Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Damage control from Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/philade...eo-2018-04-14/

The cynic in me suspects Johnson is trying to head off possible lawsuits from those two men and growing calls for boycotts from an outraged public.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Please retract your lies about me, and stop personally attacking me. If you don't want me dissecting your posts, make more solid arguments. It's really that simple.
    That implies I lied. Which I didn’t. And if you think what you are doing is “dissecting” my posts it really speaks to the discord you have between debate and attacking and bullying

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Damage control from Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/philade...eo-2018-04-14/

The cynic in me suspects Johnson is trying to head off possible lawsuits from those two men and growing calls for boycotts from an outraged public.
    Better for them to get ahead of it either way. Weird thing is Starbucks has always been a bit of progressive company. If anything the CEO used to piss conservatives off for perceived over reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Can’t wait until this shit hits the history books and they start making films about it.
    The inevitable tell-all books from members of the Abominable Administration about Trump years from now should be mighty entertaining. Unless of course they’re under lifetime NDA’s from his lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Lawyer set himself afire to protest global warming.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b077c89ce9335b

He picked a bad day to do it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...s-snow-n866036
    You're confusing weather with climate.
    That tells me everything I need to know about anything further you may have to say on the subject.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No im not conflating the two. I’m saying in one instance he’ll be a complete dick to anyone he disagrees with and use ad hominem attacks and bullying like behavior WHILE at the same time being the first person to be fragile and call other posters mean and make judge mental comments about the tact of other posters when he gets his feelings hurt. Either stand in the fire or don’t. If you want to be one of the biggest jerks on here do it, just don’t cry when multiple posters treat you the way you treat everyone else.

And no offense but I don’t think you’d be defending the exact same behavior if it was someone you routinely disagreed with doing it.And the sad thing is aside from Bernie Sanders crap and myself being more liberal on gun control I agree with him most of the time. He just seriously has a bad attitude and is unpleasant to post with. The blatant hypocrisy is just the icing on the cake. And I’m far from the only poster whose had similar sentiments. Like I said, is someone like Mets did this they’d be banned.
    2 issues here. The first: No one I've disagreed with has been seriously accused of carrying on a bullying campaign at all, while I strongly disagreed with Shawn Hopkins claiming he would PM things to Trump Voting Posters and/or #30 daily because of "what they did". If someone continues harping on BS that they've been corrected on in the past I don't think it's bullying to point that out and crack a joke or 2 when doing it. That might be too much MST3k during my formative years or being bullied for the majority of my school life as the fat redhead reading books in class all the time while also being in choir class, but that doesn't seem like bullying to me.

The second: If Mets acted as you claim it would be a Mod abusing his power by screwing with others so it would be warranted even if he was using words like Not Nice. However I don't even think Paul is acting like you claim, so that's a moot point.

Now if you really think he is being an abusive bully to multiple posters then what are you doing complaining here for? Report the posts and see if the people who are supposed to judge these things agree with you, or don't and keep whining about how someone else is whiny. Either way don't pretend you don't care about all this dramatic stuff one day and then pull this crap on another while complaining of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You're confusing weather with climate.
    That tells me everything I need to know about anything further you may have to say on the subject.
    Exactly. Even if you don't like the terms Global Warming or Climate Change, you have to admit that when it snows, in Washington, D.C., in April, something isn't right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Exactly. Even if you don't like the terms Global Warming or Climate Change, you have to admit that when it snows, in Washington, D.C., in April, something isn't right.
    its not all that unusual

I live in CT and its not all that unusual for the east coast to get snow into May

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    its not all that unusual

I live in CT and its not all that unusual for the east coast to get snow into May
    Connecticut? Yeah? New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    its not all that unusual

It snowed here in central Texas and also in the Sahara this winter, things aren't right. We've had droughts and no-snow here for the majority of my life, and in the past few years while everyone ELSE is getting surprise droughts and such we're getting the wettest and coldest winters I've seen. Anecdotal? Sure, but that doesn't change what happened and what's continuing to happen across the globe.

We got snow earlier and later than usual. I mean, we mostly don't get snow, but we got a lot this year.

It's also been hotter than usual in the summer.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Barbara Bush, the wife of former U.S. President George H.W. Bush, is in “failing health” and has decided to no longer seek medical treatment, the office of the ex-president said in a statement from Houston on Sunday.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p..._medium=Social
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Weird weather in NJ happens, but frequent extremes are rare. Lately the weather has been fluctuating far more than usual. This winter was one of the coldest in decades.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just got an alert about Barbara Bush. Most unfortunate.

That's sad to hear.