Page 274 of 374 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Good episode. Good Lex for a change. Only quibble but nothing new - lack of speed blitz from J'onn and Kara vs. Manchester. What's up with Brainy's sex life? Is he sexual at all?
    I think Brainy knows too much about Dreamer and how this relates to Dream Girl so Briany is afraid of messing up the future by being too involved with Dreamer, especially romantically.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I was skeptical when he was cast, but boy did I love Jon Cryer as Lex. I loved every second of his performance. If he's going to be the true big bad for the rest of the season I am so stoked.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Why do all the super hero costumes suck aside from Supergirls? Even the show's version of the Superman outfit looks terrible. Dreamer's is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why do all the super hero costumes suck aside from Supergirls? Even the show's version of the Superman outfit looks terrible. Dreamer's is the worst.
    Wow. Outside of the first Red Tornado suit and Alex's suit, I think that all of the suits look really good. Especially Dreamer's.

Mighty Member

Melissa Benoist does a great job acting with a foreign accent.

So of COURSE I loose satellite signal due to a massive storm now. It couldn't rain a fucking hour ago, oh no....

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Melissa Benoist does a great job acting with a foreign accent.
    Not just the accent, but her acting was significantly better, IMO. As for Cryer's Lex, he's the best, AFAIAC.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Got my signal back....

Just like that, I like Otis. Especially him saving the kid, but all around this episode.

Cryer continues to astound as Lex. From busting out the suit at the beginning of the episode, to his manipulating Red Daughter, to the way he just casually comes to the conclusion 'I need to give myself cancer.' to get Lena to work with him.

I'm a bit puzzled by something- Lex has powers, but I thought the Harun-el he helped to stabilize was only to heal, not give powers. So how does he have powers now because of it?

NICE suit.

I wonder how complicit the President is with Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Oh, if you want to make sure you kill Olsen - just don't shoot him once in the back.
    Obviously, killing him wasn't the plan.

Is it just me, or when the Lex hologram showed up at Lena's, I thought he had given himself Dr Manhattan powers at first?

I think Cryer's doing a great job so far and I can appreciate the scope of Lex's manipulations, but he went through all that to get Lena to perfect the serum so that he could save Red Kara? He already had Tessmacher in her lab - couldn't he have gotten all her data, samples, etc and taken it to the finish line himself if he's such the Kryptonite expert? I don't think we saw him admit to not being able to do it.

The way this show has been taking cues from the Donner movies, I expect to see Lex in the Fortress of Solitude soon.

This episode is my new favorite one. Cryer and benoist gave absolutely flawless performances.

SO where is metropolis in relation to national city? That rooftop fight on the daily planet made me wonder what happened to the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    SO where is metropolis in relation to national city?
    There are palm trees, and it's a coastal city, so California I assume.

(Of course, those things could just be there because.)

And outside of Smallville, Metropolis is always a northeastern city.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Obviously, killing him wasn't the plan.

Is it just me, or when the Lex hologram showed up at Lena's, I thought he had given himself Dr Manhattan powers at first?

I think Cryer's doing a great job so far and I can appreciate the scope of Lex's manipulations, but he went through all that to get Lena to perfect the serum so that he could save Red Kara? He already had Tessmacher in her lab - couldn't he have gotten all her data, samples, etc and taken it to the finish line himself if he's such the Kryptonite expert? I don't think we saw him admit to not being able to do it.

The way this show has been taking cues from the Donner movies, I expect to see Lex in the Fortress of Solitude soon.
    What I want to know, is why didn't Lena suspect something more when Lex shows up as a hologram in a suit. Does she think that holo-calls from prison are normal?

As for the serum, while Eve could have gotten everything that Lex needed for him to do the work, I think he realized that maybe he wouldn't be able to finish the serum by himself in enough time to save Red Kara. By working with Lena, he cut the time to complete the serum down to a fraction of what it would have been.

Side note- I'd love for Lex to come up with a Red Kryptonite for humans that he could use on Lena to turn her evil. I'd kind of love to see what kind of plans the trio of Lex, Lena, and Lillian could come up with.

I don't think they'll have Lex in the fortress, if only because they already had Manchester break in a few episodes ago.

Lex knowing Supergirl's identity does raise the question- does he know who Superman is, then?

So- what's in the earrings? Kryptonite? Some kind of mind control device? The way they focused on them means they have to come back into play later.

Also- how exactly did regular Kara get her ears pierced in the first place? It would be hilarious if Kara was actually wearing magnetic earrings or clip-ons, and that is how the two Supergirl's are ultimately told apart.

I think Kara had her ears pierced while she was still a child on Krypton.
    Kara has some sort of communications device built into her earrings. Notice how she sometimes touches her ear when she first starts talking to someone while flying?
    I am guessing Kasnian Supergirl's earrings are also some sort of comm device. Maybe also a method Lex can use to control her. Emits a high pitched sound or something.

Loved that Linda Lee was the Kasnian Supergirl's alias.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think Kara had her ears pierced while she was still a child on Krypton.
    Kara has some sort of communications device built into her earrings. Notice how she sometimes touches her ear when she first starts talking to someone while flying?
    I am guessing Kasnian Supergirl's earrings are also some sort of comm device. Maybe also a method Lex can use to control her. Emits a high pitched sound or something.

Loved that Linda Lee was the Kasnian Supergirl's alias.
    I enjoyed her alias as well. I also loved Lex's and hers disguises.