Page 357 of 359 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359 LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5374
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Remember how they wouldn't do this with Ken Shamrock?

it speaks how well they value Lesner.

Look at RVD and Jericho they have a similar agreement but they are not holding any belts and are getting jobbed out to the new stars to the point it may start damaging their drawing power.

Extraordinary Member

Jericho's won't be harmed, RVD is though.

i didn't know jericho or RVD even had drawing power. i do know they've both been jobbed enough that a win over them doesn't mean much if anything at all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    it speaks how well they value Lesner.

Look at RVD and Jericho they have a similar agreement but they are not holding any belts and are getting jobbed out to the new stars to the point it may start damaging their drawing power.
    I don't think Jericho is really being jobbed out in his last run though. Heck, he beat Wyatt to the surprise of some at least in the first match of their series.

Honestly I think Jericho came back specifically to work with and put over Hyatt anyways. I think Jericho is one of those guys that isn't so protective of his spot that he won't put over someone else, as long as it's done the right way.

I suppose you could sort of make that arguement for RVD. Though honestly if RVD was full time he'd probably be in the exact same spot. I think RVD's days as a main eventer are pretty much done, except in multiple person matches like Elimination Chambers or Money in the Banks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Jericho is really being jobbed out in his last run though. Heck, he beat Wyatt to the surprise of some at least in the first match of their series.
    the people who were surprised by that don't watch enough pro wrestling.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose you could sort of make that arguement for RVD. Though honestly if RVD was full time he'd probably be in the exact same spot. I think RVD's days as a main eventer are pretty much done, except in multiple person matches like Elimination Chambers or Money in the Banks.
    I was stunned when they let RVD beat Seth Rollins last week. (Even if it was on Main Event)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I'm sorry, i am being silly.
    Clearly WWE contracts allow for the performer to walk out anytime they want, it's why it has happened so often.
    And Punk owns CM Punk, but that doesn't mean WWE doesn't own rights to market it. Punk wasn't getting 100% merch revenue.
    Yeah, can't beat, Gail Kim who eliminated herself in a Battle Royal and then walked backstage and quit. Nothing happened to her. (But she couldn't go to TNA until after her contract ran out)

Extraordinary Member

I believe WWE's worst fear is someone ( TNA, or ROH) will talk punk into coming back and give him unlimited time on a mic to Shoot on them.

RoH maybe. Punk would not go to TNA and even if he did I suspect few would care in 2014 (or '15.)
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Marks have an intersting view on Jericho the last two part-time runs ...

He was winning too much when he actually spent the majority of the time losing and he's losing too much when he's won more matches than he had in years.

You guys are weird.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jericho is maybe my favorite wrestler ever, though at this point he should be putting people over. And Chris has rarely if ever had a problem doing that anyway. So I am cool in that sense.

That said, I don't think they are using whatever momentum Bray and the Wyatts could have gotten out of feuding with him wisely so far. Tbh I have not cared for the way they are booking Bray in general. He looks to be on a similar path as Cesaro. And given how over Bray was added to him cutting unique and high quality promos, I think they are squandering potential lately.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Astonishing Member

Jericho right now is the number one face in the company with Punk and Bryan being gone. Cena is not a traditional face because all heels that he fueds with are cheered for. Reigns is growing but so far from being that guy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Jericho is maybe my favorite wrestler ever, though at this point he should be putting people over. And Chris has rarely if ever had a problem doing that anyway. So I am cool in that sense.

That said, I don't think they are using whatever momentum Bray and the Wyatts could have gotten out of feuding with him wisely so far. Tbh I have not cared for the way they are booking Bray in general. He looks to be on a similar path as Cesaro. And given how over Bray was added to him cutting unique and high quality promos, I think they are squandering potential lately.
    I have no idea what they are doing with Bray Wyatt beyond dropping the ball. This guy has the potential to be his generations Undertaker. A dark, charismatic guy with a dark undertone and different look. They should be treating him as such. Instead, he loses on PPV constantly, and seems incredibly weak unless his goons jump his opponents. It is so frustrating watching the E drop the ball on guys time after time because they are SO ingrained in what they think works but actually doesn't.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I have no idea what they are doing with Bray Wyatt beyond dropping the ball. This guy has the potential to be his generations Undertaker. A dark, charismatic guy with a dark undertone and different look. They should be treating him as such. Instead, he loses on PPV constantly, and seems incredibly weak unless his goons jump his opponents. It is so frustrating watching the E drop the ball on guys time after time because they are SO ingrained in what they think works but actually doesn't.
    He looked really strong during his win over Jericho at SS. And B-Dazzler at the RR.

Book him like that and he'll be fine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He looked really strong during his win over Jericho at SS. And B-Dazzler at the RR.

Book him like that and he'll be fine.
    But as a midcard heel who is still sort of over, he must be fed to Cena because they can't get anyone else over!