Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

News out that the Giants are not taking a QB with their #2 pick. Out of there freaking minds. Eli has two years left at best, when are they going to have a shot at another top QB?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Last month, the Eagles traded WR Torrey Smith to Carolina for DB Darryl Worley, a move I liked for depth in the Birds’ secondary. Unfortunately, Worley’s tenure in Philly ended today after he had been arrested early in the morning where he had been tasered by police. Because Worley had been cut, he won’t count against the cap, suddenly, it looks like the Birds might have to target a DB in the Draft, something I don’t think was in their plans.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    News out that the Giants are not taking a QB with their #2 pick. Out of there freaking minds. Eli has two years left at best, when are they going to have a shot at another top QB?
    I'll laugh my butt off if they take Barkley instead of a QB or OG Nelson to beef up their o-line.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'll laugh my butt off if they take Barkley instead of a QB or OG Nelson to beef up their o-line.
    Even an OG for a #2 doesn't make sense. Unless there's a QB next year they want and plan on tanking another season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Even an OG for a #2 doesn't make sense. Unless there's a QB next year they want and plan on tanking another season.
    True. But Nelson is ranked by some to be the best player in the draft.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    They'll go DE, and Chubb. They gotta replace JPP, after all, and when you take off the QB goggles, he's arguably the best player in the draft.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This is a pretty great QB class, but I would not rank any of them in the top three best in the draft. Nelson, Barkely and Chubb in that order.

The point is NY doesn't have a young QB to build around. They have someone with 1 or 2 years left and then n eed a new franchise QB. And they are in the perfect place to draft one. It's not rocket science. They don't needa great position player, they need their next QB.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-15-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Maybe next year if they did this bad with Eli?

Although the Giants should have a better record with returning injured players and some of their signings.

Extraordinary Member

Well actually the rumor is the Giants will either take Barkley or Chubb IF Sam Darnold isn't available. And the other rumor is the Browns are seriously taking a look at Josh Allen. So a QB still might be in play for them.

All that said... the Giants have two real options imo that make sense.

1. Draft the best QB at 2.
    2. Trade the 2 and fleece a team like the Bills and get a haul. They NEED to rebuild. Barkley or Chubbs alone isn't doing that and bluntly Barkley won't be good behind the Giants line and he'll lose value fast. Chubbs will be helpful but one defensive player isn't saving the day either.

Here's the thing, Eli's done. I don't care what their delusional fanbase thinks. He's not elite, he hasn't been elite, and he's on his way out. The window with him is closed. They are at least 2-3 seasons from being able to have anything competitive. They either need to get their QB situation straight or commit to a rebuild.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This draft is heavy on QB's and 6 could go by the 2nd or 3rd round. So even if the Giants draft the best player on the board (an offensive lineman) and then go QB , they'll be happy. They are in perfect spot to replace Eli and groom a QB behind him. They don't have to give up everything for that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This looks at the top #25 draft busts from the last 25 years of the NFL Draft.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The point is NY doesn't have a young QB to build around. They have someone with 1 or 2 years left and then n eed a new franchise QB. And they are in the perfect place to draft one. It's not rocket science. They don't needa great position player, they need their next QB.
    Unless the plan is to pursue a QB in free agency. But then, what do I know?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Steelers great James Harrison (LB) announced his retirement and is done according to him. He turns 40 soon and after 15 NFL seasons decided to retire to be with his family. Harrison was an undrafted player in 2002 and played in NFL Europe where he showed that he could play. After 14 seasons in Pittsburgh he leaves as the teams all-time sack leader.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Unless the plan is to pursue a QB in free agency. But then, what do I know?
    Aren't all the good QBs available signed? Except Capernik.