Page 274 of 286 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4285
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    At least Night Girl has the sense to look somewhat embarrassed wearing her Fredrick's of Hollywood outfit before the president, unlike Cosmic Boy.
    I give Cosmic Boy props for owning that look.

Take that, Namor!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ....I think my wife has this in her closet for nights when the kids are out of the house. And this was a superhero outfit?

Damn.
    I find it funny that Superman and Supergirl, (two time travelers from a comparatively more conservative time) aren't asking "why is everybody naked"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I give Cosmic Boy props for owning that look.
    Rokk Krinn, regardless of the continuity, has a mile long list of reasons he's going to have gray hair before he's 30. He needs to feel good about something.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I find it funny that Superman and Supergirl, (two time travelers from a comparatively more conservative time) aren't asking "why is everybody naked"?
    Because that "comparatively more conservative time" was the 70's.

Semi-unrelated, but when I was a dumb 4 year-old reading Legion comics for the first time, I honestly thought he was just wearing a really tight beige costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I really would like for D.C. to start to explore the different worlds out in space. Thanagar, Durla, Culo ....
    Please tell me there isn't a world in the DCU called Culo ?
    Although I guess it could be some sectors version of Uranus?

Retired

Colu is the home planet of Brainiac.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I find it controversial that no one wants to talk about the booty call friendly costumes worn by Cosmic Boy & Night Girl during the Grell era.

Geez, Mike! Do you think that chafes his armpits?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I remember there being several alterations to PG's costume in the early days, just as there were a few different costumes later on, not just one. But what the original Estrada/Orlando design did was approach the female form from a slightly different way from what was standard at that time. This was what we thought was so liberating back then. You didn't have to draw every character the same and women could have different body types. It wasn't supposed to be sexist exploitation.

The one Legion character that I remember exposing the most skin in the 1970s and 1980s was Laurel Kent. Although I guess you could argue Cosmic Boy and Blok exposed just as much. She's actually wearing a lot of coverage in that Grell pin-up, I remember her wearing even less. But it made sense to me with Laurel, because her power was invulnerability. She didn't need clothes, as her body presumably never got too cold or hot and never required protection from anything.

But you can extend that to the whole Legion, in the 30th century, where not only do they have flight rings but invisible protection from the ravages of outerspace. They literally don't need clothes and maybe clothes made from fabrics would be an indulgent waste of resources. Their "clothes" were just a futuristic form of body paint, which would explain how they stayed on.
    You know what's weird? They changed Laurel Kent after COIE but they didn't really need to. She was Superman's descendant. She could still be his descendant, just never having met Superboy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

I don't buy a ton of comics anymore, I kind of rolled my eyes when I saw they were relaunching Justice League but I went out and bought the mini series leading up to the relaunch and the first issue of the new series. Terrible. Sorry, I love DC and I love the characters (in general) but the mini series was cheesy as hell, the art was "meh" at best and I was almost sickened by the over the top push to make all of the characters seem like they were one big happy family.

Like I said, I don't buy a ton of comics but I do try to keep up with the goings on in the DC universe.....when did J'onn become over the top friends with Superman and Batman? I suppose I could see Superman trusting J'onn as he's the pre New52 Superman and he knows the "classic" version of the character but Batman? When did this happen?

Comic books are about stories, not power levels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Comic books are about stories, not power levels.
    Thank you. I groan when I see stories with headlines like, "DC's most powerful characters -- ranked!"

If Batman and Superman fight (I know it's been done to death) it's not about Superman being more powerful than batman, it's about the human overcoming odds to defeat the god. When it works (pretty much only Dark Knight Returns) the regular man finding something in himself to be a hero when he should lose. I mean this is **** that goes back to the Odyssey.

Okay... I'm drunk...

If your favorite character isn't one of the biggies... (mr Plinkett voice)

Bruce Wayne

Clark Kent

Diana Prince

Hal Jordan

Barry Allen

Arthur Curry

Lex Luthor

The Joker

Dick Grayson

it really doesn't matter what DC does with those characters. If you like to get upset about how they wrote Captain Comet in this issue, please do me a favor. Take you hat... and go **** in your hat. There are a select few of characters that matter. The rest simply don't.

BANNED

Lost DC Characters I liked included Blue Devil, Vril Dox of Legion '92, Sylvia St Cloud, Captian Comet, Metal Men

If you like to get upset about how they wrote Captain Comet in this issue, please do me a favor. Take you hat... and go **** in your hat. There are a select few of characters that matter. The rest simply don't.
    I'll take you at your word that you were drunk when you typed this. It is offensive to people who care deeply about Captain Carrot (or any other character who is not one of the Big Five). So please moderate your language language in future or you will be hearing from Conn Seanery -- and you don't want that.

Sandy Hausler

If Batman and Superman fight (I know it's been done to death) it's not about Superman being more powerful than batman, it's about the human overcoming odds to defeat the god. When it works (pretty much only Dark Knight Returns) the regular man finding something in himself to be a hero when he should lose. I mean this is **** that goes back to the Odyssey.
    My controversial opinion is that it did NOT work in DKR. I always considered it rather pathetic that 1) Bruce is actively trying to kick the crap out of someone who is asking him to stand down and is only concerned about the Health of Bruce. and 2) Clark was still active when Bruce's heart attack pill kicked in...

So no... I don't consider that a human beating a god.. or man's ability to win amazing odds... Bruce was just a jerk and still 'lost'.

Hush was a bit closer... but Superman was mind controlled at the time.