10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    They could make this power a second mutation...I guess.

It also makes you wonder if she was more powerful before Professor X asked her to join the X-Men.
    the further she moved away from her inherit godhood the more she became lightning lass. Now writers can course correct.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    the further she moved away from her inherit godhood the more she became lightning lass. Now writers can course correct.
    Don't bet on it. Solicitation for X-Men Gold #32: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men:_Gold_Vol_2_32

Storm is taking a nap, as usual.

I'm excited about BP #172, but I feel like this is the last we are going to see of this development for a long time unless Marvel goes through with a Coates-written Storm-ongoing. They could still change their mind on doing one.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 12:58 PM.

My only real problem...I wish she would have done more. Like a real 3 or 4 page fight between her and Adversary.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Don't bet on it. Solicitation for X-Men Gold #32: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men:_Gold_Vol_2_32

Storm is taking a nap as usual.

I'm excited about BP #172, but I feel like this is the last we are going to see of this development for a long time unless Marvel goes through with a Coates-written Storm-ongoing. They could still change their mind on doing one.
    I think of Gold like the last two original seasons of Roseanne. It didn't happen. I mean of course it happened but i can perfectly pretend it didn't happen to the point it didn't. lol Nothing last forever and Guggs shall go as some point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

My only real problem...I wish she would have done more. Like a real 3 or 4 page fight between her and Adversary.
    I agree with this. It needed a more rewarding payoff with a more extensive fight between the two especially after such a long build-up, but at least he got the job done.

I agree with this. It needed a more rewarding payoff with a more extensive fight between the two especially after such a long build-up, but at least he got the job done.
    Agree 100%
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I like that she didn't have to do much because that leaves a huge question mark on what exactly she is capable of. This makes Storm a potential huge unknown in the Marvel U now, and she was already a huge known.

I would like to hope she comes into play during the Intergalactic story line. I could easily see the Shiar gods taking issue with the Wakandian expansion.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I hope she can access this power at will now. I'm not interested of her only being able to gain this power, by prayers only. Like what happens if she is in a situation where she needs this power? Does she need to wait around for people to pray?? NO.

I want this at will anytime.

BANNED

Y'all there are so many good scan to post from this issue. I don't even know where to begin! I wanna bump all the Storm vs threads on every rumbles board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I hope she can access this power at will now. I'm not interested of her only being able to gain this power, by prayers only. Like what happens if she is in a situation where she needs this power? Does she need to wait around for people to pray?? NO.

Agreed. I view this as a power she has always had, but simply locked it away within herself much like her Roguestorm episode. She can access the power at will, but simply chooses not to.

BANNED

Agreed. I view this as a power she has always had, but simply locked it away within herself much like her Roguestorm episode. She can access the power at will, but simply chooses not to.
    Right.

I want this to be at ANY TIME she wants. I don't wanna hear no Storm needs prayers to access this power NO!. This needs to be at will....

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Y'all there are so many good scan to post from this issue. I don't even know where to begin! I wanna bump all the Storm vs threads on every rumbles board.
    LOL please don't LOL

I think she will be able to call upon it at will or rather i think that is the intent. The first time it happened the people who were praying were not glowing, this time they were. Also the way tchalla offered it to her was different, it was a gift from her ancestors she herself had to claim. I think it was intended to be like an ascension. JMO though.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I think she will be able to call upon it at will or rather i think that is the intent. The first time it happened the people who were praying were not glowing, this time they were. Also the way tchalla offered it to her was different, it was a gift from her ancestors she herself had to claim. I think it was intended to be like an ascension. JMO though.
    I agree. I saw the whole "praying" scene as Coates merely showing people believing in her. When she tapped into this power in the earlier issue to dispel Adversary's storms and close his portals, nobody was praying to her at the time, though they believed in her power. There are still people believing in her as well along the Serengeti.

But, I digress. Again, I believe she can access this power anytime, but merely chooses to lock it away most of the time.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 09:29 AM.

BANNED

WELL, the only way we can be sure is if a situation like this happens and she could use this power.

*Looks back at Gold Issue #25* LOL HAHAHAHAHA

BANNED

I agree with this. Storm should have access to this power handed down from her ancestors. "Greater than any mutation" did anyone else catch all the shade Coates was throwing at his detractors? It's like he was talking to ALL the BP fans that have a problem with his inclusion of Storm AND all the X-fans that talk that garbage about her feats not mattering if they don't happen in an X-book. This black man and his epic shade throwing needs to be brought on as a scribe for the X-office. Smfh @ Coates' magnificence.
    Right.

I want this to be at ANY TIME she wants. I don't wanna hear no Storm needs prayers to access this power NO!. This needs to be at will....

LOL please don't LOL
    Lmao I'm trying to resist the urge. I know quite a few posters that are gonna cry after we present the scans from BP #172.
    This. This. Absolutely this. A gift from her ancestors. A power that has been with her since her conception.