Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amazing, Friendly Neighborhood, Superior & Venom

Any thoughts as to the quality of these titles would be helpful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    Any thoughts as to the quality of these titles would be helpful.
    Amazing is excellent. FNSM is very good.

Amazing is great but has been a slow burn. It's heating up right now, though.

Superior is very fun so far and is pretty exciting because we have no idea where it's going to go.

Venom looks fantastic and really gets into the characters while carving out a chunk of the Marvel Universe for the symbiotes. Feels less like a Spider satellite and more like a Cosmic book.

No sé mucho sobre el Simpático Hombre-Araña del Barrio.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Amazing is great. Superior is really good. FNSM gets Peter's voice but prefer the two I mentioned.

Highly enjoying the heck out of all of them. If I had to rank:

1a- ASM
    1b- Venom

FNSM
    SSM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

It is a good time to be a Spider-Man reader, that's saying everything you need to know.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I'd rank it with Venom as the best, Amazing and Superior tied as both really good (with maybe Amazing coming out slightly ahead), and then FNSM dead last for being really boring.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

1. Superior

2. Venom

3. Friendly Neighborhood

4. Amazing

1. Venom - Next to Immortal Hulk, this is my 2nd favorite title at the moment.
    2. ASM - Hunted so far has been excellent. I'm enjoying ASM more than I have in years. Spencer is killing it.
    3. FNSM - First issue was good, 2nd ok, last 2 have been boring. Leaning towards dropping.
    4. SSM - Only read the first issue.

I'm loving ASM

These are actually the only marvel comics I'm reading right now. And they ALL are hitting it out of the park IMO. Venom is amazing, breathing new life into the character. Amazing and Friendly Neighborhood are two sides of the same coin. Amazing is your typical big Spider-man adventure type book while Friendly Neighborhood is more down to earth and street level. And Superior is a fresh take on an old character. It is highly enjoyable.

Incredible Member

FNSM - good fun.
    ASM - now it's interesting (i.e. Hunted Storyline).
    SSM - meh it's ok. Think I'm more interested in Tolliver than SpOck. Anna Maria also grinds my gears a bit.
    Haven't been Venom. Is it any good? Never really been a fan of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    These are actually the only marvel comics I'm reading right now. And they ALL are hitting it out of the park IMO. Venom is amazing, breathing new life into the character. Amazing and Friendly Neighborhood are two sides of the same coin. Amazing is your typical big Spider-man adventure type book while Friendly Neighborhood is more down to earth and street level. And Superior is a fresh take on an old character. It is highly enjoyable.
    With that avatar, I assume you're reading MMSM too?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1. Venom - By FAR the best. Donny Cates has done amazing things with Eddie Brock and with this book.
    2. ASM - Honestly, Spencer's writing has been very mediocre to me, but ASM is still better than the last two by default. It has also started to pick up the pace lately, which helps.
    3. SSM - A fun action book, but the average writing and stories don't really make it a "can't miss" book.
    4. FNSM - SUCKS!!!! SUPER boring writing, bland art, and pedestrian stories make every issue feel like a generic, throwaway, backup story.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 04-04-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    With that avatar, I assume you're reading MMSM too?
    But of course. I didn't jump on it right away when it came back, but that only lasted about two issues. It is pretty amusing how there can be so many spider-titles and yet they all feel different.