Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I get some things need to be recon in comics but Like I said they are just really over doing it. If it is needed for a story because of some modern times that is fine like Flash Fighting in the middle east of Vietnam. But damn! I mean they did a whole invisible woman series which was one big recon about her being a spy. You dont need to recon things every time there is a new writer. There was no need for the Celestial Recon about the mutants, there was no need to recon that SW and QS were not Magnetos kids. That is what makes comic continuity such a joke and meaningless.

Fox Xmen mivies suffered a huge deal IMPO because it was like the writer of one movie had never seen or heard of the ones before it. I am worried that the MCU will suffer for that as the movies and shows go on for years and they try and explain things to new viewers.
    Maybe the intent of the Invisible Woman series was to make her powers match her job?

I don't think the MCU will do that. They haven't really been big on retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    With D+ I think I will wait a bit until the now much anticipated Dr strange 2 because of Wandavsion. Of all the fan theories I see, I think I will not be surprised if what this Disney Plus shows are just What IF stories. all of them. As I have a feeling this D+ shows are only fairly tied to the movies. I could be wrong but I will wait to see.
    This is definitely wrong. We already know WandaVision will lead directly into Dr. Strange 2 and Captain Marvel 2 so they aren't "What If's." Feige has also already stated the shows directly affect the films and vice versa. A Disney+ series would be a good way to differentiate the X-franchise from Fox's previous films, too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This is definitely wrong. We already know WandaVision will lead directly into Dr. Strange 2 and Captain Marvel 2 so they aren't "What If's." Feige has also already stated the shows directly affect the films and vice versa. A Disney+ series would be a good way to differentiate the X-franchise from Fox's previous films, too.
    Agreed. The shows and movies are connected, and D+ would help to expand on characters who may not have time for it in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Agreed. The shows and movies are connected, and D+ would help to expand on characters who may not have time for it in the movies.
    Exactly. t would really help side characters, which X-universe has PLENTY of.

Also, I saw you posted the same thing earlier but since Castle has you on ignore, he wouldn't have seen it.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. t would really help side characters, which X-universe has PLENTY of.

Also, I saw you posted the same thing earlier but since Castle has you on ignore, he wouldn't have seen it.
    I'm not sure what happened there. I feel I was being a bit antagonistic, so I'll behave myself from now on.

I'm not sure what happened there. I feel I was being a bit antagonistic, so I'll behave myself from now on.
    You weren't (he did it when you said you said the "next step" doesn't make any sense.) That's just him.

Back on topic, I wonder if a Disney+ series going for the X-Men Evolution route would work? Make them high schoolers/"New" mutants to begin with.

Ultimate Member

You weren't (he did it when you said you said the "next step" doesn't make any sense.) That's just him.

Back on topic, I wonder if a Disney+ series going for the X-Men Evolution route would work? Make them high schoolers/"New" mutants to begin with.
    Ok. I won't worry about him.

I think having both older and younger x-Men would work. Characters like Storm could be the mentors, while younger ones from the more recent comics can be the students.

See, I want a younger Storm but that's mainly because I REALLY want Kiki Layne to play her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    So were the twins (SW and QS ). Both were retconned from mutants to kind of not mutants. I think this is the second worse recton I ever saw since Rey from Star Wars. Honestly I dont even care what is what, but what made xmen different is that they were the next stage of human evolution.if you take that away, what themes do you have of people who are oppressed? the concept of mutants is that they could not change who they are, this is the same with the issue of people born of a different race. that is why they were great metaphors.

Additionally marvel comics is very very complex but not even them have been able to explain why people fear the xmen and not F4 or Avengers and sometimes these teams have worked together, putting that on film is going to be harder, this is the reason why even those MCU fans that know xmen is too complex or heavy to merge in the mcu, they wanted a different universe for xmen but still in the mcu just not that heavily connected. this wont be so obviously, so mcu is going to need to have a heavy job trying to explain things more.

I always wondered in the 90s why X-MEN TAS had only 0.05% crossovers with the other marvels, While Spiderman TAS had so many. Daredevil, Punisher, Blade. Spiderman got all the crossovers in TAS. X-Men didn't. Now I know why, it just does not work fully, it's funny that even spiderman in that universe said to xmen, I have no plans of being a freak like you guys.

Wolverine replies and says, watch your mouth being a mutant is gift.

So yeah, loads to unpack with the bigger story telling not that xmen will be forced to interreact, this is not just Bucky showing with Wakanda to meet shuri or something to set up Infinity Wars. a lot of the crossovers have to matter to a particular commentary or x-men plot point. Is just not for the sake of....it's all connected.
    Not just kind of not mutants, they completely aren't. And for Wanda it really hasn't impacted her at all. And Mags was the retcon. He wasn't their father until the 80s. He barely had anything to do with them. They made the Maximoffs, the family that raised them in every lore telling of their parentage their actual family. That hardly compares to sudden Palpatine. If anything, Mags was that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

See, I want a younger Storm but that's mainly because I REALLY want Kiki Layne to play her lol
    I have discussed this in other subs, but do we really want a younger Storm, next to the older Avengers? I know the MCU isn't a direct adaptation, but isn't she supposed to be contemporary in age to the first Avengers (aside from Cap obviously)? She's supposed to have a certain level of authority, and I feel seeing her as an older woman and a leader of the X-Men could send a good message about inclusivity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not just kind of not mutants, they completely aren't. And for Wanda it really hasn't impacted her at all. And Mags was the retcon. He wasn't their father until the 80s. He barely had anything to do with them. They made the Maximoffs, the family that raised them in every lore telling of their parentage their actual family. That hardly compares to sudden Palpatine. If anything, Mags was that.
    I feel there's a divide between SW fans who don't like Magneto as the father, and some X-Men fans who do. Is that correct? I lean to the first side, personally.

I have discussed this in other subs, but do we really want a younger Storm, next to the older Avengers? I know the MCU isn't a direct adaptation, but isn't she supposed to be contemporary in age to the first Avengers (aside from Cap obviously)? She's supposed to have a certain level of authority, and I feel seeing her as an older woman and a leader of the X-Men could send a good message about inclusivity.
    I would love to see an older Storm. Some Xmen characters you can make younger and it would work. Kitty, Iceman, even Scott could be younger with out issue I think. Others you need to have older and more mature like Beast and Strom. I think Storm was a better leader anyway.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I feel there's a divide between SW fans who don't like Magneto as the father, and some X-Men fans who do. Is that correct? I lean to the first side, personally.
    There are some that still dream of Marvel doing anything with that connection. But with the two offices being very separate it was always unlikely out of a few guest appearances. And it was generally toxic to Wanda. Never really benefited her.

Definitely a divide of sorts.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would love to see an older Storm. Some Xmen characters you can make younger and it would work. Kitty, Iceman, even Scott could be younger with out issue I think. Others you need to have older and more mature like Beast and Strom. I think Storm was a better leader anyway.
    Cool. I assumed Iceman and Cyke are the same age as them, with Shadowcat being younger and X-23 being the most "recent" generation, if I'm not mistaken.

Possibly. But it's also the (tired) trope of the older, sage black person mentoring the young, white folks. Especially since, she'd likely be playing second to Scott and having him younger than her but still in charge is the worse option. She can be young and still a leader and display wisdom/intelligence. Why can't a younger black woman be seen as such?