Page 358 of 359 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359 LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 5374

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He looked really strong during his win over Jericho at SS. And B-Dazzler at the RR.

Book him like that and he'll be fine.
    Yeah, but he shouldn't have put Jericho over at Battleground, and he CERTAINLY shouldn't have had his arse handed to him by Cena on Raw. That match really reduced his threat as a heel. As a viewer, I'm actually to the point of wondering why Harper and Rowan follow him at all. They win more matches than he does. It also had damaged his message, because he likes to call himself the Destroyer of Worlds, then gets his ass kicked. Repeatedly.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Astonishing Member

Even the best gimmicks and the most engaging mic skills can only do so much when your as rudderless as WWE has left Bray.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Yeah, but he shouldn't have put Jericho over at Battleground, and he CERTAINLY shouldn't have had his arse handed to him by Cena on Raw. That match really reduced his threat as a heel. As a viewer, I'm actually to the point of wondering why Harper and Rowan follow him at all. They win more matches than he does. It also had damaged his message, because he likes to call himself the Destroyer of Worlds, then gets his ass kicked. Repeatedly.
    Actually, they don't win more than him, they lose a lot. And often lose in the build up to his matches.

BANNED

Harper and Rowan has been reduced to jobbers for show & Henry (has they won a single bout yet ?) so the wyatt family on the whole has been jobbing.

Extraordinary Member

yeah it made no sense for Cena to go after Bray. It should of been Rusev. He is similar to Brock because he is being booked like an unstoppable monster and Lana could came out and mocked the four of them representing what America really is...an old relic that is trying to capture it's glory days. Then Cena demands a match for next week.

Then Cena goes off on him so much that the Ref is forced to DQ John. Say refusing to Let go of submission hold when Rusev has a hold of the ropes.

This gives John the edge because the fruity pebbles eating man child is dead. He died at Summer Slam. This Is the Thug-a-nomics doctrine, this is the man that has nothing left but his ruthless aggression.....This is the John Cena That no longer gives a F*ck.

Bray's message is already done. Compare his first vignettes to what he's got going on now; in the beginning he was the guy who knew what was REALLY going on in the world, the average joe like you and me are getting screwed over and we can't even see it but Bray Wyatt understands the truth. That's -- I can easily see people buying into that. But now he's been Flanderized into a raving loon.

Bray and the Wyatts are not credible as bigtime threats anymore. Bray talked a great game, but failed to deliver on almost everything. He failed to win key matches. His followers failed numerous times versus the Usos and now are getting beaten consistently by Show and Henry. Hell he even failed to bring out the beast in John Cena. Which is something Brock Lesnar took far less time succeeding in doing.

Honestly they look like acts that were given strong but short term initial pushes and are now settling in the midcard. Cesaro at least has a face turn card yet to play.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Bray and the Wyatts are not credible as bigtime threats anymore. Bray talked a great game, but failed to deliver on almost everything. He failed to win key matches. His followers failed numerous times versus the Usos and now are getting beaten consistently by Show and Henry. Hell he even failed to bring out the beast in John Cena. Which is something Brock Lesnar took far less time succeeding in doing.

Honestly they look like acts that were given strong but short term initial pushes and are now settling in the midcard. Cesaro at least has a face turn card yet to play.
    It hadn't occurred to me, but that is exactly right. Brock did in one lopsided match what Wyatt couldn't do in months of getting his ass kicked.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

So...5,000 posts. Guess we should restart the thread. Was Wrestling WWE X: Only $9.99 the going idea?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Jericho is really being jobbed out in his last run though. Heck, he beat Wyatt to the surprise of some at least in the first match of their series.

Honestly I think Jericho came back specifically to work with and put over Hyatt anyways. I think Jericho is one of those guys that isn't so protective of his spot that he won't put over someone else, as long as it's done the right way.

I suppose you could sort of make that arguement for RVD. Though honestly if RVD was full time he'd probably be in the exact same spot. I think RVD's days as a main eventer are pretty much done, except in multiple person matches like Elimination Chambers or Money in the Banks.
    i think jericho is in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    the people who were surprised by that don't watch enough pro wrestling.
    damn i guess i need to step it up. i figured bray would win via shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Jericho is maybe my favorite wrestler ever, though at this point he should be putting people over. And Chris has rarely if ever had a problem doing that anyway. So I am cool in that sense.

That said, I don't think they are using whatever momentum Bray and the Wyatts could have gotten out of feuding with him wisely so far. Tbh I have not cared for the way they are booking Bray in general. He looks to be on a similar path as Cesaro. And given how over Bray was added to him cutting unique and high quality promos, I think they are squandering potential lately.
    i don't think he has the ability to effectively put people over anymore, unless we're talking a jobber. i think that's why they gave jericho the 1st win over wyatt, so when wyatt won it would mean something but i don't think it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Jericho right now is the number one face in the company with Punk and Bryan being gone. Cena is not a traditional face because all heels that he fueds with are cheered for. Reigns is growing but so far from being that guy yet.
    i think ambrose and reigns are ahead of him currently, i'd certainly xpect either to win of they wrestled him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He looked really strong during his win over Jericho at SS. And B-Dazzler at the RR.

Book him like that and he'll be fine.
    i disagree, i don't think clean wins are what the guy needs. i think he works better as this generations raven. the face should have to chase him for awhile before ever even getting a match with him, then have him cheat to win when they finally get there hands on him.

No way is Jericho the #1 face. Not saying he couldn't be: but he's not being used like that. I don't even know if he wants it at this point in his career.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    So...5,000 posts. Guess we should restart the thread. Was Wrestling WWE X: Only $9.99 the going idea?
    Casper looking Crumpet
    I could be watching Nitro

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    No way is Jericho the #1 face. Not saying he couldn't be: but he's not being used like that. I don't even know if he wants it at this point in his career.
    He's just hereto put over younger talent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't think he has the ability to effectively put people over anymore, unless we're talking a jobber. i think that's why they gave jericho the 1st win over wyatt, so when wyatt won it would mean something but i don't think it worked.

i disagree, i don't think clean wins are what the guy needs. i think he works better as this generations raven. the face should have to chase him for awhile before ever even getting a match with him, then have him cheat to win when they finally get there hands on him.

It worked until Vince needed Cena to look strong.
    Something tells me the steel cage match is Vince's is thanking Brey and his family for their loyalty.

BANNED

I'm going to point something out.

Cena lost to Rock at WrestleMania 28. It was part of a longterm build that was designed for Cena to get his win back at WM 29 and get the rub from the Rock. Vince freaked out and had Cena beat Lesnar at the next ppv to save face. .

Cena lost to Brock at SummerSlam. It was part of a longterm build that was designed for Brock to get over strong and set up the next babyface to beat him (or allegedly the Rock). Vince freaked out and had Cena beat Wyatt on the next Raw.