Page 247 of 432 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

This isnt straightforward enough for you? Do you need to see his piece in her hole?
    Thanks for the genuine laugh lol

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I know even guys that hold hands LOL

99,9% of people do that and Jean already did that.
    Because she can't change her mind, right.

You know that if it were a mistake it would've been fixed for the TPB? It wasn't.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This isnt straightforward enough for you? Do you need to see his piece in her hole?
    they are just kissing.

PLENTY do. Its really an old fashioned thing for a woman to take a man's last name, but its growingly been more acceptable to not do so, which would be appropriate for Jean considering her rocky history with Scott. Look at Hollywood. Most actresses keep the name they got famous with bc its part of their brand. Grey is Jean's brand and reason enough for Marvel to keep her as such
    it isn't old fashipned at all, women can choose and majority choose to do that. Jean already merged her name once, she would continue to use it now

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Because she can't change her mind, right.

You know that if it were a mistake it would've been fixed for the TPB? It wasn't.
    LOl one dude wasn't gay and the other was. It was a joke that the straight liked to do.

I'm tired of blank statement "oh people change". they mean zero to me.
    where is the character taking decisions? just a sad excuse for OOC behavior
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 08:50 AM.

It's on page. everyone can read, Jean only talks about Scott. That is the only "romance" she have on the run and for more than a decade she is only shown to love Scott.
    OMG? why do you always change the subject? Do you do it on purpose? Or are you unable to focus? The subject was that you said that "canon is ONLY on page". Then I quoted you saying that you said the total opposite saying you were basing canon on Morrison's interview . On page, Jean wasn't the one who started the marital problems with Scott. You can deny it all you want, it's written on paper. So why are mixing this subject with Scott being the only romance Jean had???

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    OMG? why do you always change the subject? Do you do it on purpose? Or are you unable to focus? The subject was that you said that "canon is ONLY on page". Then I quoted you saying that you said the total opposite saying you were basing canon on Morrison's interview . On page, Jean wasn't the one who started the marital problems with Scott. You can deny it all you want, it's written on paper. So why are mixing this subject with Scott being the only romance Jean had???
    I'm not changing anything. The canon I have has nothing to do with Morrison interview, I always read it the way I read.
    Morrison interview just confirmed what I already knew. People can reach the same conclusion if they aren't biased shippers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm tired of blank statement "oh people change". they mean zero to me.
    where is the character taking decisions? just a sad excuse for OOC behavior
    "I don't like it" does not mean that a character is acting out of character.

If you want another answer, here it is: Jean Grey is an iconic name and is that much more marketable than Jean Grey-Summers. That's why Sue Storm is often called Susan Storm and not Susan Storm-Richards or Susan Richards. It's all about the branding. When Donna Troy was married she took her husband's last name but she was still Donna Troy. Dinah Lance has always been Dinah Lance, not Dinah Queen, etc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    "I don't like it" does not mean that a character is acting out of character.

If you want another answer, here it is: Jean Grey is an iconic name and is that much more marketable than Jean Grey-Summers. That's why Sue Storm is often called Susan Storm and not Susan Storm-Richards or Susan Richards. It's all about the branding. When Donna Troy was married she took her husband's last name but she was still Donna Troy. Dinah Lance has always been Dinah Lance, not Dinah Queen, etc.
    people can still have single public names, but on paper be the married name.

I always thought it was dumb when actresses changed their single name to add the last name of their husband, then get a divorce and has to change it again. Many get the last name but keep it out of artistic name

they are just kissing.
    Then why is this OOC when there has been several examples of them kissing in the past? Especially if you dont believe that she and Scott are together then it really shouldnt be alarming for a perfectly single Jean to kiss another man

I'm not changing anything. The canon I have has nothing to do with Morrison interview, I always read it the way I read.
    Morrison interview just confirmed what I already knew. People can reach the same conclusion if they aren't biased shippers
    Can you please stop calling me a shipper? it's the last time I am asking.
    As you said, it's the way YOU read it.

But on paper, Scott was not a husband to Jean before she stopped being his wife. Open the book, read it actually. And that's why the huge majority of readers saw it : Scott one the one being cold, distant, then unfaithful. He was the one having a psychic affair, and no one blamed Jean for that. And that's not the point anyway. The point is that you said canon is only on page, yet, you said otherwise about New X-Men run.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

it was written by a men. Let's not pretend that the chaarcter did it alone, on her own freewill.
    I'm not sure where you were planning on going with this.
    "Cable was right!"

Then why is this OOC when there has been several examples of them kissing in the past? Especially if you dont believe that she and Scott are together then it really shouldnt be alarming for a perfectly single Jean to kiss another man
    Very good point.

in the past. Doesn't mean it have to happen again, specially that Jean left any attraction to Logan in the past

in the past. Doesn't mean it have to happen again, specially that Jean left any attraction to Logan in the past
    But aren't you all about people don't change

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    But aren't you all about people don't change
    yeah they don't, Jean was never that much into logan to begin. There was never a true love traingle.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Can you please stop calling me a shipper? it's the last time I am asking.
    As you said, it's the way YOU read it.

But on paper, Scott was not a husband to Jean before she stopped being his wife. Open the book, read it actually. And that's why the huge majority of readers saw it : Scott one the one being cold, distant, then unfaithful. He was the one having a psychic affair, and no one blamed Jean for that. And that's not the point anyway. The point is that you said canon is only on page, yet, you said otherwise about New X-Men run.
    you are a shipper: person that likes a couple together. you even said that you waited decades for the coupled get together.
    I'm waiting many years for a couple get together on a tv show, of course i'm a shipper.

I didn't said otherwise. The canon is on page and is very explicit on what it says.

She sure was not in love with Logan, yet she was still attracted to him enough to kiss him in New X-Men and explore his sexual fantaisies.

And yet, even she left any attraction to him in the past, is it impossible that she can feel it again? I mean, do you even know how human feelings and emotions work? Not projecting, just noticing that many people can be attracted to someone, then let go that attraction, then go back to it after a while. I witnessed it many times.

And as you claim that X-Force #10 feature just a kiss, what's the problem? She kissed him a few times before. Sometimes it was years between 2 kisses. So what is OCC ?