Page 318 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 2182683083143153163173183193203213223283684188181318 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Hahahahahahaha... *wipes tear from his eye*

yeah, no.

*sigh* and I do so hate pulling a blade other than the Euphemistic on a woman. Oh well. Cie la Vie. Or however the French spell it.

Neither tin nor aluminum are magnetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl...yer_detailpage

EDIT: D'oh! And I learn something new every day. Tin IS magnetic! Curses, foiled again!
    ANyway I'm talking cartoon or Magneto style. They get ANY metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    "Aw sh-sh-shucks!"
    Uncle Sam thinks you're stealing?

It's not nice to steal from Uncle Sam.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Pól Rua confuzzles me:

"Aw sh-sh-shucks!"
    Did you quote the wrong post?
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

EDIT: D'oh! And I learn something new every day. Tin IS magnetic! Curses, foiled again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    "Aw sh-sh-shucks!"
    Attachment 2069
    Nope. Not at all.
    Last edited by Pól Rua; 05-17-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

The MunchKING flows:

Well now that I'm back that Might change a bit.
    Nah, three-quarters of your stuff is mindless babble I can easily skim over.

Because, "takes one to know one!"
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

Pól Rua points out:

Nope. Not at all.
    Oh, did you do that, too? I must've missed it.

**blames Munchy and puts him on the crucifixion list.**

I just got mixed up because the previous post I BLATANTLY cut and pasted one of yours.
    'Dox out.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Uncle Sam thinks you're stealing?

It's not nice to steal from Uncle Sam.
    I'll steal a sideways glance at Phantom Lady!
    Mrowr!
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

I was searching the internet for news of Ai Yazawa, author of my favorite manga Nana, and it brought me to Salon Magazine writing about what happened on CBR which led to the forum change.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/16/lets...site_comments/

Part of the article makes it seem so much like comic websites or forums are very sexist and full of bad people disguised as comic fans. I may not agree completely but one can not notice the difference between before and now.

I can only say thank you CBR for trying your best to make this part of the world a better place.

The truth is that the world is full of a lot of "bad people" who will only knock it off if you make them. This is just a microcosm example of same.
    'Dox out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I was searching the internet for news of Ai Yazawa, author of my favorite manga Nana, and it brought me to Salon Magazine writing about what happened on CBR which led to the forum change.

Part of the article makes it seem so much like comic websites or forums are very sexist and full of bad people disguised as comic fans. I may not agree completely but one can not notice the difference between before and now.

I can only say thank you CBR for trying your best to make this part of the world a better place.
    Increasingly women* are being active as fans and in fan culture. This is great.
    Unfortunately, there are men who, for years, have been comfortable in their role as 'target audience'. For many of these people, there's a lot of low self-esteem, so they transfer their feelings of worth to the things they like. That's why, for instance, someone might react inappropriately to the suggestion that you don't like the Transformers, or if a writer changes the status quo in Green Lantern.
    So the fact that someone might come along and suggest that there's a problem with comics or videogames or whatever, they see it as a personal attack on them. Combine that with a lack of contact with women and an acceptance of a level of casual misogyny ('nice guys of OKCupid', 'friend-zoning', etc...), and the anonymity afforded by the internet, and, well. It can be ugly in there.

It's stupid and childish and mean-spirited. EVERYONE loves comics and everyone deserves comics. Being a fan doesn't mean you OWN something.

(* - and older people, younger people, LGBTQ folks, people from different races, countries, cultural backgrounds, religions... it's all pretty sweet...)

It really makes me sad, for us and for them. It should be about joy!

"I like this. You like this. Let's talk about how cool that is!"
    'Dox out.

Yup. If your self-esteem is THAT low, it can be traumatic to leave yourself vulnerable, so you adopt a pose of 'too cool to like anything'. You're afraid if you say "I like this", that someone will mock you for your decision, so you stand around with your pals and sneer at everything.

Am I just one of the lucky ones in this? I caught so much crap about comics as just-pre-adolescent that it made me not care what other people thought rather than getting defensive about it. Since those days (about a LOT more things than comics) my attitude has been "So? Like I care what you think." rather than "It is TOO OK that I like it!"
    'Dox out.

Am I just one of the lucky ones in this? I caught so much crap about comics as just-pre-adolescent that it made me not care what other people thought rather than getting defensive about it. Since those days (about a LOT more things than comics) my attitude has been "So? Like I care what you think." rather than "It is TOO OK that I like it!"
    High school was [an unpleasant experience] for me. It took about a decade to get over the crap that was done to me (and I did to myself) psychologically in high school.
    It's such a weird petri dish of atavism and neurosis, and entirely unlike anything outside high school.

I guess I got lucky there, too. I had a handful of buddies I'd hang with, but we didn't indulge in most of the social activity of high school (when we bothered to go). Instead we opted to avoid it with a sneer, because we knew it was an illusion (by virtue of older siblings) and that real life would be better once we were done.
    'Dox out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post

Part of the article makes it seem so much like comic websites or forums are very sexist and full of bad people disguised as comic fans.
    They probably believe that people who don't care for superheroes are not really fans or something.