's got his own book, but the whole thing fell flat.
    Muse has been excellent. The outcome of what happened to Sam is a little worrisome. But he's been a great third party in this Daredevil/Mayor Fisk arc.

You're right about Daredevil not getting as much screen time in Defenders, but having his own book. Still, I would have liked to see more of him.
    Same here on Muse.