Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Cable is really an excellent x-title. There's a lot of emotion in those pages. Scott, Jean, Nathan, Nate... sensitive and well written.
    By the way, it's the only title I'm following.
    Agreed. Cable is the best title out there. I did check out the X-men Red, it has similarities with what Scott was doing, but it also lacks character interaction. I don't know if I will continue to follow it.

I'm excited for Madrox though! One of my favorite!

Well, ever since they arrived, Jeen's already dated Tank, that college boy... anyone else? I'm not following X-Men Blue.

So, Tyke must date someone. Ever since the O5 arrived he's always chasing Jeen, begging for her love, it's pathetic.

And I don't see it as "forced". I think they make a lovely couple. They have much in common and Tyke would be very happy with Bloodstorm, or Kamala or someone else...
    I did not have any problem that Scott dating with Laura in NXM or Kamala, they didn't make a bad partner, also does not make a bad partner with Ororo, the problem is that now he would be with her when in Blue Tyke he made it clear that he loves Jeen and recently Jeen was going to confess to Tyke that she loves him too, so when these two are so close to beginning their relationship, Tyke / BloodStorm feels forced.

Jeen could be dating someone else. Tank, Warren, Jimmy or someone else...

To tell you the truth, I don't care about Jeen and Tyke. But just I don't want Jean and Scott to be a couple again, but just good friends. Jott is the past, it's over. Each of them must seek new ways.

Well, sorry, no offense, but that's what I think.
    Jeen could be dating someone, but as I mentioned, it feels forced when finally she has admitted that she loves Tyke and that she wants to try.

As for the adult Jott I don't agree, there is still much that can be done with them, leaving aside the children and the cheap drama, Scott and Jean have changed a lot and they aren't as they were before and this will have new routes to their relationship, both are mutant leaders and I think that something can come out of there, apart from Marvel seems that they are being paired again, PR and X-men Red.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    As for the adult Jott I don't agree, there is still much that can be done with them, leaving aside the children and the cheap drama, Scott and Jean have changed a lot and they aren't as they were before and this will have new routes to their relationship, both are mutant leaders and I think that something can come out of there, apart from Marvel seems that they are being paired again, PR and X-men Red.
    Agreed. Jott always seemed like the supposedly most stable couple in X-men. I think it wouldn't hurt the franchise if they kept Jott as the long-standing relationship. They don't need to continue developing their 'couple story' every arc. Just keep them there as a status quo and when a good story does come up, then we'd all be the happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Art by Ace Continuado

Great piece! Classic Cyclops doing classic things. It's art like this that helps remind me why he's missed and why he matters. It may still be a while before his adult self comes back, but so long as his absence carries such immense weight in the X-men comics, it'll make his return that much more memorable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Agreed. Cable is the best title out there. I did check out the X-men Red, it has similarities with what Scott was doing, but it also lacks character interaction. I don't know if I will continue to follow it.

I'm excited for Madrox though! One of my favorite!

Yes, I realized that Jean is clearly inspired by Cyclops, but I didn't like the book.

Since her return, Jean had cutting herself off from her x-friends and family. She came back to life a few months ago, and nobody cares. Where's Cable, Jeen, Hope, Tyke, Alex Summers, Lorna, Colossus, Warren, Hank and even Emma... nothing. And all of that seems so superficial somehow.

Where's the interaction between the characters. C'mon, these are the X-Men. That's a soap opera. It's the little things that are infinitely the most important. It's the little things that support the big things. The little things really make a difference.

But X-Men Red really didn't make me feel anything. This book didn't make me feel sadness and hopes, love, fear, anxiety and despair for the characters. I really cannot identify with any character. They are not people, they are just a bunch of boring characters, cold, too perfect like a statue, like a Captain America (bleh). Unlike Cable, that's the only x-book that makes me feel a lot of... feelings.

The greatest characters get distraught, they make mistakes. At least that's what I think. You know, I love Scott Summers because of that, he's not perfect. He's a tragic figure.

But Jean, I dunno, I can see why Taylor wants to keep her as a kind of Saint. That's what her fans wants. But I would like to see her on the ropes, and maybe having problems like getting up.
    You know, she's the leader of the team and sometimes this means making hard choices, hurting people close to you. Sometimes it's necessary to make decisions - even difficult, unpleasant, unpopular decisions. But I doubt that it will actually happen. X-Men Red is so predictable. That's why I don't like it.
    Taylor is a great writer, but the weight of Jean Grey, it was too much for him, I think.
    But gradually I'm sure he'll improve.
    I'd like to see him write Scott Summers. Injustice is filled with tragic characters, full of mistakes, but infinitely human.

So, yes, I like Madrox. X-Factor by Peter David was one of my favorite x-titles.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 06-12-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know Jott is screwed i have been saying for months that Jeen/Tyke wasn't happening. i knew since all new X-men #19, they are my favorite characters and couple but i understand they arent glued to the hip. I don't have a problem with they dating other people but i'm a fan of the pair and i dislike that it was teased just to screw it again. they could pair tyke/bloodstorm or jimmy/jean but i really don't want more toxicity or bad blood to the jean/scott ship. that's the part i dislike because it only makes scott look like a douche and he is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know Jott is screwed i have been saying for months that Jeen/Tyke wasn't happening. i knew since all new X-men #19, they are my favorite characters and couple but i understand they arent glued to the hip. I don't have a problem with they dating other people but i'm a fan of the pair and i dislike that it was teased just to screw it again. they could pair tyke/bloodstorm or jimmy/jean but i really don't want more toxicity or bad blood to the jean/scott ship. that's the part i dislike because it only makes scott look like a douche and he is not one.
    That's gonna depend on how it's done. If they remain close friends despite seeing other people it will go quite a ways towards preventing one or the other from being the douche.

I like Scott, he is my second favorite character but i don't like how marvel treats his love life and i fear something like that could happen again and i don't want that. They have made him look like a douche with maddie, jean and even emma. that feels so wrong because in hundreds of issues you can see he can love with passion and truly (specially jean, more than any other). I don't like scott to be defined by stuff like that, that's one of the reasons many people hate him and i also find stupid to tease jean/scott just to break them again when they haven't even being a thing yet.

BANNED

Why does Scott date or kiss other girls makes him a douche? Should he be an eternal idiot waiting for Jeen? Pfff, please, no! Jesus, this is pathetic.
    And you're saying that Jean and Jeen were douche when they kissed Logan (Jean), and Tank (Jeen)? Really? Okay.

You know, Tyke was supposed to kiss Bloodstorm in front of Jeen. Just as she did with him, you know, kissing Tank, that's what I think.

Anyway, Tyke & Bloodstorm are a beautiful couple. I love them. <3 <3

Why does Scott date or kiss other girls makes him a douche? Should he be an eternal idiot waiting for Jeen? Pfff, please, no! Jesus, this is pathetic.
    And you're saying that Jean and Jeen were douche when they kissed Logan (Jean), and Tank (Jeen)? Really? Okay.

You know, Tyke was supposed to kiss Bloodstorm in front of Jeen. Just as she did with him, you know, kissing Tank, that's what I think.

Anyway, Tyke & Bloodstorm are a beautiful couple. I love them. <3 <3
    I know you hate jott but this isn't about it (it is somewhat related though). forget about jean, emma, bloodstorm, whatever. in this moment I'm talking like someone who likes Scott regardless of my shipping preferences. I'm just saying that these love triangles and dates (in the way they are done) make him look bad (at least to me). It's a part of the character that i really don't like. some people are happy if it screws jean or jott but if marvel keeps with this sooner or later they will do it to emma or bloodstorm or any relationship, and i don't want that, he is a good guy but this will only make more people hate him.

BANNED

Oh, man... sigh... again, I love Jott, a lot... but that's in the past. But I don't like the eternal whining. Meh.

And "love triangle" is also Jean thing. She was married to one man and she kissed another one, multiple times.
    In other words, she was a douche too. But who cares, that's in the past. I never stopped loving her for one minute. She's a fictional character. It's not her fault, so I let it go.
    Emma cheated on Scott with Namor, but who cares. I never stopped loving her for one minute. I still love Emma, a lot.
    Scott cheated on Jean with Emma, but who cares. I never stopped loving him for one minute. I still love Scott, a lot.
    That's a soap opera, for God's sake.

And who cares about Cyclops haters? I don't care.

And Scott Summers is not a Jean Grey puppy. Bloodstorm is beautiful, cool, and she loves Tyke, that's all, at least for the time being.

Oh, man... sigh... again, I love Jott, a lot... but that's in the past. But I don't like the eternal whining. Meh.

And "love triangle" is also Jean thing. She was married to one man and she kissed another one, multiple times.
    In other words, she was a douche too. But who cares, that's in the past. I never stopped loving her for one minute. She's a fictional character. It's not her fault, so I let it go.
    Emma cheated on Scott with Namor, but who cares. I never stopped loving her for one minute. I still love Emma, a lot.
    Scott cheated on Jean with Emma, but who cares. I never stopped loving him for one minute. I still love Scott, a lot.
    That's a soap opera, for God's sake.

And who cares about Cyclops haters? I don't care.

And Scott Summers is not a Jean Grey puppy. Bloodstorm is beautiful, cool, and she loves Tyke, that's all, at least for the time being.
    the problem, my friend is not that teen Scott doesn't have dates with other girls, he is single and can. the problem and the biggest complaint of phoenixzero23 is that during Blue it has been made clear that teen Scott loves Jeen and that Jeen loves Teen Scott, both have progressed a lot in their relationship and have been about to kiss or say they love each other in several occasions but always for one reason or another they don't do it in the end. Tyke/BloodStorm and Jeen/Jimmy have not really developed. Blue gives us to understand that Tyke and Jeen are going to be a couple at last, but then they come with: no, now Tyke is with BloodStorm! It makes no sense and to be fairly coherent they have to destroy the whole relationship that Tyke and Jeen have been creating in Blue. if the goal was to unite Tyke and BloodStorm or Jeen and Jimmy, why for giving Tyke/Jeen development if there would be nothing at the end?

and don't exaggerate, yes, Jean was not perfect she made mistakes too but Jean had with Logan a total of 4 kisses, 2 forced by Logan, which really doesn't count. And if you remember the last kiss, although this time it was she who started it really did not mean anything, why? because while she was kissing him, she didn't thought Logan, thought about Scott, Logan knew it and that's why he told her that they would never work. surely that kiss was like kissing a drunkard.

BANNED

Oh, c'mon, my friend, please, Jean Grey said in X-Men Red Annual that Logan was one of the only two men she loved. She went to meet the daughters of the two man she loved. So please, that "Saint Jean Grey" thing will not work for me. So yes, Jean cheated on Scott. Period. But who cares, that's in the past, let it go.

And I wonder where were the Jeen fans when she was kissing Tank, or dating the college boy, or making Tyke a pathetic idiot.

Tyke and Bloodstorm are a beautiful couple. I hope they'll be very happy, at least for the time being.

Cute

Last edited by CuteClops; 06-12-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Oh, c'mon, my friend, please, Jean Grey said in X-Men Red Annual that Logan was one of the only two men she loved. She went to meet the daughters of the two man she loved. So please, that "Saint Jean Grey" thing will not work for me. So yes, Jean cheated on Scott. Period. But who cares, that's in the past, let it go.

And I wonder where were the Jeen fans when she was kissing Tank, or dating the college boy, or making Tyke a pathetic idiot.

Tyke and Bloodstorm are a beautiful couple. I hope they'll be very happy, at least for the time being.

Cute

Yes and I don't buy that. first Jean had made it clear at some point before Morrison that Logan was for her only a friend, second Morrison who resumed the love triangle after being asleep for more than 10 years said there was no triangle and that Logan's feelings for Jean They were not reciprocated. After the movies the idea that Jean/Logan was more than it ever was has been created, many people now believe that Jean loves Logan but that for some reason she was still with Scott (that is, most of that are fans of Wolverine and that they knew the X-Men by the movies) in addition Taylor is the writer of Wolverine, adores Laura and needed a reason by which to introduce Laura and Gabby in Jean's team while the logical way would have been Rachel, Rachel would love to be part of a team where is her mother and Jean wanted to have the little family that remains close to her: Rachel, Nathan, Nate and Hope. Taylor simply looked for the easy way even if it was not the real one.
    They have already enlarged "Jean's love" for Wolverine too much after his death, even if it contradicts the aforementioned, and I'm not surprised that future writers follow that path. But as I said Jean is not perfect or a saint, she has also made several mistakes.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 06-12-2018 at 05:08 PM.

BANNED

It's canon, it's real, it's in the x-books, it's in the X-Men Red Annual. Jean loved two men: Logan and Scott.
    Yeah, great! Who cares. Really, man, I don't care.

You know what would make me very upset? I'd be too sad if they killed Jean, and then, call her a terrorist, psychopath and Hitler, even if it wasn't the truth. That would make me very very upset.

By the way, killing Jean and leaving her dead for fourteen years... that really bothered me.